Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 10/07/2012
Offline
521 posts
 

Re: PSABR??? I don't think so......

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

Honestly the only character that does not really fit in id Big Daddy.

 

Dante - Contributed to the rise of the PS2 and the action genre as a whole

 

Fat Princess - An extremely popular game for the PS3 and PSP that has fantastic original gameplay

 

Raiden - Helped the Metal Gear franchise and the PS2 go down in history, it showcased the systems power and gamings storytelling abilities

 

Toro - Spokeperson for Playstation in Japan, so yes, Playstation history.

 

Heihachi - An iconic villain in the ultra popular Tekken franchise that Sony held near and dear for quite some time

 

Spike - An amazing game that showed what analog sticks can do, helped revolutionize gaming forever

 

Sweet Tooth - Helped put Sony on the map and to this day is one of the most popular faces in gaming today

 

Evil/Good Cole Macgrath - Helped show what next-gen gaming could deliver and is largely considered one of the greatest games ever, plus, he is badass.

 

Parappa - To this day is one of the biggest Cult Classics ever, true GAMING history, only on Playstation

 

Jak - Created one of the most iconic franchises in gaming and took the multigenre to new heights with incredible platforming, action, adventure, and puzzle solving, a true classic

 

Ratchet - Helped solidify the Playstation as a must have system, and to this day is an extremely lauded and iconic franchise

 

Colonel Radec - A fantastic villain in a franchise that helped revolutionize the console FPS, also helped start the shooting craze, for better or worse

 

Nathan Drake - One of the most beloved characters in gaming history, and belongs to one of the most critically acclaimed series of all time

 

Nariko - Helped the PS3 gain an identity and showed the PS3s true power, without this game the system may have flopped even harder then it did

 

Kratos - Arguably the most controversial and fleshed out anti-hero in gaming history, the series showed what was possible in gaming both as an art, and in gameplay

 

Sackboy - Brought the platformer back from the dead and gave the Playstation one of the best platformers in gaming history, and it helped the system invade the more conservative gamers home.

 

Sly Cooper - A classic game that helped show what the PS2 could do with storytelling and gameplay, to this day it is considered one of the greatest series in the past console generation

 

Sir Daniel - A beloved cult classic that while not extremely popular, it is/has an iconic Playstation franchise/character that continues to unite casual and hardcore gamers alike

 

 

 So what were you saying about this roster not making any sense?

Message 31 of 56 (125 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: PSABR??? I don't think so......

Oct 7, 2012

Illuvial wrote:

Honestly the only character that does not really fit in id Big Daddy.

 

Dante - Contributed to the rise of the PS2 and the action genre as a whole

 

Fat Princess - An extremely popular game for the PS3 and PSP that has fantastic original gameplay

 

Raiden - Helped the Metal Gear franchise and the PS2 go down in history, it showcased the systems power and gamings storytelling abilities

 

Toro - Spokeperson for Playstation in Japan, so yes, Playstation history.

 

Heihachi - An iconic villain in the ultra popular Tekken franchise that Sony held near and dear for quite some time

 

Spike - An amazing game that showed what analog sticks can do, helped revolutionize gaming forever

 

Sweet Tooth - Helped put Sony on the map and to this day is one of the most popular faces in gaming today

 

Evil/Good Cole Macgrath - Helped show what next-gen gaming could deliver and is largely considered one of the greatest games ever, plus, he is badass.

 

Parappa - To this day is one of the biggest Cult Classics ever, true GAMING history, only on Playstation

 

Jak - Created one of the most iconic franchises in gaming and took the multigenre to new heights with incredible platforming, action, adventure, and puzzle solving, a true classic

 

Ratchet - Helped solidify the Playstation as a must have system, and to this day is an extremely lauded and iconic franchise

 

Colonel Radec - A fantastic villain in a franchise that helped revolutionize the console FPS, also helped start the shooting craze, for better or worse

 

Nathan Drake - One of the most beloved characters in gaming history, and belongs to one of the most critically acclaimed series of all time

 

Nariko - Helped the PS3 gain an identity and showed the PS3s true power, without this game the system may have flopped even harder then it did

 

Kratos - Arguably the most controversial and fleshed out anti-hero in gaming history, the series showed what was possible in gaming both as an art, and in gameplay

 

Sackboy - Brought the platformer back from the dead and gave the Playstation one of the best platformers in gaming history, and it helped the system invade the more conservative gamers home.

 

Sly Cooper - A classic game that helped show what the PS2 could do with storytelling and gameplay, to this day it is considered one of the greatest series in the past console generation

 

Sir Daniel - A beloved cult classic that while not extremely popular, it is/has an iconic Playstation franchise/character that continues to unite casual and hardcore gamers alike

 

 

 So what were you saying about this roster not making any sense?


New Dante didn't contribute a **bleep** thing to the PS2, that was all Old Dante.

Message 32 of 56 (107 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 10/07/2012
Offline
521 posts
 

Re: PSABR??? I don't think so......

Oct 7, 2012

You are about to go full **bleep**.

Please don't go full **bleep**!

 

The character himself, the sword and gunplay, the personality, the crushing difficulty. All three of those iconic things are what made DMC special, and New Dante is apart of that. So it counts. Just because his looks are different does not change the character himself. This "New" and "Old" Dante talk is just silly. DANTE IS DANTE NO MATTER WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE.

Message 33 of 56 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: PSABR??? I don't think so......

Oct 7, 2012

Illuvial wrote:

You are about to go full **bleep**.

Please don't go full **bleep**!

 

The character himself, the sword and gunplay, the personality, the crushing difficulty. All three of those iconic things are what made DMC special, and New Dante is apart of that. So it counts. Just because his looks are different does not change the character himself. This "New" and "Old" Dante talk is just silly. DANTE IS DANTE NO MATTER WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE.


Actually, you missed the part where their stories are different so DMC Dante is Old Dante and DmC Dante is New Dante.

Message 34 of 56 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/07/2012
Offline
521 posts
 

Re: PSABR??? I don't think so......

Oct 7, 2012

We are not talking about the storyline of the character, we are talking about their status as an icon. And with all the controversy surrounding "New" Dante he HAS become an icon, of course, it is for the wrong reasons, but the statement is true nonetheless. And with the new DMC coming out it is a great way to advertise. Plus, as I said before, the core Dante personality and gameplay is there. Plus, your statement is kind of rhetorical, of course the stories are different, the game depicts Dante in a vastly different stage in his life.

Message 35 of 56 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: PSABR??? I don't think so......

Oct 7, 2012

Illuvial wrote:

We are not talking about the storyline of the character, we are talking about their status as an icon. And with all the controversy surrounding "New" Dante he HAS become an icon, of course, it is for the wrong reasons, but the statement is true nonetheless. And with the new DMC coming out it is a great way to advertise. Plus, as I said before, the core Dante personality and gameplay is there. Plus, your statement is kind of rhetorical, of course the stories are different, the game depicts Dante in a vastly different stage in his life.


No, I mean the stories are literally different.  It isn't apart of the original DMC storyline.  This isn't a story about Dante's beginning from DMC because the game that did that was DMC 3.  DmC is a brand new story made from scratch to scrap the old story if it does better.

Message 36 of 56 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/07/2012
Offline
521 posts
 

Re: PSABR??? I don't think so......

Oct 7, 2012

Now this I did not know, ok, I will give you that. But my overall point still stands. I apoligize for heckling you over it.

Message 37 of 56 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: PSABR??? I don't think so......

Oct 7, 2012

Illuvial wrote:

Now this I did not know, ok, I will give you that. But my overall point still stands. I apoligize for heckling you over it.


It's good, although the story bares resemblence to Dante's father The Dark Knight, Sparda.  In that case I'll give you credit for that.  It makes me wish they made a Story about Sparda instead which would have been better.   Because, we finally would have gotten to play through Sparda's Story.

Message 38 of 56 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/07/2012
Offline
521 posts
 

Re: PSABR??? I don't think so......

Oct 7, 2012

Honestly if there is one thing we ever agree on, it should be that, that would not only please fans more, but it is more relevant and interesting to gamers as a whole. Plus, who the hell would not want to play as The Dark Knight (lulz)?

Message 39 of 56 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/16/2012
Offline
2925 posts
 

Re: PSABR??? I don't think so......

Oct 7, 2012
The Dark Knight was an amazing movie
Message 40 of 56 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes