Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/12/2008
Offline
119 posts
 

Re: Side Circle, Circle, Square-Down Square, Up Square (Hold)...

Jan 11, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

The first one: Yes.
Second: No.
Third: I'm pretty sure that one doesn't work. You can't chain two neutral punches and two drop kicks... although, I'd love to be disproven.


Actually you can, you just have to get the timing down. I find this combo to be useful in places like Time Station, where hitting them in to the air would make them land on a platform and end your combo. That 3rd one never really goes off the ground until the final hit.

 

I could record it/show it to you in-game later if you wanted, but I do know for a fact that it works. Smiley Happy



Message 31 of 39 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Side Circle, Circle, Square-Down Square, Up Square (Hold)...

Jan 11, 2013

I don't suppose anyone's found a 159 AP Burst, then? Smiley Very Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 32 of 39 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Side Circle, Circle, Square-Down Square, Up Square (Hold)...

Jan 11, 2013

Prattz wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

The first one: Yes.
Second: No.
Third: I'm pretty sure that one doesn't work. You can't chain two neutral punches and two drop kicks... although, I'd love to be disproven.


Actually you can, you just have to get the timing down. I find this combo to be useful in places like Time Station, where hitting them in to the air would make them land on a platform and end your combo. That 3rd one never really goes off the ground until the final hit.

 

I could record it/show it to you in-game later if you wanted, but I do know for a fact that it works. Smiley Happy


Do you think it has something to do with the character you face? I usually do this stuff against Kratos and that combo just isn't clicking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 33 of 39 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Side Circle, Circle, Square-Down Square, Up Square (Hold)...

Jan 11, 2013

Here ya go. My video has visual aids and Trent Reznor, what more could you want? Smiley Tongue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 34 of 39 (78 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/05/2012
Offline
53 posts
 

Re: Side Circle, Circle, Square-Down Square, Up Square (Hold)...

Jan 11, 2013

Here's something I've been having trouble with. Sometimes (maybe about 20% of the time) when I'm trying to bust out one of these combos on someone, Parappa's uppercut move only goes up about half as far in the air as the version in all these combo videos. I know it's something I'm doing wrong, but I'm not sure exactly what. I noticed it happens far less if I wait a little longer between the mic grab and the uppercut, but I'd like to get to the root of the problem. What determines whether he goes full-height or half-height on the uppercut?

Message 35 of 39 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Side Circle, Circle, Square-Down Square, Up Square (Hold)...

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

n00ne_imp0rtant wrote:

Here's something I've been having trouble with. Sometimes (maybe about 20% of the time) when I'm trying to bust out one of these combos on someone, Parappa's uppercut move only goes up about half as far in the air as the version in all these combo videos. I know it's something I'm doing wrong, but I'm not sure exactly what. I noticed it happens far less if I wait a little longer between the mic grab and the uppercut, but I'd like to get to the root of the problem. What determines whether he goes full-height or half-height on the uppercut?


PRESSING square does a small uppercut, HOLDING square does a large uppercut.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 36 of 39 (73 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/16/2009
Offline
104 posts
 

Re: Side Circle, Circle, Square-Down Square, Up Square (Hold)...

Jan 11, 2013

n00ne_imp0rtant wrote:

Here's something I've been having trouble with. Sometimes (maybe about 20% of the time) when I'm trying to bust out one of these combos on someone, Parappa's uppercut move only goes up about half as far in the air as the version in all these combo videos. I know it's something I'm doing wrong, but I'm not sure exactly what. I noticed it happens far less if I wait a little longer between the mic grab and the uppercut, but I'd like to get to the root of the problem. What determines whether he goes full-height or half-height on the uppercut?


Hole the up+square instead of just pressing hit. He goes alot higher that way.

Message 37 of 39 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/05/2012
Offline
53 posts
 

Re: Side Circle, Circle, Square-Down Square, Up Square (Hold)...

Jan 11, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

Here ya go. My video has visual aids and Trent Reznor, what more could you want? Smiley Tongue


That first one is sexy. After the uppercut, is it possible to instead grab him with the mic and spin kick him to the ground?

Message 38 of 39 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Side Circle, Circle, Square-Down Square, Up Square (Hold)...

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

n00ne_imp0rtant wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Here ya go. My video has visual aids and Trent Reznor, what more could you want? Smiley Tongue


That first one is sexy. After the uppercut, is it possible to instead grab him with the mic and spin kick him to the ground?


The mic will just send him flying, giving you the same amount of AP. I find it easier just to mash the same button. Smiley Wink

EDIT: Actually it'll just give you 135 AP. So, just don't do it. Mic run yes, mic grab no.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 39 of 39 (62 Views)
Reply
0 Likes