Nov 07 2012
By: Xis66 Wastelander 673 posts

PSASBR (Un)Official Idea, Addition and Suggestion thread

[ Edited ]
6 replies 330 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

There’s been a lot of disappointment going on in our little world with this “announcement” that we’re “only” getting 20 characters at launch, “my character didn’t make the cut”, “I hate this character why is he/she in the game but not him/her?!” We express a lot of our dismay on these forums I guess this is what it’s indeed for now I personally dislike complaining but enjoy constructive criticism and I DO feel that characters is still only at most half of this game, gameplay and experiences making up the other half at the very least.

I’ve had hours of experience with this game now from BETAs and “other outlets” to conventions and events. Played with most characters, I played the new demo (I’ll share impressions later) and seen a lot more polish go into that build.  I love this game as is, roster and all but here go some of my personal suggestions in hope to make this game an even better experience for all of us. Feel free to add to this list and voice your opinions after.  Don’t just lurk, get involved!

DYNAMIC AP USAGE AND BLOCKABLE LEVEL 1S

I feel AP Could be the life and death of a character especially if used for other uses like doing Circle/special moves to deter you from spamming like “Radec spamming” if attacks were remapped could add another layer of strategy.

I think you should lose more AP for falling off stages or stage hazards. It would make them a lot more dangerous and detrimental like the big fish on Sandover could take a nice chunk out of your meter or falling or knocked off of Stowaways.

Also, I don’t think it would be a bad idea if Level -1s were blockable you’d have to use at least like a bar of meter to do this but only L1s can be blocked. This can add another layer of strategy I think.

EDGE GRABBING

Now this goes hand and hand with if you lose more AP or had a penalty for falling off screen on some stages plus it was a big part of the Smash formula it could be worth an addition to our game

MUSIC MASH-UPS

I think more of the stages mash ups could be better if they decided to do a bit of music mixing besides just starting off one song and then later starting up another. It would be cool if it could be a bit mixed up like the Parappa stage song mixed a bit with the Killzone theme and use elements and sounds from both songs together when the stage changes as long as it’s appropriately mixed.

HOME AVATAR AS A CHARACTER OR CREATE/CUSTOMIZABLE CHARACTER

I know some people don’t like home  but It really is a viable source for Sony and really not a bad idea if done right but I’ve seen allot of create a characters stuff on here and this would be pretty  good if that’s the way the implement it plus that’s how it could make sense in this universe. Believe it or not a lot of people still go on and use home. If you haven’t in a while and it’s not deleted of your PS3 go try it out again lots of **bleep** to do.  Think it’s underrated

VISUAL INDICATOR FOR DIZZY OR STUNNED

Especially on Hades, I get caught in that purple stuff and I don’t even know if I get caught or if my opponents get caught in it. Some times when the screen gets far (even on pretty big T.V.’s) it’s kind of difficult to make out who’s dazed. I know all builds I’ve played are unfinished and possible implementation may be in progress but I feel it’s worth a say. Anything from a small swirly above their heads or a couple little stars could due, anything other than just a static animation.

MOVE CONTROLLER AS ITEM

I’m sure they are going to put the controller somewhere in the game but I have an idea that it turns into a random melee weapon or every time you swing it like a sword a hammer ore other PS lore related items maybe one will be a dud like 1/15 chance it turns into something dumb or maybe it does the exact opposite like give the victim AP just a thought but would create some funny moments I’m sure.

VISUAL FOR ITEM USES

I never know how many uses my purple G.O.W. spear thing have left. I know over time I’ll just be able to count it myself but it’s just a suggestion

QUIKTIME CINEMATICS FOR L3’S

Like Parappah’s L3 super can be done similar to how his actual game is played and determine on how well you do that (good, cool, etc.) you kill 1-3. It shouldn’t be difficult at all but a small chance of messing it up and only get that 2 or 1 kill plus it gives you something to do than just watch your cinematic some others can be done by button mashing or some quiktime input. I know why the reasoning behind the full screen L3s get definitive 3 scores but it’s a suggestion.

I know some of these can make the game a bit more complex and maybe difficult even mess up balance a bit for newer or casual gamers also some of them are prolly implemented by now like indicators and stuff  but I’m saying this from a (my) fighting game and smash vets perspective and BETA experiences and trailers. Remember when smash came out so many years ago that percentage idea wasn’t taken very well until it was released among a lot of (fighting especially) game systems and ideas that were different. Plus I wonder what you guys may think of mine and other’s Ideas. Good productive change of pace from the usual roster and fraud bicker that’s going on right now.  I thank you for at least reading my lengthy post thus far, please feel free to add I love what I’ve seen so far in other threads.

BTW

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Ideas-and-Suggestions/m-p/382791...

the is the old thread.

Any Additions are welcome and I can take constructive criticism.

*I’ll be adding to this thread when I or YOU get new Ideas to post*

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS JUST A RESPECTABLE IDEA AND SUGGESTION THREAD THEY ARE JUST SUGGESTIONS AND CONCEPTS. LETS TRY TO KEEP IT CIVIL.

==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 1 of 7 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Re: PSASBR (Un)Official Idea, Addition and Suggestion thread

Nov 8, 2012

There are lurkers afoot

Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 2 of 7 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Nov 8, 2012

That's a lot of lurkers!

Lazy people, I tell ya!

I wouldn't mind edge grabs, honestly.

But I do want it so whenever you are grabbed (with R3). After the first grab, If anyone else grabs you, you won't lose AP until 15 seconds after the first grab. It's very annoying because people don't get off your as*... They just keep draining you of your AP until you're close to your lv 3 and do it again. Try winning a game with Radec without being grabbed to hell.

With the amount of AP that a person can gain when grabbing someone once when near a lv 3 should fit nicely and go without the opposing player losing AP to a grapple for 15 or so seconds.

Message 3 of 7 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Nov 8, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

That's a lot of lurkers!

Lazy people, I tell ya!

I wouldn't mind edge grabs, honestly.

But I do want it so whenever you are grabbed (with R3). After the first grab, If anyone else grabs you, you won't lose AP until 15 seconds after the first grab. It's very annoying because people don't get off your as*... They just keep draining you of your AP until you're close to your lv 3 and do it again. Try winning a game with Radec without being grabbed to hell.

With the amount of AP that a person can gain when grabbing someone once when near a lv 3 should fit nicely and go without the opposing player losing AP to a grapple for 15 or so seconds.

I main Radec in BETA and when I will second him after launch to be honest I rarely get grabbed maybe It because it's not a big part of people gameplan but I use a tech that gets me like 5 throws in a row to avoid becoming a victum to an L3 but when I DO get grabbed I just counter it or I dont Roll people always roll towards or away then they tech chase and grab again but if you just get straight up you can get out of this. But yea your idea isnt bad though I can see it so that you dont lose so much AP when you get touched on consecutive throws but it really comes down to stop getting grabbed. STOP Lurking everyone. I almost wish I said "I'm goin to sue SB for not adding Crash" that prolly got alot of attention Smiley Very Happy

STOP LURKING no one has anything other than "I want (insert personal fav, cult or mainstream fav character) here.

Message 4 of 7 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 8, 2012

I personally feel like score shouldn't be determined by kills and deaths, but by total AP-gain, as that shows really how much hits you've been sending.. On the other hand that sort of makes supers useless but yeah.. I think the knock-out/kill system of SSBB is better anyways. Still pumped for PAS though!

Message 5 of 7 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 8, 2012
Edge grabs and a big penalty for falling off would be trying to make this game more similar to smash. It's not supposed to be though, it's more of a traditional fighter. Also, the knock back is not set up for a system like that, nor would I want it to be.
Block able level 1s....nah, then at the end if someone else has a level one you could just continously block instead of actually dodging. I would be really frustrated if you could just block them, it would take much less strategy. I like that if someone keeps blocking my attacks in can switch it up and use a level 1 and get a kill, but your way we couldn't do that.
Music mixups, that could be cool. I like the music now but your idea would make it better.
Home avatar as a character could be cool, I remember they considered it but ultimately decided against it.
Stunned indicator I definitely agree, but it's not really a big deal because if you can't move, you are stunned
Move controller item would be awesome =)
Visual effects for items isn't too important because counting to three is something I learned a long time ago lol, it goes 1 2 and then 3
Lastly QuickTime for level 3s....NOOOOOOOOOOO. It's a tradeoff, if there was a possibility that they wouldn't get all three that would defeat the whole purpose.

Message 6 of 7 (225 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
673 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

th visual indicater for dazed or stunned is just a small convenience I think is necessary in all fighting games I know alot of people that played this game and really didn't know wth was goin on then get stunned are really messed up after that  plus this is true some people still dont have HDTV'S  as always thanks for your input Wobble.  ALL of this stuff can be argued down too the games great as is but with a dynamic attatched I can see somethings workin in the long run or the very short run

The Stunned visual is the only i can see actualy happening

Message 7 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes