Nov 13 2012
By: Trujuju_91 I Only Post Everything 1145 posts

PSASR in Japan at the 31 January, , , hmm

[ Edited ]
9 replies 280 views Edited Nov 13, 2012

Well, it suprises me that japan gets the game that late. . .

but i have a small therory in mind.

For me it wouldnt be suprising that the game comes out there, after the big dlc's will be finished, so the bigger mass audience of the japanese ppl will instabuy the game.

Yet, japan has heihachi, toro and spike, maybe dante. . ., (i guess as they favorietes)

But for them, a cloud, snake, or even a crashhave some big value points. Not unlike us, who got big daddy, jack daxter. . ., lets say mostly the rest of the roster who is more popular in america and europe.

So i guess its a marketing strategy to get higher sales in japan once the game has some even greater roster to fully appeal to the japanese audience.

Japan is just another language they could add, so why not?

Normally only japanese games get delayed for america or europe, not the other way arround. . ., and not in the scale of 2 months. . .

what you guys think. :smileyvery-happy:

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 1 of 10 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Re: PSASR in Japan at the 31 January, , , hmm

Nov 13, 2012
I THINK THEY SHOULD ADD JRPG REPS.
Message 2 of 10 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 13, 2012
This was my thought aswell - if the DLC announcements are made within the month of December (VGAs seems like the perfect candidate), then it would be plausible to assume it could release to coincide with the Japan release, containing some Japan popular characters i.e. Snake, Cloud etc.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 3 of 10 (251 Views)
Gaming Beast
1668 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I think they need the extra time to grow Ratchet's eyebrows :smileytongue:

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 4 of 10 (229 Views)
Wastelander
722 posts

Nov 13, 2012
The marketing for this game in Japan has been very poor and it seems Sony has taken notice to the lukewarm reception. You could tell by the way they handled TGS that they were banking on most Japanese gamers recognizing Toro but little else.

They likely realized the majority of characters are western and the game is more targeted to this audience. Heihachi is known over there but he and Toro can't carry this game. Spike and Parappa were relevant at one point but it's been awhile.

I agree that they need a good additional character to win over that audience. If Square would stop screwing around and cooperate...
Message 5 of 10 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Trujuju_91 wrote:

Normally only japanese games get delayed for america or europe, not the other way arround. . ., and not in the scale of 2 months. 

Nah, it's normal.  Unless a world wide release is planned, they will delay other versions to work on them. Stuff needs to be changed, even down to the logo. Western made games usually get delayed for japan. such as black ops or the popular-in-Japan, GTA.

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 6 of 10 (188 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Nov 13, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:

Trujuju_91 wrote:

Normally only japanese games get delayed for america or europe, not the other way arround. . ., and not in the scale of 2 months. 

Nah, it's normal.  Unless a world wide release is planned, they will delay other versions to work on them. Stuff needs to be changed, even down to the logo. Western made games usually get delayed for japan. such as black ops or the popular-in-Japan, GTA.

oh, thanks for clearing that one up.

But 2 months is normal? Just to say, they skip christmas for the japanese. . . haha . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . .

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 7 of 10 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1668 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Trujuju_91 wrote:

stargateheaven wrote:

Trujuju_91 wrote:

But 2 months is normal? Just to say, they skip christmas for the japanese. . . haha . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . .

Could be a number of reasons, translation being the obvious one, with marketing being a pretty likely second reason.

But again, like I said, most likely reason? DEM EYEBROWS:

Japanese Ratchet

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 8 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Trujuju_91 wrote:

stargateheaven wrote:

Trujuju_91 wrote:

Could be a number of reasons, translation being the obvious one

To suggest that they would need 2 months to fix translation issues is almost insulting, and its not like they didn't plan to release the game in Japan before.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 9 of 10 (128 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

Translation obviosly not !

Translation need to be done for europe in many diffrent languages. .  xD

So one additional dosnt matter, i assume. But there can be most likely other things i dont know of.

, , ,, as like my theory^^

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 10 of 10 (121 Views)
0 Likes