Im not a fan of the design yet but at the same time the extra inputs seem like a very smart addition.
A touch panel lets it compete with the Wii U, as for the speaker well who knows?
I quite liked how the speaker on the wii controllers worked.
In the end though only a few things really matter.
1. Does it feel right
2. Does it recharge without batteries.
3. Does it last a long time.
4. Does it require an annoying cable to resync.. -_-
it just looks like they went on the dreamcast style with that screen on the middle i really dont like the design tbh it seems it lacks something with all that open space on top , i never saw anything wrong with the ps3 controlers simple and a clean design.
1. The "screen" is a touchpad.
2. It's a prototype with (hypothesized) Move technology built in. That's what the open space is.
The control itself looks nice to me. I'm very interested to see the final version.