Highlighted
Sep 22 2012
By: HELLSAGENT_17 Fender Bender 2794 posts

Patch Update to the beta

52 replies 733 views Edited Sep 22, 2012

Simple and straight to the point, is it possible for you guys at SuperBot to patch update the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale beta to allow all televisions to be compatible with it?

I have an HDTV that still won't allow me to play the game! I and many others are getting the message "You cannot play this game at the current video output setting."

It has recently been confirmed that it won't matter what sort of television you have when the full game is released. Can't you implement that onto the beta?

There is a reason almost everyone here has the beta as well. It's an early bird special for the lucky fans who managed to get it. When the North American beta goes public, you can bet many people will want to play this game. My guess is that it's this Tuesday or the one after.

No one wants to see these threads everywhere... So... By then, can you please do something about this?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 53 (733 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Re: Patch Update to the beta

Sep 22, 2012
Are you not using an hdmi cable? That's what fixed it for my friend when he was having problems. They are about a dollar with free shipping on amazon

Message 2 of 53 (714 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Sep 22, 2012
What kind of cable are you using?
Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 3 of 53 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Sep 22, 2012

wobbleSPLAT wrote:
Are you not using an hdmi cable? That's what fixed it for my friend when he was having problems. They are about a dollar with free shipping on amazon

I don't believe I own one.

But still, no one should need a bloody cable or an HDTV to be able to play a little beta!

Message 4 of 53 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Sep 22, 2012

AZTEK--24 wrote:
What kind of cable are you using?

I use Composite / S Video

I also have the options for Component / D-Terminal and AV MULTI / SCART with 16:9 but they're not doing it for me either

Message 5 of 53 (686 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Oh just change the resolution to 720 i did that and it worked fine
Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 6 of 53 (662 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Sep 22, 2012

wobbleSPLAT wrote:

Not only that, but buying the cable off the internet? That will take weeks. You might as well just wait for the official release, when they could simply patch it and save everybody the time and get some good feedback as well.

Message 7 of 53 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 22, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

wobbleSPLAT wrote:

Not only that, but buying the cable off the internet? That will take weeks. You might as well just wait for the official release, when they could simply patch it and save everybody the time and get some good feedback as well.

12 dollars at walmart for six foot cable thats what I got 

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 8 of 53 (655 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Sep 22, 2012

AZTEK--24 wrote:
Oh just change the resolution to 720 i did that and it worked fine

No option for that on Composite, and it won't let me on any of the other cables.

Message 9 of 53 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Sep 22, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

wobbleSPLAT wrote:

12 dollars at walmart for six foot cable thats what I got 

I'm pretty sure everyone will agree with me that no one wants to pay 12 bucks for a simple cable that will allow you to play a small beta for... who knows how long... And then have no use for it in the future.

Does anyone not want a patch update just to simply fix this? It's not all about me, lol.

Message 10 of 53 (642 Views)