Reply
Survivor
Registered: 01/24/2009
Offline
2858 posts
 

Re: People on here should be a lot more appreciative.

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

KingDustero wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

KingDustero wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:
"Just look at the majority of the threads on here. There are for the most part either suggesting something for the game (which is pointless at this point in development) or complaining about something that is in. There is almost no discussion at all in a positive way about what has already been confirmed in the game. I never said everyone one on here was being ungrateful, but the majority are. People need to just chill for a while and stop being all about themselves and their wants. I've lurked these forums for a while now and have never really felt like posting since most threads are either about suggesting things or complaining about what has been confirmed. I'm glad to see that you appreciate them. Also cool that you're striving to get into the game industry. I'm going to start take classes this fall and am going to work towards that same goal. However I would like to start up my own company myself and get in that way."

Just saying though, just because not every single post says 'Thank you" in the title, doesn't mean we're not appreciative.

I'm not saying that at all.  What I find annoying is that pretty much everything that is confirmed is basically not discussed at all.  The majority seem to just care about wanting stuff that isn't there yet or may never be.  It seems like almost no one cares to actually talk about the facts on here.  Maybe that is how this forum is.  Maybe the majority just want to know everything about the game so they're just going to keep speculating until the game is out.  Even then they may continue to just talk about DLC and ignore discussing what they have.  It may just be me, but I find it pointless to just speculate.  Why not try to analyze what we have?  I haven't seen a single thread that has tried to piece together a character's moveset and try to find possible combos already.  There's been a lot of footage from E3 and other events, yet it seems like no one has tried to find any possible secrets that are right in front of us.


Honestly you've brought more negativity in a matter of a dozen or less posts then most of the people in this forum. We do discuss what is confirmed. But the amount of threads being created by new and excited forum members causes these threads to disappear. Organization isn't this forums strong suit but it's not horrible. A few members care enough to remind people and try to direct them in the right track.

 

We speculate over everything, that's the purpose we've chosen to go with. We also talk about what we know but once you know something, what's to really dig into? There's been plenty of threads showing what they think the moves will be. Plenty. And finding secrets is second nature to this community. When there's a hint everyone goes into a frenzy.

 

 



I'm sorry if me being realistic is negative to you.  The constant discussion about Crash is just annoying.  I am biased about it since I do hate him, but still no character needs to be discussed in almost a fourth of the threads on here.  The facts point towards him not being in the game.  Maybe those who want him will get lucky and he somehow gets in.  Good for them then.  However I'm tired seing all the discussion about him.  

 

I can agree on the orgization.  It is terrible and having so many speculating threads on here just kicks any other topic into the second page and beyond, which is a place that is never looked out.  

 

You say all that in your last paragraph, but where is all the discussion about Cole and Jak now?  I find it funny.  They were both talked about and suggested a lot before their reveal.  Now not even a week later and there isn't a single thread talking about them at all on the front page.  Just proves that the majority on here really don't care about talking about what we actually know and try to find out what else can actually be learned.


So you criticize peoples desire to know more? Yet only if it isn't towards something we know for sure. Essentially, we need to stop thinking about possibilities that might not happen and dig into what we know...Well we can do that. However, the guessing game is a part of life. We speculate and feed ourselves information. We strive for hints and make wish lists. Find images and make jokes from time to time. When we know something we will discuss it. But then it's on to the next plausible solution. We're trying to figure out reveals prior to the actual reveal.

 

Why aren't we discussing what we already know? Simple. Because we know it. There's nothing to discuss. What are all of the movesets? Some people have made threads about it. But for the most part that's what playing the game will be for.

 

Yes there's a lot of Crash threads. But don't point a finger at the community when a few new posters are excited. They want to talk so they talk. We tell them the thread already exists and then it dies off fairly soon. There's no moderator or option to lock it. So that's how it's being handled.

 

If anything you are just being judgmental. You could always make a thread about striving to figure something out and then someone will reply. That's the point of a forum. You don't find something you want? Make a thread about it. And one last point. I do think you are being negative. Realism doesn't mean it isn't negative. I've looked at a few of your posts and hardly any of them have been positive. Points sure, but you also merge your own opinion into them. Such as your view of FP. She's your punching bag unless Crash is confirmed. Alright, how does that strive to dig into something? That's a simple opinion. I don't see any appreciation in that. But we aren't saying you don't appreciate everything else.

 

I'm being realistic right now when I'm telling you. This is the forum, these are the people and the way things are being discussed has worked and has been this way since the first few posters said hello to one another. And again if you want to discuss something we already know and dig deeper. Make a thread. People will reply. Heck I'd reply if it was interesting enough.



Honestly we could go back and forth about this all night, however I'm just going to end it here.  I merely wanted to say something and discuss my views on something.  I'm fine if you don't agree with them or see things differently.  I'm not going to sit here and argue anymore.  It is just pointless in the end.

 


MrEpic1 wrote:

I only had the first Jak and Daxter..  I never beat it though.. It was so much fun though Smiley Happy

 

But I think they kinda put a Ratchet kind of thing into Jak..


 Yeah I see where you're coming from there.  However I've never played a Jak and Daxter game, so I have a single clue as to what Jak's character actually is.  I've always assumed that Jak and Daxter and Rachet and Clank are both very similar, so I'm not surprised that I see a Rachet vibe when watching Jak's gameplay.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 41 of 45 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/05/2007
Offline
2671 posts
 

Re: People on here should be a lot more appreciative.

Jul 20, 2012

KingDustero wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

KingDustero wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

KingDustero wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:
"Just look at the majority of the threads on here. There are for the most part either suggesting something for the game (which is pointless at this point in development) or complaining about something that is in. There is almost no discussion at all in a positive way about what has already been confirmed in the game. I never said everyone one on here was being ungrateful, but the majority are. People need to just chill for a while and stop being all about themselves and their wants. I've lurked these forums for a while now and have never really felt like posting since most threads are either about suggesting things or complaining about what has been confirmed. I'm glad to see that you appreciate them. Also cool that you're striving to get into the game industry. I'm going to start take classes this fall and am going to work towards that same goal. However I would like to start up my own company myself and get in that way."

Just saying though, just because not every single post says 'Thank you" in the title, doesn't mean we're not appreciative.

I'm not saying that at all.  What I find annoying is that pretty much everything that is confirmed is basically not discussed at all.  The majority seem to just care about wanting stuff that isn't there yet or may never be.  It seems like almost no one cares to actually talk about the facts on here.  Maybe that is how this forum is.  Maybe the majority just want to know everything about the game so they're just going to keep speculating until the game is out.  Even then they may continue to just talk about DLC and ignore discussing what they have.  It may just be me, but I find it pointless to just speculate.  Why not try to analyze what we have?  I haven't seen a single thread that has tried to piece together a character's moveset and try to find possible combos already.  There's been a lot of footage from E3 and other events, yet it seems like no one has tried to find any possible secrets that are right in front of us.


Honestly you've brought more negativity in a matter of a dozen or less posts then most of the people in this forum. We do discuss what is confirmed. But the amount of threads being created by new and excited forum members causes these threads to disappear. Organization isn't this forums strong suit but it's not horrible. A few members care enough to remind people and try to direct them in the right track.

 

We speculate over everything, that's the purpose we've chosen to go with. We also talk about what we know but once you know something, what's to really dig into? There's been plenty of threads showing what they think the moves will be. Plenty. And finding secrets is second nature to this community. When there's a hint everyone goes into a frenzy.

 

 



I'm sorry if me being realistic is negative to you.  The constant discussion about Crash is just annoying.  I am biased about it since I do hate him, but still no character needs to be discussed in almost a fourth of the threads on here.  The facts point towards him not being in the game.  Maybe those who want him will get lucky and he somehow gets in.  Good for them then.  However I'm tired seing all the discussion about him.  

 

I can agree on the orgization.  It is terrible and having so many speculating threads on here just kicks any other topic into the second page and beyond, which is a place that is never looked out.  

 

You say all that in your last paragraph, but where is all the discussion about Cole and Jak now?  I find it funny.  They were both talked about and suggested a lot before their reveal.  Now not even a week later and there isn't a single thread talking about them at all on the front page.  Just proves that the majority on here really don't care about talking about what we actually know and try to find out what else can actually be learned.


So you criticize peoples desire to know more? Yet only if it isn't towards something we know for sure. Essentially, we need to stop thinking about possibilities that might not happen and dig into what we know...Well we can do that. However, the guessing game is a part of life. We speculate and feed ourselves information. We strive for hints and make wish lists. Find images and make jokes from time to time. When we know something we will discuss it. But then it's on to the next plausible solution. We're trying to figure out reveals prior to the actual reveal.

 

Why aren't we discussing what we already know? Simple. Because we know it. There's nothing to discuss. What are all of the movesets? Some people have made threads about it. But for the most part that's what playing the game will be for.

 

Yes there's a lot of Crash threads. But don't point a finger at the community when a few new posters are excited. They want to talk so they talk. We tell them the thread already exists and then it dies off fairly soon. There's no moderator or option to lock it. So that's how it's being handled.

 

If anything you are just being judgmental. You could always make a thread about striving to figure something out and then someone will reply. That's the point of a forum. You don't find something you want? Make a thread about it. And one last point. I do think you are being negative. Realism doesn't mean it isn't negative. I've looked at a few of your posts and hardly any of them have been positive. Points sure, but you also merge your own opinion into them. Such as your view of FP. She's your punching bag unless Crash is confirmed. Alright, how does that strive to dig into something? That's a simple opinion. I don't see any appreciation in that. But we aren't saying you don't appreciate everything else.

 

I'm being realistic right now when I'm telling you. This is the forum, these are the people and the way things are being discussed has worked and has been this way since the first few posters said hello to one another. And again if you want to discuss something we already know and dig deeper. Make a thread. People will reply. Heck I'd reply if it was interesting enough.



Honestly we could go back and forth about this all night, however I'm just going to end it here.  I merely wanted to say something and discuss my views on something.  I'm fine if you don't agree with them or see things differently.  I'm not going to sit here and argue anymore.  It is just pointless in the end.


That's fine. I'm just not a fan of seeing someone give one side of the argument and then just brush off the obvious responses that do show admiration. What you are looking for isn't a main thing but can become one. A few people just need to make it that way. And one person from the looks of it has already started a thread asking people who they like the most out of who's been announced.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 42 of 45 (52 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/11/2012
Offline
271 posts
 

Re: People on here should be a lot more appreciative.

Jul 20, 2012

Thirty, lol im doing no drugs in my life XD. Im just into gaming and computers, Thats it lol.

Message 43 of 45 (42 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 01/24/2009
Offline
2858 posts
 

Re: People on here should be a lot more appreciative.

Jul 20, 2012

SPARTANMANHERO23 wrote:

Thirty, lol im doing no drugs in my life XD. Im just into gaming and computers, Thats it lol.


Notice how he doesn't say no to drinking though....Smiley Tongue

 

Stick with that though.  Be sure to not let friends or girlfriend/boyfriend (don't know what sex you are, assuming guy though) influence you.  I've lost many friends throughtout high school and people I used to be close to due to their choices with drugs and other things.  You have to just be better than them and leave them behind.  You can't give up everything for no one.  In the end you have to look out for yourself and do what is best for you first.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 44 of 45 (39 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/17/2012
Offline
5693 posts
 

Re: People on here should be a lot more appreciative.

Jul 20, 2012
Spartan!

Good man! :]
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 45 of 45 (37 Views)
Reply
0 Likes