Nov 11 2012
By: ghost_nappa4 I Only Post Everything 1104 posts

People are going to be surprised by reviews

10 replies 392 views Edited Nov 11, 2012

First off people need to realise a few things

-Reviwers wont dock a fighting game for having 20 characters

-They dont care if Crash is in

-They will compare it to SSB in their reviews but thats not a bad thing

-reviews do matter for a game like PSASBR.

At first I thought this game would get ok reviews maybe a mid-70s on metacritic but with the info Seth gave us this week it looks like PSASBR will get solid reviews with mid-to-high 80s. The game has an arcade/campaign mode, trials, challenges, and 3-6 multiplayer modes. This game will blur the line between hardcore and casual fighting games. Of course a few reviewers won't like the suoer system but then again Greg Miller didn't like it the first time he played it. The amount of depth in the game is amazing but we have to hope reviewers put 20-30 hours into the game(it actually has hundred plus hours). Heres to hoping

This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 1 of 11 (392 Views)
Sackboy
420 posts

Re: People are going to be surprised by reviews

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

If I even see 1 review that trys to down it for not being like SSB enough.

I will personally hunt the the reviewer(s) down and kill them...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 2 of 11 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 11, 2012

ghost_nappa4 wrote:

First off people need to realise a few things

-Reviwers wont dock a fighting game for having 20 characters

-They dont care if Crash is in

-They will compare it to SSB in their reviews but thats not a bad thing

-reviews do matter for a game like PSASBR.

At first I thought this game would get ok reviews maybe a mid-70s on metacritic but with the info Seth gave us this week it looks like PSASBR will get solid reviews with mid-to-high 80s. The game has an arcade/campaign mode, trials, challenges, and 3-6 multiplayer modes. This game will blur the line between hardcore and casual fighting games. Of course a few reviewers won't like the suoer system but then again Greg Miller didn't like it the first time he played it. The amount of depth in the game is amazing but we have to hope reviewers put 20-30 hours into the game(it actually has hundred plus hours). Heres to hoping

are you sure, because reviwers are biased they boost points for stupid reasons, and decrease points for stupid reasons, infact i remember a review for skull girls and the reviews main complaint was for not having enough characters.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 3 of 11 (373 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Nov 11, 2012
^ That is true. The game is very well balanced and I also enjoy that they implemented that technique to stop infinites.
Message 4 of 11 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Nov 11, 2012

A lot of reviews are biased, but usually it's only based on that fat paycheck they receive for advertising and adding numbers to the score.

Most review sites require their reviewers to atleast finish a game and/or put a certain amount of hours into it.  When the reviewers actually play the game, rather than opinions of those that haven't played the game flying back and forth, they'll be aware of how good the game actually is.  They'll realize that the super system works isn't as bad as it sounds on paper, and the mash up stages are all actually really good.

The biggest thing is the characters, and when people finally play as the characters, even if they don't like the characters or have never seen them in their own game, they'll quickly realize that many of their favorites might be these same characters.  Even though I've dabbled a bit in each of the Killzone games, I've never seen Radec, but playing as him he's a great character, and I've always liked the way the Helghast look and he looks awesome.  I actually pulled up videos on Youtube just to see some videos with Radec in there, and he's just a complete bada**.

It's a very easy fighter to get into, but for the hardcore fighting game fan, it's still an extremely skill based game.  I'm sure it'll get bonus points for that.

Message 5 of 11 (286 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Reviews matter A LOT. I agree there. It can make and break the long term success of the game (sales can hinge largely on that)

Message 6 of 11 (278 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 11, 2012

I could see Game Informer hating on it they're probably the most bias, well from what I've seen anyway.

Message 7 of 11 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Nov 11, 2012

The main complaint will be that it ISN'T SSB. If it was clone, they'd subtract points for BEING SSB. It is cursed to be compared

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 8 of 11 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

I'd feel this game would be mostly be mostly focused on criticizing the gameplay, online, story, and content. Some people may say that the roster ALONE may play in some part (which is also part of content) but, Game Informer did express doubt in Crash's inclusion. So, if someone uses any reasons to complain about it, I hope it goes on the lines of "where are the RPG reps?" So I wouldn't worry about any of the big four or the number of the launch roster influencing some scores.

Message 9 of 11 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
46 posts

Nov 11, 2012

bob-maul wrote:

The main complaint will be that it ISN'T SSB. If it was clone, they'd subtract points for BEING SSB. It is cursed to be compared

Lol that is sad but true. I've seen many conversations go on just like this:

"lol this game is an exact copy of smash which sucks, I played it (lie) already so that is a fact"

But it's not like smash there are quite a few differences the super system being one of them.

"what?! super kills? so bad, should have copied smash all the way. Lol sony."

Photobucket
Message 10 of 11 (173 Views)
0 Likes