------------------------------------

" One hypersonic brainwave scrambler, scrambled"
Clank from R&C: ACIT

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Re: PSASBR Prima Guide Details and what it means for YOU!

Sep 17, 2012
I think all characters and stages that haven't been revealed yet will be unlockable.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Re: PSASBR Prima Guide Details & what it means for YOU!

Sep 17, 2012

"The Official Prima Game Guide for psallstars has been revealed on the Amazon website. The Book description may have just revealed some secrets about the game! The Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Prima Official Game Guide includes:

• Cover Playstation 3 and Vita platforms!
• Unlock all characters and every stage!
• Detailed character profiles reveal every ability, super move, matchups, and tactic!
• In-depth strategy for both local and online multiplayer modes!
• Learn to leverage advanced environment tactics providing an essential edge in each level! 

It seems that this is telling us that there will be character and stage unlocks after all. If you don’t see the character you wanted in the game announced before the released date for PSASBR, there is still hope. One would think everything in a game wouldn’t be revealed ruining the experience and story of it all anyway. So aside from DLC, we know there will be things on-disc that will be unlockable, even characters and stages now.

For the strategies for multiplayer modes, we have a feeling they will include more than your average multiplayer mode for a fighter. If we’re still going by one of Paul Gale’s hints, then we’re betting on one of these modes being CTF. It just seems like they will be unique modes for them to include a strategy for them. Otherwise, they could just cover the character tactics if there was a typical fight to win mode and nothing else.

The question is, what exactly will these characters, stages, and multiplayer modes be? While we have you covered here on an online guide here at PSASA, we highly recommend you pick up this upcoming official Prima Guide for PSASBR for much more detailed content about your game."

http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/amazon-playstation-all-stars-prima-guide-reveals-secrets-1816501/

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Re: PSASBR Prima Guide Details and what it means for YOU!

Sep 17, 2012

HM01_Impaler wrote:
I think all characters and stages that haven't been revealed yet will be unlockable.

We still have the stage leaks that have to be announced. Plus there is the TGS and NYCC coming up. Check this out too

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/2012/09/17/new-content-and-updates-for-playstation-all-stars...

"There's a lot of levels, there are way more than I expected in the final version." He's talking about the unlocks Im sure now :smileyhappy: 

--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Re: AMAZON. PSASBR Player Guide

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

Hidden Characters is what makes fighting games so fun, you get a sense of accomplishment when you unlock characters and stages as long as its not too hard or crazy I always enjoy unlockables in fightings games.. the question is now how many characters 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Sep 17, 2012

I take it that there is no mention of frame data for this guide?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Sep 17, 2012

l3oml3_RideR wrote:

I take it that there is no mention of frame data for this guide?

What is frame data? Can anyone explain?

- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

Sorry, the forums won't let me explain what frame data is...it keeps bleeping out my entire post even though I'm not using any sort of offensive language...

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Sep 17, 2012

l3oml3_RideR wrote:

Sorry, the forums won't let me explain what frame data is...it keeps bleeping out my entire post even though I'm not using any sort of offensive language...

What is it related to? Like frames per sec details, customization, pictures? Or maybe you could message me or post it in this thread: http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52&p=176

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (227 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Sep 17, 2012

I'll try again...I think I've figured out which words are causing my post problems (words taken out of context...). So if my wording seems strange, its because I'm avoiding the usage of common words and phrases. Don't use the word "a*t*t*a*c*k" or "b*l*o*c*k*i*n*g"...though "block" is ok for some reason

An easy way to think about frame data is basically a measurement of time. Since Playstation Allstars will run at 60 frames per second (like nearly all fighting games), this means that a frame is equal to 1/60 of a second. Frame data will allow players to figure out exactly how fast a move is. In other words, how much time must elapse from the moment of pressing a button to the point in time in which an offensive move becomes capable of connecting to an enemy nearby. So if a move has a startup period of 10 frames, then that means the move will become active after 1/6 of a second after the button is pressed (10/60 of a second).

Frame data is useful for other things too, such as calculating the length of time that a move will be active for (the amount of time the move will linger for), the amount of time it takes a character to recover after using the move, how much hitstun a move will cause if it hits someone, and how much blockstun a move will cause if it connects with someone who blocks the move. This, among other things.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (212 Views)
0 Likes