Splicer
42 posts

Re: PaRappa Strategy Guide (Taking Suggestions)

Oct 26, 2012

Xcaligamer1 wrote:

have you noticed they fixed down circle?  i use it when people crowd together but getting to level 3 is much easier than it was

Down Circle is very useful in situations where the opponent is occupied with another enemy. Otherwise, the best use is really to get them to come to you. The actual amount of AP you gain from it, however, is negligable. Even on my 135+ AP combo, doing it during the down circle boombox, I still only gain an extra 20+ AP. 

That said, if you prefer to use your level 3, more power to you. 

Though, I would advise you to stop. First of all being at level 3 halts your AP gain. On top of that any kills you miss with your level two can be quickly made up for with a quick level one. On top of that, every level you gain, you then have farther to work toward your next bar. As far as I can tell level one is worth 120ish AP, level two is 200AP (after the original 120), and level 3, I believe, is another 250 AP. Do the math. The time it takes to get 320AP as opposed to 570AP (level 3) is drastic. It's not worth the time it takes to build up to a level 3. 

Either way, do with my advice what you will.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 32 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Kick, punch it's all in the mind.

Seriosuly, Parappa is my favorite character in the beta. I agree with whoever posted before, but use his mic grab circle attack to pull people in then use his level 1. Works every time for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 32 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

Kick, punch it's all in the mind.

Seriosuly, Parappa is my favorite character in the beta. I agree with whoever posted before, but use his mic grab circle attack to pull people in then use his level 1. Works every time for me.

This is an all too common misconception. If it's working it's because the people you're playing against don't know how to block-roll or air dodge.

This does not combo. I've wasted lots of meter testing this theory. 

I'm not saying it never works. But if it does, it's not because it combo'd. It's because they other player didn't react fast enough.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 32 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Odd you say that. What I do is hit them with the side triangle skateboard smash, then as they're getting up off the ground reel them in with mic grab and use the level 1.

I get what you're saying, but it works about 90% of the time for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 32 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Oct 26, 2012

It's more worth it to just get to level two so you can kill everyone on screen.

A 90% success rate means that it's not a combo. If it was, it'd be 100%.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 32 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Oct 26, 2012

I generally go for the level 2, but his mic grab level 1 combo is actually great. I don't know why you don't think so but hey...

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 32 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

I don't dislike it. I use that all the time. I'm just saying it's not an actual combo. If you get someone with it, it's because they didn't react fast enough. But it's a great way to get a couple more kills in at the end of a round. That's how I got my 10/1 in FFA.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 32 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Oct 26, 2012

pull in with wic, down square, the. Begin 1,000 punch, but don't finish, stop half way, they will recover perfect potition, from then activate your level one. Remember the key is to NOT finish the 1,000 punches, and let them recover.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario kills turtles..... kratos kills gods.

looking for some art to look at! look no further!
www.noahmorrow.deviantart.com/

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 32 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Nice I'll have to give that a shot. Are they still in hit stun when you hit your level 1?

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 32 (168 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Oct 26, 2012

No, I don't believe so, they recover back to normal, but they do so, perfectly diagonal to parrapa, allowing for a perfect set up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario kills turtles..... kratos kills gods.

looking for some art to look at! look no further!
www.noahmorrow.deviantart.com/

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 32 (160 Views)
0 Likes