09-08-2012 06:58 PM
09-08-2012 08:24 PM
Here's what I've been able to pull from the panels:
- "If you're fans of PLAYSTATION, our boss will make a lot of sense"
- “While I’m not willing to say it’s ‘the bad guy,’ there’s definitely a reason why these characters are coming together and that will be revealed to you.”
PSASBR: On-Disc Character Roster:
- "We have PAX coming up and we have Tokyo Game Show, so we'll definitely be doing character announcements at both of those events."
- "We haven't announced a final fantasy character yet."
-“We’re really focused on getting as much on to the disc as possible”
PSASBR: Game Modes:
- Story Mode
> Single player progression (unlocks an outfit for every character)
- Versus Mode
> Singles (1v1)
> Doubles (2v2)
> Free For All
> Combat Trials (described as edu-tainment, focused on learning individual character/mechanics)
> Practice Mode
- Story Mode Update
> Close to traditional fighting game structure (story progression)
> Each character has their own motivation and know there’s a gathering
> Each character comes to this challenge and fights rivals along the way
> Length not confirmed
- Stock: limited number of lives
- Kill Limit: get to certain number of kills the fastest
- Can set different match types/options:
> re-spawn rates to instantaneous
> adjust AP (i.e. one hit can give you a super)
> Tournament mode: restricted rule-set and timed (FFA, 2v2, etc)
> Quick Match: set time/stock, FFA/2v2/etc
> Custom Game: unrestricted
PSASBR: Stages: No new hints on stages from the panels
09-08-2012 08:49 PM
09-09-2012 10:49 AM
09-09-2012 08:27 PM
-PSASBR Boss Thoughts-
-Fans of PlayStation. Doesnt mean every PS fan will understand, but most.
-There is a REASON why they come TOGETHER
What could fans of PS even know?
My pick on singular or multiple boss: I have no idea right now.
Anyone got anything to add to this? I feel that if we focus on one at a time maybe then that would be better. If we get worn out/cant think we move on to the next thing/ Those are what I've concluded for the boss
I think the boss has the following characteristics:
- Has a reason to bring all these characters together
- Is not evil or bad
- Is one being/person/entity (I don't think it's multiple)
- Has some characteristic that all Playstation gamer
Some more PS slogans:
- Wherever, Whenever, Forever (PS1)
- Do Not Underestimate the Power of Playstation (PS1)
- Live in your world. Play in ours (PS2)
- Play B3yond (PS3)
- It Only Does Everything (PS3)
- Never Stop Playing (Vita)
- The World is in Play (Vita)
New hint from the following interview on on-disc characters:
"We're only talking about the 20 characters we've announced so far, so you'll have to stay tuned"
Not a confirmation, but with TGS coming (and we know they have stuff there), it just adds more credence to more than 20 characters.
09-10-2012 01:30 PM