Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: PS4 E3 Announcement Confirmed !

Jan 8, 2013
The comment itself I'm taking with a grain of salt - however his small remark during the opening when discussing all of Sony's trademark sectors (including Playstation) is what hinted at some big news to come.

Other then that, it's been known for quite some time that the next gen consoles were coming this year, if not for release, then at the least for an announcement.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 44 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

I heard Sony filed a patent for embedding RFID chips in discs to prevent people from playing used games.

If that is so and PS4 is any more restrictive I will not buy PS4 for now.

DRM and region locking is bad as it it, adding RFID chips and what not is 10 steps backward and a restriction on my freedom as a user.

I already find the PS3 good enough for the games in fact, I wish there would be a lot more 2d games like Rayman and LittleBigPlanet for the PS3.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 44 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Jan 8, 2013

h

Tekn0tize wrote:

I heard Sony filed a patent for embedding RFID chips in discs to prevent people from playing used games.

If that is so and PS4 is any more restrictive I will not buy PS4 for now.

DRM and region locking is bad as it it, adding RFID chips and what not is 10 steps backward and a restriction on my freedom as a user.

I already find the PS3 good enough for the games in fact, I wish there would be a lot more 2d games like Rayman and LittleBigPlanet for the PS3.

the x box was rumored the same for a while, actually for the last couple months, hell the wii u was rumored for it for a little bit, so just gotta wait to see

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 44 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 8, 2013
The next Xbox filed a similar patent a while ago, Sony may just be ensuring they can follow through if the option is given to them (keep in mind, neither of them can afford to implement such a system if the competitor isn't doing the same).

The PC has been doing it for years, so it's not really 'new' or unheard of. I'd be fine with it, only if it isn't restricted to the extent of completely being locked out of a game on another console (if I bring a game to a friends house), or atleast give a quicker alternative to allowing usage through my own PSN ID, rather then having to create my account on the system.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 44 (50 Views)
0 Likes