I use this combo all the time:

side circle + circle+ down square + up square (hold) +circle + square + square

Message 11 of 39 (125 Views)
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Re: Parappa Combos!

Nov 23, 2012
Hey shredder!

Mid-air, before the double-square, you can throw in an extra Mic grab and get 135AP :-)
Message 12 of 39 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Shredder's combo seems like the go-to combo for massive AP gains, mostly because the initial knock-down from the "I'm A Fan" doesn't initiates from a distance so you don't have to be very close to an opponent to put it into motion. I've noticed that you can use it on sloped ground too, but ONLY if Parappa has the higher ground (his mic seems to be able to grab opponents by the head, but not by the feet). I have also seen a few elite Parappas who can even throw in an extra neutral square or two between the mic grab and the trip. Typically, I end up hitting the neutral square too many times and it goes right into a thousand-punch (which is also a decent combo), so I try to stick with what I know that I can do.

Another great tactic I love to use is when multiple opponents are on a higher ledge (good examples: the metal crate in the bottom right corner of the second half of Invasion, the two ledges on either side of Metropolis/Time Station), jump up from below the ledge, then use the mic to grab one of them from in mid-air, sweeping them out of the brawl, then ground them with a quick neutral square + neutral square. It doesn't gain a lot of AP, but it keeps you farther from danger than you have to be, throws off everyone else involved, is a great combo-breaker, and is just plain satisfying. if the opponent is one the ground (not airborne), you can even add a fan-spin beforehand, but you might get caught into the tussel.

What I'm looking for is a good combo that I can go right into from a ground-hit with the triangle skateboard Dash. The Dash is very easy for me to hit with, but I don't know of a lot of good ways to follow up with it.

Message 13 of 39 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

shredder1020 wrote:

I use this combo all the time:

side circle + circle+ down square + up square (hold) +circle + square + square

You can add a small punch (NOT the Thousand Fists) before Down+Square for an extra 5 AP.

n00ne_imp0rtant wrote:

What I'm looking for is a good combo that I can go right into from a ground-hit with the triangle skateboard Dash. The Dash is very easy for me to hit with, but I don't know of a lot of good ways to follow up with it.

Supposedly you can trip people with Down+Square shortly after you land with a Dash, but I haven't tried this myself.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 14 of 39 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

140 AP burst: Side Circle, Circle, Down Square x2, Up Sqaure (Hold), Side Circle.

As for kill CONFIRMS, the Mic Grab is NOT one of them, UNLESS your opponent's immediate reaction is to jump away. Most of his confirms are wall bounces and one really rare Up Triangle. (See: This video)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 15 of 39 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Ok, so I just found a slightly different but easier one that also grants 140 AP:
Side Circle, Circle, Down Square x2, Up Square (Hold), Up Square.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 16 of 39 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Side Circle, Circle, Square-Down Square, Up Square (Hold)...

Jan 11, 2013

Side Circle, Circle, Square-Down Square, Up Square (Hold), Circle, Squarex2

Message 17 of 39 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: Side Circle, Circle, Square-Down Square, Up Square (Hold)...

Jan 11, 2013

Androu1 wrote:

Side Circle, Circle, Square-Down Square, Up Square (Hold), Circle, Squarex2

I can't seem to nail that one, how much AP does it grant?

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 18 of 39 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Here are all the ones I use. I know there are some that I'm missing, but I generally stick to these ones.

AP Burst Combos:

SideCircle | Circle | Square | DownSquare | DownSquare | UpSquare(Hold) | SideCircle

Circle | Square | DownSquare | DownSquare | UpSquare(Hold) | X(SmallHop) | Circle | Square | Square

SideCircle | Circle | Square | DownSquare | Square | DownSquare | UpSquare(Hold)

Throwing Combo:

UpGrab | UpSquare(Hold) | X(SmallHop) | Circle | Square | Square

Setups (dodgable) :

SideSquare | R2

DownSquare | Square | R2

Confirms:

SideGrab | R2 (If you're 2 rolls away from a straight wall)

Triangle | R2 (If you're slightly closer than 2 rolls away from a wall)

Message 19 of 39 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Side Circle, Circle, Square-Down Square, Up Square (Hold)...

Jan 11, 2013

140 AP. Which part is giving you trouble?

Message 20 of 39 (72 Views)
0 Likes