Wastelander
579 posts

Re: People think they're entitled to something...

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

Ari_Ownx wrote:

kupomogli wrote:

As someone else mentioned, we purchased the game, we have a right to complain about the issues.  There has only been one patch released since the launch of this game.  I say one, because technically there is only one.

There was a day one patch which doesn't count.  Then there was the 1.02 patch which wouldn't allow people to play online so there was a 1.03 patch to fix that.  So since the 1.03 patch was to fix a problem with the 1.02 patch, I wouldn't say that counts either. 

Patch 1.02 brought on the problem we've been having all month long.  Play 2v2 with someone and you're probably going to get kicked out of literally every single game.  This has been almost a month of complaints about this issue and it still hasn't been resolved.  There has been complaints last month and this month about people losing their belts, and it still hasn't been resolved. 

I've mentioned this during the beta, but I'll mention it again.  You guys remember Twisted Metal.  First party exclusive.  Amazing game.  Except for the fact that the online didn't work, or rather, it worked amazingly well, except for the fact that you couldn't get in a match.  Try getting in a match while partied up and it was near impossible for you all to get in.

You know how long it was before the first patch(day one, but aside from that?)  A month.  It wasn't until two months later that they patched it again.  TWO MONTHS!!  The entire community except the most dedicated of the fanbase were still they.  I came back and it still had online problems.  Took quite awhile to get in a match.  When you did get in a game, as I've said, these people are the more dedicated Twisted Metal fanbase.  It's like those pro Call of Duty players who do nothing but play the same game, know every technique, perfected how to play.  Those were the only people on there..  So a couple months ago I found out that it received one more patch.  So about three more months for another patch, this one mentioning that it fixed other problems and made online better.  So I went on and tried it out and got in a match in one try.  Finally they fixed it.  Unfortunately, there were three games open so the community is all but gone.  It was Sunday at 9PM and I ended up checking the weekly leaderboards and was amazed at what I saw.  Every person at the top of the leaderboards had 10+ hours already, an example, and the highest time on there I saw, was 0 days, 16 hours.  That means the person was in game since 5AM.

So anyways.  Twisted Metal's community was killed because the developers didn't do crap to fix the problems with the game.  It actually took about six months to fix and by then the community was gone.

Instead of doing the same thing, SuperBot could fix the problems that need fixing.  Kicking people out in 2v2, the game's freezing during stage introductions, not acquiring titles after the end of a season, removing quit game from ranked battles so people can't rage quit, somehow make it possible to track and temporarily ban people who repeatedly rage quit using other means if they do remove the quit option from the menu.

Call of Duty gets bashed all the time just for being Call of Duty.   One thing that can be said is that Activision actually listens to their fanbase when people complain about bugs on Call of Duty titles.  The original Black Ops supposedly had so many gamebreaking bugs on the PS3 and 360 that were all fixed within a month from release.  There were still other issues, but they were patched as well.  Modern Warfare 3, something I've only played at a friends was playable since day one with no major issues, but supposedly there were bugs, and Activisioin updated any issues that people had quickly.

EA has put out some of the best games this gen, in developer interviews is constantly praised by their own developers and third party developers that don't belong to EA how they give them more than enough funding as well as a huge amount of freedom for their games.  Most people ride the EA hate train because everyone else is on it when most of you don't know why some people actually hate on EA.  PC gamers back in the day liked games such as Ultima and Command and Conquer.  Both of those developers were bought by EA, and if you ask me, they probably lasted longer with EA than they would have otherwise.  Anyways.  Origins Systems was closed down and Westwood merged and renamed.  People complain about the yearly sports titles, but all EA has had for the past several years was yearly football titles and a yearly Need For Speed, which for the past four years has had two year development cycles(two year NFS from Blackbox.  two year NFS from Criterion.) 

Hate is thrown randomly at developers/publishers as developers who actually deserve to be called out on.  Eat Sleep Play and SuperBot, have fanboys that drop to their knees and suck the big one, while developers/publishers like Activision and EA are hard at work either making sure their games are working for their fanbase and/or creating other high rated games get bashed because it's what the cool kids do.

"Mad"

PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 31 of 46 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Jan 2, 2013

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

khknight wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

khknight is right. It's not like this game was developed by a handful of people, they have hundreds of hands working on it. Even with all those people, this game is still riddled with bugs and it's pathetic how Superbot refuses to fix anything. Seriously, why are the titles still not available? They had all of December to fix them after the November ones didn't work.

Actually, no, t hat's completely wrong.  SuperBot had just over 50 employees, and SSM only helped minisculely with testing and such outside of Killian.  Bluepoint really only made the Vita version alongside the PS3 version and didn't make any changes.  Compare that to the 400 people that worked on Brawl, and you'll notice the difference that 350 more on-hand employees makes immediately (albeit not in the balance department).

Second, they never refused to fix anything.  It's pretty obvious that they're waiting for the DLC to launch to put out a patch, because that's what literally every developer does when they've got DLC in the can.  

Lastly, the titles were addressed; they extended the season because they were having trouble getting titles to register due to some faulty netcode, last I heard, and even then many people still got titles.

I'm not sure about you, but I'm glad SuperBot is taking its time with patching.  If they listened to the horrible beliefs of fans and immediately went after every problem only after little to no evaluation time, we'd have a broken mess a la Uncharted's multiplayer component.  Remember this quote: Hasty reactions are overreactions.

Actually, EatSleepPlay(twisted metal developers) had only 35 employees and they got more patches and balances out faster than SB.

So I think your arguement is flawed.

When did Twisted Metal get free vehicle (AKA character) DLC?  And when was it a fighting game that takes more time to actually balance than pretty much any other genre (besides possibly FPS)?

Your move.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Twisted Metal also only got three patches out in a month (comparable to SuperBot's two), all of which addressed the literally-unplayable online (last I checked SuperBot fixed that in two).  So yeah, that comparison holds even less merit when those "faster" patches weren't effective.

Twiste metal is similar to a fighting game, hell, david jaffe calls it a fighting game all the time.  Theres a big roster of vehicles each with a different playstyle, stats and special and there a lot of different things  to balance. Theres also the different weapons that each vehicle can use which also requires some kind of balance. As for point on dlc, ESP gave away their pre order only vehcile for FREE. While sb decided to sell the costumes for 15 bucks and that is not even counting the 3rd party characters.

and your arguement about the online? Open your eyes man, PSASBR is just laggy and unplayable as twisted metal was. constant disconects, input lag, teleporting and ton of other issues plague this game. The online stability was the only real problem tm had.

Message 32 of 46 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jan 2, 2013

kupomogli wrote:

Hate is thrown randomly at developers/publishers as developers who actually deserve to be called out on.  Eat Sleep Play and SuperBot, have fanboys that drop to their knees and suck the big one, while developers/publishers like Activision and EA are hard at work either making sure their games are working for their fanbase and/or creating other high rated games get bashed because it's what the cool kids do.

I have to say, this statement is kind of true. Just because its a first party Sony game doesnt mean we have to agree with EVERYTHING they do. I've seen people bashed here just for giving their opinions, though some are just trolls.

Message 33 of 46 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 2, 2013
Its a good game but its kinda barebone with the content.
Message 34 of 46 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
842 posts

Jan 2, 2013
The only problem that people have mentioned here that I've experienced (Other than the occasional lag) is not getting my titles. But, hey, that's been addressed.

Oh, and another thing:

Quality > Quantity.
Message 35 of 46 (100 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Jan 2, 2013
^This
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 36 of 46 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Jan 2, 2013
btw knight...my online hasn't been laggy or unplayable...wanna know unplayable? not being able to move your character at all...basically like all controls are disabled...that is unplayable, so don't call something unplayable unless its something like that...even if online doesn't work for you, there is still offline, so how is it unplayable???
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 37 of 46 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
btw knight...my online hasn't been laggy or unplayable...wanna know unplayable? not being able to move your character at all...basically like all controls are disabled...that is unplayable, so don't call something unplayable unless its something like that...even if online doesn't work for you, there is still offline, so how is it unplayable???

you know what talking about man, the **bleep** that happens to everyone. The diconnects, it happens to everyone, the lag, it happens to everyone, the glitches, it happens to everyone. All this **bleep** combined kills th game, epecially ranked match.

dont even say or pretend like none of this crap happens to you on a usuall basis. 

Message 38 of 46 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jan 2, 2013

You guys do realise that December has Christmas in it.

I'm not saying "Kiss their feet because they made a good game." No. What I'm saying is that they probably didn't do any patches for the game yet because they have kids with wants.

I mean if I was suppose to be working on a patch for a game I wouldn't do it on the month of Christmas because I wouldn't want my child to *bleep* and complain that they didn't get what they want and then hear my wife *bleep* and complain that I am a poor father.

Yes there are things in the game that needs to be fixed but they need time to fix.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You forgot to take the safety off, rookie.
Message 39 of 46 (66 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Jan 2, 2013
knight...it really doesn't, occasionally yed, but not every single time...even when it does, it doesn't necessarily bother me...i don't think it is unplayable...it isn't unplayable...if your game is being bad well sorry for you then...but you can't call a game unplayable unless you literally cannot move your character AT ALL
Message 40 of 46 (64 Views)
0 Likes