333 posts

Re: People want Sora more than Crash Bandicoot

Sep 4, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

JJWheatley wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

popexplosion2000 wrote:

I figured out why Sora sucks.

He's just a Final Fantasy character. Everything he can do Cloud and Lightning can do better. The only thing I see him doing differently would be his supers.

whoa!!!! Sora is a final fantasy character? and that makes him suck? my mind was just blown by this guy ^

He means would you want three FF characters with relatively similar moves? Or a unique character? One is fine, I can deal with one of the three and by making sarcastic remarks without understanding a connotation doesn't make you look very clever.

im just confused on when sora became a final fantasy character???? I dont mind having several square reps...they own gex, tomb raider, final fantasy, kingdom hearts, and more. thats a lot of characters that deserve to be "all-stars"

Well the general style of the characters are almost identical gameplay wise and having both of them in the initial release would be pointless also it would seem like they would be almost clone like, a bit like Captain Falcon and Ganondorf, although they have small differences it wouldn't be versatile enough. Once again I'm sure he didn't mean it literally, guess it was just a jab at Enix.

JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 243 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Sep 4, 2012

JJWheatley wrote:

popexplosion2000 wrote:

He's just a Final Fantasy character. Everything he can do Cloud and Lightning can do better. The only thing I see him doing differently would be his supers.

Finally, someone gets it

Oh come on! Final Fantasy alone doesn't have the disney influence and KH has its own story. Since you broguth up FF though, I wouldnt not mind Cloud of Lightning because hey, its final fantasy and they are also in the JRPG genre. KH brings that out too but with other elements.

We need some rpg chracters and thats probably another reason why Sora is picked since Cloud or Lightning is not even on that particular list. I think Sora is a good pick to represent that style anyway though.

Disney has done partnerships with Sony in titles like LBP. Then Epic Mickey 2 is coming out if Im not mistaken. That would give a little shoutout to Disneys recent work right? As a move, minion, or something in the level.

Still, personally out of Folkflore, Finalfantasy, and KH., Id go with Sora. That's just me though since Im not to big on RPG besides nintendos Golden Sun series (I was hooked somehow to those GBA games. The graphics were pretty fun!)

--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 243 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Sep 4, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Well it's pretty hard to cosplay an anthromophic creature. Pretty easy to spend hundred dollars on a wig and premade costume. And Crash hasn't had a real game in like ten years... His series has still sold more than Kingdom Hearts and he's an actual PlayStation icon, unlike a character who has spent half his series on Nintendo systems and is relevitely new. Which is another reason he's "popular" cuase his games just came out. It's like saying "Well Uncharted is super popular, no one cares about Spyro." Well duh, Uncharted is a huge new series.

No one is hating on Sora, this poll is just a stupid means to make a point. It's about as authentic as me asking twenty of my friends if Final Fantasy 7 sucks. Thirteen of them told me it did so it must be true, the people spoke!

lol...not to start a fight, but did you REALLY just say crash has sold more than kingdom hearts? XD why cant we have both characters guys? >.> really these forums are starting to get worse...

Kingdom Hearts sold 17 Million worldwide... Crash has sold 50 Million buddy :smileyhappy:

JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 243 (121 Views)
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Yeah I did just say Crash sold more than Kingdom Hearts because it did. Crash on the PSX has sold almost 7 million copies, Kingdom Hearts hasn't even broken 6 million. Crash's entire series has sold over 40 million while Kingdom Hearts has yet to reach 20 million... So Crash Bandicoot, on a sales point of view, is far more successful. Crash was also th unofficial mascot for the PS1 and is an iconic series in PlayStation history.

Crash is in a league Sora isn't even close to yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 243 (115 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Sep 4, 2012
I don't think people realise that in his prime Crash was being compared to Mario, no other video game character, apart from Sonic, can claim that.
JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 243 (111 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 4, 2012

popexplosion2000 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

JJWheatley wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

popexplosion2000 wrote:

whoa!!!! Sora is a final fantasy character? and that makes him suck? my mind was just blown by this guy ^

He means would you want three FF characters with relatively similar moves? Or a unique character? One is fine, I can deal with one of the three and by making sarcastic remarks without understanding a connotation doesn't make you look very clever.

im just confused on when sora became a final fantasy character???? I dont mind having several square reps...they own gex, tomb raider, final fantasy, kingdom hearts, and more. thats a lot of characters that deserve to be "all-stars"

Would you want two characters that play almost exactly the same or two unique characters that are very different from each other?

what do you mean? sword characters can be different and unique. I dont get what you are trying to say at all because it makes no sense. have you played kingdom hearts and final fantasy? they are different in so many ways...

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 243 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
615 posts

Sep 4, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

popexplosion2000 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

JJWheatley wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

popexplosion2000 wrote:

Would you want two characters that play almost exactly the same or two unique characters that are very different from each other?

what do you mean? sword characters can be different and unique. I dont get what you are trying to say at all because it makes no sense. have you played kingdom hearts and final fantasy? they are different in so many ways...

I'm saying that Cloud and Sora have the exact same abilities.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 243 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 4, 2012

JJWheatley wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Well it's pretty hard to cosplay an anthromophic creature. Pretty easy to spend hundred dollars on a wig and premade costume. And Crash hasn't had a real game in like ten years... His series has still sold more than Kingdom Hearts and he's an actual PlayStation icon, unlike a character who has spent half his series on Nintendo systems and is relevitely new. Which is another reason he's "popular" cuase his games just came out. It's like saying "Well Uncharted is super popular, no one cares about Spyro." Well duh, Uncharted is a huge new series.

No one is hating on Sora, this poll is just a stupid means to make a point. It's about as authentic as me asking twenty of my friends if Final Fantasy 7 sucks. Thirteen of them told me it did so it must be true, the people spoke!

lol...not to start a fight, but did you REALLY just say crash has sold more than kingdom hearts? XD why cant we have both characters guys? >.> really these forums are starting to get worse...

Kingdom Hearts sold 17 Million worldwide... Crash has sold 50 Million buddy :smileyhappy:

just one game of kingdom hearts or...? because the original crash trilogy didnt sell too well, it was like 5-6 million a copy at most. The newer games of crash sold a lot because people want to experience their past again, kingdom hearts isnt as old lol

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 243 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Sep 4, 2012
Yeah.. Im glad there are no Crash cosplayers. Its bad enough to see what some furries have done with Crash fanart..
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 243 (99 Views)
Wastelander
615 posts

Sep 4, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

JJWheatley wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

just one game of kingdom hearts or...? because the original crash trilogy didnt sell too well, it was like 5-6 million a copy at most. The newer games of crash sold a lot because people want to experience their past again, kingdom hearts isnt as old lol

No, the original Crash games sold iincredibly well. Why do you think they made sequels?

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 243 (98 Views)