Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: People want Sora more than Crash Bandicoot

Sep 4, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Yeah I did just say Crash sold more than Kingdom Hearts because it did. Crash on the PSX has sold almost 7 million copies, Kingdom Hearts hasn't even broken 6 million. Crash's entire series has sold over 40 million while Kingdom Hearts has yet to reach 20 million... So Crash Bandicoot, on a sales point of view, is far more successful. Crash was also th unofficial mascot for the PS1 and is an iconic series in PlayStation history.

 

Crash is in a league Sora isn't even close to yet.


i didnt say crash wasnt? im saying they are different characters and kingdom hearts has probably sold more than you think... lol, can i see these facts of yours?? at least yours were more realistic than the other guys xD, and i just hope we get both characters in the game



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 61 of 243 (151 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/02/2012
Offline
333 posts
 

Re: People want Sora more than Crash Bandicoot

Sep 4, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

JJWheatley wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Well it's pretty hard to cosplay an anthromophic creature. Pretty easy to spend hundred dollars on a wig and premade costume. And Crash hasn't had a real game in like ten years... His series has still sold more than Kingdom Hearts and he's an actual PlayStation icon, unlike a character who has spent half his series on Nintendo systems and is relevitely new. Which is another reason he's "popular" cuase his games just came out. It's like saying "Well Uncharted is super popular, no one cares about Spyro." Well duh, Uncharted is a huge new series.

 

No one is hating on Sora, this poll is just a stupid means to make a point. It's about as authentic as me asking twenty of my friends if Final Fantasy 7 sucks. Thirteen of them told me it did so it must be true, the people spoke!


lol...not to start a fight, but did you REALLY just say crash has sold more than kingdom hearts? XD why cant we have both characters guys? >.> really these forums are starting to get worse...



Kingdom Hearts sold 17 Million worldwide... Crash has sold 50 Million buddy Smiley Happy


just one game of kingdom hearts or...? because the original crash trilogy didnt sell too well, it was like 5-6 million a copy at most. The newer games of crash sold a lot because people want to experience their past again, kingdom hearts isnt as old lol


The entire KH series sold 17 Million, the original trilogy of Crash, I'm not sure in all honesty. Crash 3 sold around 6 Million copies however, so I assume the overall sales for the three games would be about 11 Million? How many KH games have been released? I'm not aware of the overall franchise?

JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 62 of 243 (151 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: People want Sora more than Crash Bandicoot

Sep 4, 2012

popexplosion2000 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

popexplosion2000 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

JJWheatley wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

popexplosion2000 wrote:

I figured out why Sora sucks.

 

He's just a Final Fantasy character. Everything he can do Cloud and Lightning can do better. The only thing I see him doing differently would be his supers.


whoa!!!! Sora is a final fantasy character? and that makes him suck? my mind was just blown by this guy ^


He means would you want three FF characters with relatively similar moves? Or a unique character? One is fine, I can deal with one of the three and by making sarcastic remarks without understanding a connotation doesn't make you look very clever.


im just confused on when sora became a final fantasy character???? I dont mind having several square reps...they own gex, tomb raider, final fantasy, kingdom hearts, and more. thats a lot of characters that deserve to be "all-stars"


Would you want two characters that play almost exactly the same or two unique characters that are very different from each other?


what do you mean? sword characters can be different and unique. I dont get what you are trying to say at all because it makes no sense. have you played kingdom hearts and final fantasy? they are different in so many ways...


I'm saying that Cloud and Sora have the exact same abilities.


but they dont at all xD and youd know that if you played the games



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 63 of 243 (151 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: People want Sora more than Crash Bandicoot

Sep 4, 2012

JJWheatley wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

JJWheatley wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Well it's pretty hard to cosplay an anthromophic creature. Pretty easy to spend hundred dollars on a wig and premade costume. And Crash hasn't had a real game in like ten years... His series has still sold more than Kingdom Hearts and he's an actual PlayStation icon, unlike a character who has spent half his series on Nintendo systems and is relevitely new. Which is another reason he's "popular" cuase his games just came out. It's like saying "Well Uncharted is super popular, no one cares about Spyro." Well duh, Uncharted is a huge new series.

 

No one is hating on Sora, this poll is just a stupid means to make a point. It's about as authentic as me asking twenty of my friends if Final Fantasy 7 sucks. Thirteen of them told me it did so it must be true, the people spoke!


lol...not to start a fight, but did you REALLY just say crash has sold more than kingdom hearts? XD why cant we have both characters guys? >.> really these forums are starting to get worse...



Kingdom Hearts sold 17 Million worldwide... Crash has sold 50 Million buddy Smiley Happy


just one game of kingdom hearts or...? because the original crash trilogy didnt sell too well, it was like 5-6 million a copy at most. The newer games of crash sold a lot because people want to experience their past again, kingdom hearts isnt as old lol


The entire KH series sold 17 Million, the original trilogy of Crash, I'm not sure in all honesty. Crash 3 sold around 6 Million copies however, so I assume the overall sales for the three games would be about 11 Million? How many KH games have been released? I'm not aware of the overall franchise?


eh about the same number of crash games, theres several for nintendo consoles and the psp and all xD



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 64 of 243 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/22/2006
Offline
4226 posts
 

Re: People want Sora more than Crash Bandicoot

Sep 4, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Yeah I did just say Crash sold more than Kingdom Hearts because it did. Crash on the PSX has sold almost 7 million copies, Kingdom Hearts hasn't even broken 6 million. Crash's entire series has sold over 40 million while Kingdom Hearts has yet to reach 20 million... So Crash Bandicoot, on a sales point of view, is far more successful. Crash was also th unofficial mascot for the PS1 and is an iconic series in PlayStation history.

 

Crash is in a league Sora isn't even close to yet.


While you are right, I dont think you went all the way with the math.

 

1.Crash is an older series (year count)

 

2.Crash has more games+ different genres, even a mario marty type game (game count+genre count)

 

Not asking for anyone to bother the math and numbers, it would be fun to know though.

 

It's just a matter of which character is more popular. Some of you are right too, this is a small section in comparison right here. Like another forum member said, S-E has quite a few titles. FF and KH. I'm more nervous if they have to deside between KH and FF than anything. Naughty dog has 3 reps if crash is in. S-E should have the oppertunity to do that as well with FF,KH, and Gex (or who ever you prefer)

 

 

http://www.playstation4dreams.com

http://www.youtube.com/SubtenkoGaming
http://www.facebook.com/Subtenko

Best gaming moments with people like you everyday! Gta V Online, H1Z1, The Forest, & More.

Steam: Subtenko
Message 65 of 243 (144 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/04/2008
Offline
460 posts
 

Re: People want Sora more than Crash Bandicoot

Sep 4, 2012

It's funny you say "Crash didn't too well" cause it sold around 5-6 million yet only two of the Kingdom Hearts games even made it close to six million while every other game had trouble making it past one million. The first three Crash Bandicoot games on the PS1 pretty much sold more than the entire Kingdom Hearts series combined.

 

You can love Kingdom Hearts all you want but get your facts sorted out. Crash is a far more successful series, commercially and critically, than Kingdom Hearts is.

Message 66 of 243 (144 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/02/2012
Offline
333 posts
 

Re: People want Sora more than Crash Bandicoot

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

JJWheatley wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

JJWheatley wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Well it's pretty hard to cosplay an anthromophic creature. Pretty easy to spend hundred dollars on a wig and premade costume. And Crash hasn't had a real game in like ten years... His series has still sold more than Kingdom Hearts and he's an actual PlayStation icon, unlike a character who has spent half his series on Nintendo systems and is relevitely new. Which is another reason he's "popular" cuase his games just came out. It's like saying "Well Uncharted is super popular, no one cares about Spyro." Well duh, Uncharted is a huge new series.

 

No one is hating on Sora, this poll is just a stupid means to make a point. It's about as authentic as me asking twenty of my friends if Final Fantasy 7 sucks. Thirteen of them told me it did so it must be true, the people spoke!


lol...not to start a fight, but did you REALLY just say crash has sold more than kingdom hearts? XD why cant we have both characters guys? >.> really these forums are starting to get worse...



Kingdom Hearts sold 17 Million worldwide... Crash has sold 50 Million buddy Smiley Happy


just one game of kingdom hearts or...? because the original crash trilogy didnt sell too well, it was like 5-6 million a copy at most. The newer games of crash sold a lot because people want to experience their past again, kingdom hearts isnt as old lol


The entire KH series sold 17 Million, the original trilogy of Crash, I'm not sure in all honesty. Crash 3 sold around 6 Million copies however, so I assume the overall sales for the three games would be about 11 Million? How many KH games have been released? I'm not aware of the overall franchise?


Okay I just found out that the original Crash trilogy sold around 19 Million. My math is a bit rough but the three games did sell very well.

 

EDIT: Got my math wrong sorry guys.

JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 67 of 243 (144 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: People want Sora more than Crash Bandicoot

Sep 4, 2012

popexplosion2000 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

JJWheatley wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Well it's pretty hard to cosplay an anthromophic creature. Pretty easy to spend hundred dollars on a wig and premade costume. And Crash hasn't had a real game in like ten years... His series has still sold more than Kingdom Hearts and he's an actual PlayStation icon, unlike a character who has spent half his series on Nintendo systems and is relevitely new. Which is another reason he's "popular" cuase his games just came out. It's like saying "Well Uncharted is super popular, no one cares about Spyro." Well duh, Uncharted is a huge new series.

 

No one is hating on Sora, this poll is just a stupid means to make a point. It's about as authentic as me asking twenty of my friends if Final Fantasy 7 sucks. Thirteen of them told me it did so it must be true, the people spoke!


lol...not to start a fight, but did you REALLY just say crash has sold more than kingdom hearts? XD why cant we have both characters guys? >.> really these forums are starting to get worse...



Kingdom Hearts sold 17 Million worldwide... Crash has sold 50 Million buddy Smiley Happy


just one game of kingdom hearts or...? because the original crash trilogy didnt sell too well, it was like 5-6 million a copy at most. The newer games of crash sold a lot because people want to experience their past again, kingdom hearts isnt as old lol


No, the original Crash games sold iincredibly well. Why do you think they made sequels?


*facepalm* i just looked it up, the crash games sold 5-6 million at most, theres tons of things that will tell you that, 1 million in sales is pretty good for a game.



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 68 of 243 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/20/2012
Offline
615 posts
 

Re: People want Sora more than Crash Bandicoot

Sep 4, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

popexplosion2000 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

popexplosion2000 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

JJWheatley wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

popexplosion2000 wrote:

I figured out why Sora sucks.

 

He's just a Final Fantasy character. Everything he can do Cloud and Lightning can do better. The only thing I see him doing differently would be his supers.


whoa!!!! Sora is a final fantasy character? and that makes him suck? my mind was just blown by this guy ^


He means would you want three FF characters with relatively similar moves? Or a unique character? One is fine, I can deal with one of the three and by making sarcastic remarks without understanding a connotation doesn't make you look very clever.


im just confused on when sora became a final fantasy character???? I dont mind having several square reps...they own gex, tomb raider, final fantasy, kingdom hearts, and more. thats a lot of characters that deserve to be "all-stars"


Would you want two characters that play almost exactly the same or two unique characters that are very different from each other?


what do you mean? sword characters can be different and unique. I dont get what you are trying to say at all because it makes no sense. have you played kingdom hearts and final fantasy? they are different in so many ways...


I'm saying that Cloud and Sora have the exact same abilities.


but they dont at all xD and youd know that if you played the games


I have. The only difference is that you can control Sora.

Message 69 of 243 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: People want Sora more than Crash Bandicoot

Sep 4, 2012

Subtenko wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Yeah I did just say Crash sold more than Kingdom Hearts because it did. Crash on the PSX has sold almost 7 million copies, Kingdom Hearts hasn't even broken 6 million. Crash's entire series has sold over 40 million while Kingdom Hearts has yet to reach 20 million... So Crash Bandicoot, on a sales point of view, is far more successful. Crash was also th unofficial mascot for the PS1 and is an iconic series in PlayStation history.

 

Crash is in a league Sora isn't even close to yet.


While you are right, I dont think you went all the way with the math.

 

1.Crash is an older series (year count)

 

2.Crash has more games+ different genres, even a mario marty type game (game count+genre count)

 

Not asking for anyone to bother the math and numbers, it would be fun to know though.

 

It's just a matter of which character is more popular. Some of you are right too, this is a small section in comparison right here. Like another forum member said, S-E has quite a few titles. FF and KH. I'm more nervous if they have to deside between KH and FF than anything. Naughty dog has 3 reps if crash is in. S-E should have the oppertunity to do that as well with FF,KH, and Gex (or who ever you prefer)

 

 


thank youSmiley Happy i prefer lara croft somewhat more over gex, she also has a new game coming out so theres more of a chance, and may drag more people in than gex? idk xD



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 70 of 243 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes