Jul 20 2012
By: KingDustero Survivor 2858 posts

People on here should be a lot more appreciative.

44 replies 228 views Edited Jul 20, 2012

I find it amazing how basically no one on here is thanking SuperBot for undertaking such a hard project.  A game that mashes up the characters from across Sony's many IPs has been wanted for a while.  It is a dream game for a lot of PlayStation fans.  However doing it is not an easy task.  People have grown to love many characters over the years.  However it is just impossible to include every character that has ever come out.  If SB added every character that has been suggested then the game would never come out.  I think people need to chill on the characters suggestions and focus on those who we already know are in.  At this point the final roster is set in stone.  There will be no more characters added.  No matter how popular a suggestion is, if it isn't in the game now then it won't be at launch.  Sure there'll for sure be DLC, however at this point they won't be focusing on that.  There will be more than enough time to suggest characters after the game has launched.  Then SB can actually do something from suggestions.

I don't think a lot of you realize how much risk the guys at SB are taking.  They were put together to solely make All Stars.  If this game fails then they go down with it.  Making a game that retains the essence from so many characters from different IPs isn't an easy thing.  On top of that they have to creating a game that everyone can easily pick up and play, but also have the depth that will keep the hardcore playing for years.  

So I think people on here should thank everyone at SuperBot and appreciate them taking on such a difficult project.  I have been a fan of the game like Playstation All Stars for years.  SSBB is easily my most favorite game from Nintendo ever and I'm glad to see a similar game on my preferred console.  There are so many great IPs from Sony with amazing characters that I've grown to love over the years.  To be able to use my most favorite characters in a Smash Bros. like game is a dream come true and I thank everyone at SuperBot for making it a reality.  

Sincerely, 

Nick

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 1 of 45 (228 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

Re: People on here should be a lot more appreciative.

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

How dare you to assume we've never thanked SuperBot for this game. I've practically been kissing their feet since it was announced. In fact, this is the one reason why I got into Sony in the first place and decided to buy a PS3 and get into series like Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, etc. I realize that it must have been hard getting the rights for characters, all the days spent programming, advertising costs, constant appearances, interviews, reputation, etc. so I can understand why you would thank them. But at least I have shown both my respect and admiration, especially since I want to get into video game developing. I don't mean to act harsh, but the only reason why we don't thank often, is because we love it that much, and that's a good thing, right? Just because were grateful doesn't mean there are going to be a bunch of worship threads on the front page. I thank you for your respect, but I think that you are overly assuming things.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 2 of 45 (211 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 20, 2012
I'm sorry, poster, I have to agree with Count.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 3 of 45 (199 Views)
Wastelander
762 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Me too, the reason why we are dedicated to this forum is we are big fans of both superbot and their project, come one we have pretty much been looking up to Omar like a godly figure these past couple of months

Rayman for all stars
Message 4 of 45 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 20, 2012

My admiration doesn't need to be shown. I rather not be told what or how to go about my feelings towards a project. What they are doing is as you said, a risk and will take a lot. But I never thank someone prior to getting something. For all I know this game could very well be horrible. Why thank them for that? I'll thank Superbot once the game is in my hands and I see what they put their hearts and dedication into.

Plenty of people within this forum have gone above showing love and admiration. What's wrong with being excited? That's the entire purpose of them not revealing the roster. So we build up hype, keep guessing and then get happy or sad. If we just focus on what we know then we run out of things to talk about quite fast.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 5 of 45 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2858 posts

Jul 20, 2012

CountMario wrote:

How dare you to assume we've never thanked SuperBot for this game. I've practically been kissing their feet since it was announced. In fact, this is the one reason why I got into Sony in the first place and decided to buy a PS3 and get into series like Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, etc. I realize that it must have been hard getting the rights for characters, all the days spent programming, advertising costs, constant appearances, interviews, reputation, etc. so I can understand why you would thank them. But at least I have shown both my respect and admiration, especially since I want to get into video game developing. I don't mean to act harsh, but the only reason why we don't thank often, is because we love it that much, and that's a good thing, right? Just because were grateful doesn't mean there are going to be a bunch of worship threads on the front page. I thank you for your respect, but think that you are overly assuming things.

Just look at the majority of the threads on here.  There are for the most part either suggesting something for the game (which is pointless at this point in development) or complaining about something that is in.  There is almost no discussion at all in a positive way about what has already been confirmed in the game.  I never said everyone one on here was being ungrateful, but the majority are.  People need to just chill for a while and stop being all about themselves and their wants.  I've lurked these forums for a while now and have never really felt like posting since most threads are either about suggesting things or complaining about what has been confirmed.  I'm glad to see that you appreciate them.  Also cool that you're striving to get into the game industry.  I'm going to start take classes this fall and am going to work towards that same goal.  However I would like to start up my own company myself and get in that way.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 6 of 45 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jul 20, 2012
i'm on this forum like 10 hours a day... is that not appreciative enough for you?
Message 7 of 45 (163 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 20, 2012
"Just look at the majority of the threads on here. There are for the most part either suggesting something for the game (which is pointless at this point in development) or complaining about something that is in. There is almost no discussion at all in a positive way about what has already been confirmed in the game. I never said everyone one on here was being ungrateful, but the majority are. People need to just chill for a while and stop being all about themselves and their wants. I've lurked these forums for a while now and have never really felt like posting since most threads are either about suggesting things or complaining about what has been confirmed. I'm glad to see that you appreciate them. Also cool that you're striving to get into the game industry. I'm going to start take classes this fall and am going to work towards that same goal. However I would like to start up my own company myself and get in that way."

Just saying though, just because not every single post says 'Thank you" in the title, doesn't mean we're not appreciative.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 8 of 45 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jul 20, 2012

I'm sure everyone on these forums are on here because they are excited for Playstation allstars as well and, if anything, most of the comments that i've seen on the forums are people who are expressing their ideas and what they like to see in the game as well. I haven't seen much hate in the game and have seen a load of love and excitement into who might be or might not be in this game. Isn''t that the reason that forums for this game was created? So that people like you and me who are really excited for the game and will probably buy the game no matter who is in it can express their opinions and feelings towards it?

I dunno maybe i'm wrong. I've only been here a day

Message 9 of 45 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 20, 2012

jojo677 wrote:

I'm sure everyone on these forums are on here because they are excited for Playstation allstars as well and, if anything, most of the comments that i've seen on the forums are people who are expressing their ideas and what they like to see in the game as well. I haven't seen much hate in the game and have seen a load of love and excitement into who might be or might not be in this game. Isn''t that the reason that forums for this game was created? So that people like you and me who are really excited for the game and will probably buy the game no matter who is in it can express their opinions and feelings towards it?

I dunno maybe i'm wrong. I've only been here a day

You are correct, he's just assuming we aren't kissing their feet quite enough. He appreciates the game but assumes we don't. Beyond that I'd say this thread has served its purpose.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 10 of 45 (144 Views)
0 Likes