Mar 05 2013
By: Conans_Boy Lombax Warrior 253 posts

Pickup Items; what do you want to be added?

[ Edited ]
20 replies 223 views Edited Mar 5, 2013

A lot of you have your wishlists for PSASBR. What characters, stages, costumes, minions, bug fixes, and balancing fixes you want to see added. But do you have any pickup Items you wanna see added? What would it do, how long does it last, what is it called and what is it from. Here's a list of suggestions I got:

Blasto's Blaster (Blasto)
Submitted by: retrosoul22
Can fire six regular shots or it can be charged up to fire one powerful shot that knocks AP out of enemies.

Red Eco (Jak & Daxter)

submitted byMe

Will make the player glow red. Slightly increase hitbox of all attacks, (even supers!) and multiplies all AP gain by 1.5. Stays fore five seconds.

Rune (Journey)

submitted by: Me

Causes a scarf to trail behind the player, staying on until killed. Gives the use of a triple jump, as well as slower falling.

Let's see what you got!

*World's most disappointed facepalm.*

%& Lead Scout for The Bunker! &%
Message 1 of 21 (223 Views)
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Re: Pickup Items; what do you want to be added?

Mar 5, 2013
Blasto's Blaster

Can fire six regular shots or it can be charged up to fire one powerful shot that knocks AP out of enemies.
Message 2 of 21 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Mar 5, 2013

retrosoul22 wrote:
Blasto's Blaster

What game is that from?

Message 3 of 21 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Blasto
Message 4 of 21 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Mar 5, 2013
It's from a PS1 game called Blasto.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasto_(video_game)
Message 5 of 21 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Mar 5, 2013

retrosoul22 wrote:
It's from a PS1 game called Blasto.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasto_(video_game)

Got it

Message 6 of 21 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Mar 5, 2013
A trophy assist type of item. (Kind of like ssb) It could look like a platinum trophy and it could be a rare item. The first 3 assists I can think of would be: The spear from GoW:A multiplayer flys down and if you grab it you instantly go up to the next super level. (Op I know but there's worse items in the game already). 2. A locoroco blob comes out and smashes the players (similar to snorlax pokeball). 3. Tokyo Jungle stampede(similar to the nintendogs but not as lame), a stampede of different animals from Tokyo jungle would run horizontally across the screen for about 5 to 7 seconds and it'd be like the crows how you get 30ap per person but you could get more from the stampede.
Message 7 of 21 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
578 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Vac-U (from R&C: All 4 One)
Once obtained, holding down the square button will create a cone of suction in front of you. It will pull players toward you at a speed inversely proportional to the distance between you and your foe(s).
If an opponent is sucked into the Vac-U, you may eject them by pressing the square button once more.

*Good until (1 or 2, perhaps) player shots or until Vac-U runs out of suction power (undetermined, perhaps 10 seconds)

I think an item like this would be genuinely fun, especially for those of a more... diabolical... nature.
 photo psasbrsig_zpsdfbc77fd.jpg
Message 8 of 21 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Groovitron

From Ratchet & Clank

• Whoever gets caught in the Groovitrons radius is forced to dance. It'd be a rare item because it'd cause major kill confirms.

Chicken Potion

From Fat Princess

• Once thrown it'd either explode times or on contact. Whoever is hit turns into a little chicken who can run but could become a very easy target for combos and AP. Chickens can fight back but has a huge hit recovery.

Missiles

From LittleBigPlanet: Karting

• Multiple missiles are shot out in the air but can not go through the thinnest of platforms. Whoever is hit will have a blurry vision for a small amount of time.

Napalm

From Twisted Metal

• Once thrown it'd blow up on contact of floor, wall or player. The blast can knock out a ton of AP while the flames left over will leave players on fire which could slowly extract small amounts of AP for a short while.

Crash Bandicoot Items

Spoiler

*I will be listing off all possible items, some could be incorporated in Crash Bandicoot's moveset and not be pickup items. I will also list off as many possibilities as I could think of for the item.

Lightning

From Crash Bash

• Whoever picks it up has to keep away from other players. Whoever is holding it by the end of the 10 second countdown will be safe from lightning striking down and stunning the characters. This could be passed of to another player by a simple hit or touch.

500 lbs

From Crash Bash

• Whoever picks this up must hit another player as soon as possible. Whoever is holding it by the end of the 10 second countdown will be crushed by a 500lbs weight. Could either paralyze or kill. This could be passed off to another player by a single hit or touch.

Cannonball

From CTR: Crash Team Racing

• Shoots the direction the player is facing. Very fast and will ricochet off walls knocking out AP from whoever it hits.

TNT

In all Crash games but I'll base this off CTR: Crash Team Racing

• Similar to the 500lbps except this can be thrown by the original player who picks it up. Once thrown it can sit out like a normal mine but whoever stumbles upon it has 10 seconds to pass the TNT to another player. Whoever has the TNT by the end will be blown up. It can either stun, blow away, or maybe even kill. Depends on what the devs want to do with it.

Camera

From Crash Bash. This would probably be better for a stage.

• This could be a camera that follows players around and shoots down random lazers on the stage. Red lazers will cause damage to playes while white lazers give players powerups. These power ups could either be a random item, lightning, 500lbs, making players giant or tiny, or insta super. Depends on what the devs want to do with it. This item could elliminate adding in the lightning and 500lbs to general gameplay.

Wumpa Bazooka

From Crash Bandicoot Warped

• Same physics as Cakinator but maybe faster. Could be either timed or ammo limited. This could knock little AP but does stun.

Aku Aku

Preferably the original Aku Aku and not the ape looking one in Mind over Mutant.

• Could work like the Wipeout shield. 
  • Maybe blocks off a single kill, but can be knocked off by grabbing like all items.
  • Possibly one life in stock. Probably not the best idea.. 

Message 9 of 21 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Cutscene_Dante wrote:
Vac-U (from R&C: All 4 One)
Once obtained, holding down the square button will create a cone of suction in front of you. It will pull players toward you at a speed inversely proportional to the distance between you and your foe(s).
If an opponent is sucked into the Vac-U, you may eject them by pressing the square button once more.

*Good until (1 or 2, perhaps) player shots or until Vac-U runs out of suction power (undetermined, perhaps 10 seconds)

I think an item like this would be genuinely fun, especially for those of a more... diabolical... nature.

Isnt that what Ratchets grab button do?

Message 10 of 21 (153 Views)
0 Likes