Survivor
2179 posts

Re: PSASBR: Frustrating, but still fun

Dec 25, 2012

TrashCrap wrote:

RaiXku wrote:
Most of the opinions stated are my truthful opinions though. Honestly, I'm not a fan of discussion like this since I end up looking stupid by the end of it all. So lets leave it at a neutral standpoint and let this thread die out, agreed?

I completely understand your opinions. And I respect the fact that you disagree with mine while remaining civil. I assure you, you don't look stupid just because you aren't as good at arguing as the next guy. You have the right to your opinion just like everyone else. Good luck in your matches bud

Thanks, people like you are the reason why I still love this community Cat Happy

Message 11 of 18 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Dec 25, 2012

May i ask what does kill confirm spam and tea bagging mean in this game?

Message 12 of 18 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Dec 25, 2012

Indignation__ wrote:

May i ask what does kill confirm spam and tea bagging mean in this game?

Theres actually a thread on Teabagging somewhere in the last few pages I think. Kill confirm spamming means you only build up to your level 1 and repeatedly use the exact same setup for a guaranteed kill over and over instead of going for the higher level supers.

Message 13 of 18 (182 Views)
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Dec 25, 2012

Oh for me I don't mind that tbh. I would rather have ranked be stocked matches of 5 minutes(or even no time at all) instead of timed because some characters are meant for level 3s instead of lvl1 spamming and with all the amount of stun attacks/items(like getting frozen for 5-10 or wtver seconds) really just doesn't make sense. at least with stocked, if you save up a level 3 without dying you are still in the game while in timed, if you don't pull it off fast enough, you lost, even though you were technically winning. Some characters are tailor made for their level 3s and not lvl 1s.

Message 14 of 18 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Here's my answer to your general fear of the community:
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6894124544/h276C3FCD/
Message 15 of 18 (159 Views)
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

I must admit, frustrating and still fun is exactly what I would describe it. It is addicting even though it drives you mad. It is such a painfully frustrating but fun experience...

Message 16 of 18 (151 Views)
Fender Bender
4337 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
I wouldn't call it frustrating, really. It's a fighting game, so this is common, something we have to accept, even. Though I have to agree with TrashCrap that sending a message won't really accomplish much. We have to overcome issues ourselves, because that's what we gamers are: Problem solvers. We can't directly fix a problem, so we have to show SuperBot that we can adapt so that they know that problem X is not something they straight-up have to nerf, but rather something they have to tweak to make slightly more accommodating to newer players.

This. We just have to be patient with Superbot's decisions and what we can do to prevent spamming and cheap tactics. I hate to say it, but as for fighting the spammers, "kill confirmers", and campers...

Lightning Says

Remember what I told you about Marvel Vs Capcom? "Kill confirmers" are allowed in this game.

Some kill confirm are fine such as Sir Dan's arrow and Dante's empty cancel because these require timing and focus, and can be dodged. However, some kill confirm I noticed doesn't feel righteous and punishable. Evil Cole's giga punch, for example, is the most infamous and effortless move that is very destructive and reusable. Something like these should be tweaked right away. 

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 17 of 18 (142 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Evil Cole is the most... inFAMOUS? I see what you did there Smiley Very Happy I gotta say, it's so refreshing to see a respectful, insightful, and civil thread on the internet. Kudos to all involved!
Message 18 of 18 (130 Views)