Wastelander
637 posts

Re: Patch 1.02 issue update

Dec 7, 2012
I agree with D1Renegade. After having such a Playstation background, I would expect Superbot to not make such a bad mess up as this. However, mistakes happen and all we can do is wait. I know they didn't mean to mess the patch up, but nonetheless they did and that's one reason why it isn't at VGA's...

A company of this caliber should never make a mistake like this. Just goes to show how much they really put into this game.
Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Message 21 of 59 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Dec 7, 2012

One thing I find amusing about this whole situation is when the game came out everyone was complaining about how long it was taking them to release a patch and that they should hurry up about it.

Now a patch has come out, people are **bleep** about it being rushed. HMM I WONDER WHY IT WAS RUSHED I HAVE NO POSSIBLE IDEA IN THE WORLD

Has anyone on this forum, at any point, taken a step back and looked at what they're saying? Sure, the patch issues are frustrating, but my reaction was "oh well, might as well play something else while it's getting fixed" Make Superbot aware of the issue, sure, but calling them names and raging about it doesn't make you look good. These things happen. Deal with it.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 22 of 59 (497 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Cannot kudo this post enough ^

Message 23 of 59 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Dec 7, 2012
To ask a video game company to come out with patches? Why I've never heard of that!

Stop backing superbot up, there is no one else to blame except them. What amazes me is how this patch wasn't tested before the release.
Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Message 24 of 59 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Testing is an incredibly complex process and is often done within a very limited testing facility.

It may turn out that the exact nature of this bug was not something they were able to recreate in their QA department due to it being a result of real world networking, hardware, or ISP issues. Since the QA department operates all within the same building, it is incredibly likely that they are at best simulating real world networking, which means that their testing is only able to reflect some small portion of what the real world contains.

Further, this could be the direct result of a code source issue, where they had identified this problem, resolved it, but due to a build issue failed to send the correct code package to Sony.

Be patient, they will identify and fix the issue, I wouldn't be surprised if they released a roll-back patch while they do so.
Come watch competitive and casual PSASBR play:
http://twitch.tv/hotboxgaming
Message 25 of 59 (449 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Dec 7, 2012

PinaChronic wrote:
Stop backing superbot up, there is no one else to blame except them.

These. Things. Happen.

How do you know they didn't test it? They could have done, and it could have worked fine on their end, but then encountered an issue in the wild. Again, THESE. THINGS. HAPPEN. No one can be blamed for it.

Yes, it's bad, but I love the assumption that it'll be forever until it's fixed and that Superbot are a bunch of incompetent fools who deserve to die in a fire because MY VIDEO GAYM DONT WURK PROPER. Honestly, the comments I'm seeing about this are pathetic.  No one knows what caused this, and most likely Superbot didn't anticipate it either. I hardly think they were sitting there fiddling with code for half an hour before sending it to Sony without checking it, which seems to be the assumption most people are making.

Personally, judging by the community reaction to practically everything, I wouldn't be surprised if the incessant whining about how the patch wasn't being released early enough led them to release it in a broken state just to spite the spoiled brats who always want MORE MORE MORE RIGHT NOW.

Message 26 of 59 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Dec 7, 2012

godlessmode wrote:
Testing is an incredibly complex process and is often done within a very limited testing facility.

It may turn out that the exact nature of this bug was not something they were able to recreate in their QA department due to it being a result of real world networking, hardware, or ISP issues. Since the QA department operates all within the same building, it is incredibly likely that they are at best simulating real world networking, which means that their testing is only able to reflect some small portion of what the real world contains.

Further, this could be the direct result of a code source issue, where they had identified this problem, resolved it, but due to a build issue failed to send the correct code package to Sony.

Be patient, they will identify and fix the issue, I wouldn't be surprised if they released a roll-back patch while they do so.

I love you, marry me Smiley Tongue

Message 27 of 59 (439 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 7, 2012

BIG_C_23 wrote:

It's sad when the community gets so **bleep** off. SuperBot didn't know this was going to happen so there no way testing would have helped prevent this at all. And you have to understand, they are doing the best they possibly can at the fastest time. SuperBot, not that I think is at the VGAs (weren't nominated) so they have lots of time. We will see a fix by tommorow, but please. They already know, quit complaining that it's broken, they are working on it. Game development is not easy here people.

Sad that folk are mad that a patch gets put out that is supposed to make the game better makes the game unplayable to people? Sad that folk who spent there hard earned cash on something are upset that Developers can't even patch there own game right? Get off superbots **bleep** won't you? They should have tested the patch. You expect me to believe they did and now these issues 99% of people are having are new? Doubt it. If you took in a car for a upgrade and rather than that they took the engine out so the car wouldn't work at all  would you be happy? Sure game development isn't easy but testing your patch's before making them public is common sense. At the end of the day you have zero right to tell people to not complain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 28 of 59 (415 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Dec 7, 2012

wwinterj wrote:

BIG_C_23 wrote:

It's sad when the community gets so **bleep** off. SuperBot didn't know this was going to happen so there no way testing would have helped prevent this at all. And you have to understand, they are doing the best they possibly can at the fastest time. SuperBot, not that I think is at the VGAs (weren't nominated) so they have lots of time. We will see a fix by tommorow, but please. They already know, quit complaining that it's broken, they are working on it. Game development is not easy here people.

Sad that folk are mad that a patch gets put out that is supposed to make the game better makes the game unplayable to people? Sad that folk who spent there hard earned cash on something are upset that Developers can't even patch there own game right? Get off superbots **bleep** won't you? They should have tested the patch. You expect me to believe they did and now these issues 99% of people are having are new? Doubt it. If you took in a car for a upgrade and rather than that they took the engine out so the car wouldn't work at all  would you be happy? Sure game development isn't easy but testing your patch's before making them public is common sense. At the end of the day you have zero right to tell people to not complain.

To use your car analogy back against you to show why all this is overreaction (yes it is overreaction, it's a bloody video game), imagine your car goes in for a service and they find you need a new part. They replace it, and test it in the limited space of the garage, and passes all their checks just fine.

Then you get your car back and you take it out on the road. That part is now no longer working in a test environment, and due to an unforeseen fluke of engineering, the part breaks through normal road use and the car has to go back to be serviced. The mechanics didn't anticipate it, but it happened.

That's probably what happened here. Don't assume they didn't test stuff. Believe it or not, problems CAN arise between production and distribution. Don't insult the developer, who most likely didn't anticipate it. Yes, it's a major issue, and yes, it's frustrating, but throwing a tantrum and refusing to wait to see if things will get fixed (which they will), ESPECIALLY considering how many people complained about how long it was taking them to release the thing in the first place.

It's a video game. Chill.

Message 29 of 59 (399 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Dec 7, 2012
My god this shows people play more games besides All stars I am sock D: /sarcasm
Message 30 of 59 (392 Views)
0 Likes