Re: Paul Gale banned from NeoGAF

Sep 29, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
He said the tag can be arranged.
then the guy said

PaulGaleNetwork
Banned

Thats all.

Ok Stargate every time I post a reasonable legit response to a thread you specifically always come and put some sense into me lol. Everytime theirs a thread like this and I answer truthfully your always there to inform me of a potential troll or mistake in the thread. I've been away from this site for too long.

Man I'm really out of the groove this week. I need to stop playing DOA and One Piece Pirate Warriors lol.

Message 21 of 65 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Fear4TheHero47 wrote:
When you start working for a game company, you have to sign contracts and you can only release the info they tell you is ok. Breaching that contract is punishable by termination and can be pursued under law as well.

As for Paul, he can be pursued under copyright infringement. It's not his property and he doesn't have permission to legally release information about the project under law. They're being lenient, but a lot of people could be in trouble for this if they wanted to spin it that way.

I dont actually think that he could get in trouble through law for talking about a game that isnt out yet.  Thats like if a fan or someone SOMEHOW got a glimps of the whole game before it came out and revealed every single thing.  They WONT track down that fan to go after them.  Did that happen to the person who hacked the beta?  No.  Stop.  Superbot just needs to clean some stuff up and people on here need to CHILL OUT!

Photobucket
Message 22 of 65 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Fear4TheHero47 wrote:
When you start working for a game company, you have to sign contracts and you can only release the info they tell you is ok. Breaching that contract is punishable by termination and can be pursued under law as well.

As for Paul, he can be pursued under copyright infringement. It's not his property and he doesn't have permission to legally release information about the project under law. They're being lenient, but a lot of people could be in trouble for this if they wanted to spin it that way.

PaulGale asks permission first. It's not "copyright infringment" (don't think you know what that means)

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 23 of 65 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Chrono-Cactaur wrote:

stargateheaven wrote:
He said the tag can be arranged.
then the guy said

PaulGaleNetwork
Banned

Thats all.

He may not be banned NOW, but it seems like he will eventually be banned. Especially when the game releases with only 20 characters(No unlockables).

You don't know the game only has 20 characters.

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 24 of 65 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

Sep 29, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:

Fear4TheHero47 wrote:

PaulGale asks permission first. It's not "copyright infringment" (don't think you know what that means)

Agreed.  Actually, Paul has a "source" that is in the industry.  I dont think he would ever give the person up, for THAT person would definitely get fired.

Photobucket
Message 25 of 65 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Sep 29, 2012
I know what it means more than you know. He has permission to reveal what they allow him to reveal. Anymore than that and he can get in trouble. I just had a class on this.

Ever track marvel? What happened to Lupinko? If it kept his lips tight for UMvC3 didn't he? Just indistinct hints. Leaks are bad, but sometimes they're alright and not worth pursuing people over, especially faceless netizens. But Gale has met the team and put himself in a position where he can be targeted by Sony and SB. They provably wouldn't pursue him either way, but infringement laws are more convoluted than you might realize.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 26 of 65 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Sep 29, 2012
I may not have been here long but I think I've made it a habit of not pulling bs out my **bleep**

Message 27 of 65 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Sep 29, 2012
He's distributing unreleased information or ideas about an intellectual property he does not own, license, or have the rights to in any way which could affect or alter the product's ability to sell in the market (positively or negatively) without permission. If I'm wrong, call me on it

Message 28 of 65 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Guys... no.

Y'all done screwed up now, ya hear.

Message 29 of 65 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Fear4TheHero47 wrote:
He's distributing unreleased information or ideas about an intellectual property he does not own, license, or have the rights to in any way which could affect or alter the product's ability to sell in the market (positively or negatively) without permission. If I'm wrong, call me on it

im not saying your wrong.  But why not post on this thread what the name of that law is called or where its written that its against the law to provide information on a game before its release date.  Just curious

Photobucket
Message 30 of 65 (119 Views)
0 Likes