Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: People want Sora more than Crash Bandicoot

Sep 4, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:
No one is attacking Kingdom Hearts, me especially, I'm just tired of fanboys spitting out facts that are clearly wrong.

Love Kingdom Hearts all you want but to say that Crash is a poor selling series is kinda hilarious since, as stated, the first three games on the PS1 have sold more than the entire Kingdom Hearts series combined. Kingdom Hearts is a good series but if you honestly thing it has sold more or had more of an impact on the Sony brand you are delusional. That's not saying Sora can't make it into All-Stars, or he doesn't deserve it. He has a chance just like any PlayStation character (Fat Princess made it in, so did Spike and Dan) but to say he deserves it more than Crash or anything of the sorts is foolish.

when did i ever say crash was a poor selling series...??? and thats not true, JJwheatley even just proved it... crash didnt sell as well as you think lol, it was about 19 million i believe he said? Kingdom hearts is about 17 million or something, and that may not be all the games from what i understand, i know my facts. I never once said it was a poor selling series.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 243 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 4, 2012

JJWheatley wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:
No one is attacking Kingdom Hearts, me especially, I'm just tired of fanboys spitting out facts that are clearly wrong.

Love Kingdom Hearts all you want but to say that Crash is a poor selling series is kinda hilarious since, as stated, the first three games on the PS1 have sold more than the entire Kingdom Hearts series combined. Kingdom Hearts is a good series but if you honestly thing it has sold more or had more of an impact on the Sony brand you are delusional. That's not saying Sora can't make it into All-Stars, or he doesn't deserve it. He has a chance just like any PlayStation character (Fat Princess made it in, so did Spike and Dan) but to say he deserves it more than Crash or anything of the sorts is foolish.

I feel that this sums up the thread nicely :smileyhappy: However I guarantee people will still insist on arguing instead of discussing.

i agree:smileytongue: i just dont agree with how hes putting words in my mouth or stuff like that xD

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 243 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Sep 4, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

when did i ever say crash was a poor selling series...??? and thats not true, JJwheatley even just proved it... crash didnt sell as well as you think lol, it was about 19 million i believe he said? Kingdom hearts is about 17 million or something, and that may not be all the games from what i understand, i know my facts. I never once said it was a poor selling series.

NoNoNoNo!! The original three games sold 19 Million, the whole Crash series sold around 50 Million.

JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 243 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 4, 2012

JJWheatley wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

NoNoNoNo!! The original three games sold 19 Million, the whole Crash series sold around 50 Million.

ah xD sorry for the misunderstanding than:smileyhappy: still the original crash trilogy didnt sell as well as people seem to think, ive heard anywhere from "crash was the best selling game on playstation 1" to "crash has sold 10 million copies at the least for each game" XD

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 243 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

Seriously...? Again. READ before you speak. The first three games of the Crash series (ON THE PLAYSTATION ONE) has sold more copies than the ENTIRE Kingdom Hearts series, on every system and handheld, combined.

And how did Crash not sell well? You realize Crash 3 is the 5th best selling game on the Playstation right? It sold 7 million copies while Final Fantasy 7 (the third best selling game) sold a little over 9 million copies. How are you going to say the Crash series isn't as successful as people think?

Wow...

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 243 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 4, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Seriously...? Again. READ before you speak. The first three games of the Crash series (ON THE PLAYSTATION ONE) has sold more copies than the ENTIRE Kingdom Hearts series, on every system and handheld, combined.

And how did Crash not sell well? You realize Crash 3 is the 5th best selling game on the Playstation right? It sold 7 million copies while Final Fantasy 7 (the third best selling game) sold a little over 9 million copies. How are you going to say the Crash series isn't as successful as people think?

Wow...

calm down calm down rofl xD, you need to read what i say obviously, people overexagerate, yes crash is a successful series, people think its more successful than it is though. xD

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 243 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Fail to see how people think its more successful than it is when it's one of the best selling series on the PlayStation. It's pretty much outsold every series that is even represented on All-Stars. Uncharted, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry, God of War... Not one of those series has as many sales as Crash Bandicoot.

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 243 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 4, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Fail to see how people think its more successful than it is when it's one of the best selling series on the PlayStation. It's pretty much outsold every series that is even represented on All-Stars. Uncharted, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry, God of War... Not one of those series has as many sales as Crash Bandicoot.

omg.... *facepalm* some people really need to learn to understand other peoples opinions, this is why this forum is going to hell, do you even understand what i was saying? now im getting annoyed. go read what i said. i said people overexagerate with how successful it is. I said there are people out there who say each game sold 10 million copies, or that its the best selling game on Playstation 1. While it did sell a lot, not one of the games was even in the top 3 i believe. Do you get what im saying now? or do i need to explain in a different way somehow? Seriously, i never said it wasnt succesful or bad or poor selling.

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 243 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 4, 2012
I understand you and I'm saying people think pretty accurately when it's one of the most successful series in PlayStation history, one of the top selling games on the PlayStation, and has more sales than pretty much every other series represented in this game.
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 243 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Sep 4, 2012

The Crash series has gained new fans with each game and each promotion. That is still a lot of years because after the first 3 games, those games still sell years later. KH hasnt had that number of years yet because crash is still selling games.

8 KH games is what this says:

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/33899/kingdom-hearts-timeline#33913

18 games for crash:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_Bandicoot#Games

and look, canccelled games..hmhp i didnt even know about those.

--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 243 (70 Views)
0 Likes