Fender Bender
2434 posts

Re: Patch 1.07 TIER LIST scrubbies!!!!!!!!

Feb 18, 2013

Spike is B tier at best.

Message 41 of 73 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Feb 18, 2013

and for those who complain about sir daniel, he wasthe second character I picked when the game came out (after nathan drake), because I love MediEvil and I really wanted to play with him, but he's very unviable and his supers suck so i dropped him, i'm not sure why you guys think he should be higher on the list

Message 42 of 73 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Feb 18, 2013

You must've not seen this. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Top-500-Charts/m-p/39420547#M320...  PaRappa hasn't been changed so him being that low is ridiculous. Those charts are a bit outdated but it still applies for the majority of the characters that were untouched by the patch.

You should wait at least a month before you can make any judgments about this patch.

#TogetherToros
Message 43 of 73 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Feb 18, 2013

what does that chart prooves anyway? how used is a character? because Drake is clearly not the best character in the game

Message 44 of 73 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Though it does have to do with uses, a character wouldn't be able to make it high on the charts that many times if they're not good enough.
#TogetherToros
Message 45 of 73 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

Probably, but still, Drake and Kratos are overused, while Sly is not so common to see and he's at 3rd place, fat princess is very uncommon to see around as well so obviously the more people uses a character the higher is the number it will be on the lists, unless they are ridiculously good like sly cooper

Message 46 of 73 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

lxhizy wrote:

and for those who complain about sir daniel, he wasthe second character I picked when the game came out (after nathan drake), because I love MediEvil and I really wanted to play with him, but he's very unviable and his supers suck so i dropped him, i'm not sure why you guys think he should be higher on the list

Inviable? His AP gain is absolutely beastly compared to other characters. Dan has two moves that cover his movements (and one of them able to boomerang), Ranged moves with knockback/stun effects, a charge move that can bowl multiple people over as well as block and deflect projectiles and finally he has the longest melee range out of the whole cast. And you're putting him strictly at the bottom of the list solely because of his supers?

His lvl 1 can be unpredictable when used properly and great Sir Dan players can net you with it raw. It's nearly uninterruptible from how fast it comes out and that fact that it's aimable helps. His lvl 2 may be a a weak super but once he has you in the air you're done for (which is very easy to pull off with his uppercut and hammer). Dan's best played defensively and has multple ways to play mind games with his supers. His Lvl 3 I'll give you that it's lacking in the speed and amount of time he has using it but it's especially effective in smaller stages. You don't whip his supers out willy-nilly. You need to think with him. 

So far the only thing I get from you is that "Dan is hard to use because his supers are bad therefore he is the worst." Not true. A player who knows Sir Dan's defensive and mind games strategy can easily exploit and outsmart several characters in the roster and is the scariest character to encounter with a ranged character (Radec, Emmett, etc.). And don't pull the "he's slow" card. He's meant to be used with patience and if you can't grasp that then stick to playing Ratchet.

If you're still not convinced, then I suggest fighting AsisakaTalent's or Snake_Nox's Sir Dan. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 47 of 73 (231 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Feb 18, 2013

this is exactly the same I hear from raphael players on soul calibur, just for giving an example

they both are unviable at higher levels, YES, i know you can use them properly as you can use every single character properly no matter if it's A, B, C or W tier, but just because you can use a character in the right way doesn't mean that he is better than everyone thinks

Message 48 of 73 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Feb 18, 2013
^^ How are they unviable at higher levels if they can be played at higher levels? That makes no sense.

And you stated that one of your reasons for putting Dan at the bottom was because "I have yet to see a Sir Dan beat my Ratchet." If anything your little tier list is just a basic list of who you're personally skilled with and how you think they match up against your main. That's not a tier list.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 49 of 73 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Feb 18, 2013

you seem to be a little slow to understand so i'm gonna have to explain a couple things

what I meant on my "i'm yet to see a daniel beat my ratchet" comment was that good characters like ratchet or toro can give him a very bad moment, even if used properly, i haven't seen any impressive sir daniel that could change my main, he is still very bad and will always be until he gets buffed

by the way i didn't understand the "How are they unviable at higher levels if they can be played at higher levels? That makes no sense" part, actually that was a stupid quote lol

Message 50 of 73 (197 Views)
0 Likes