Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
481 posts

Re: PS3 VS XBOX360 in brawler style

Aug 4, 2012
third party games are important to playstation! I played bioshock on playstation. I dont care if it was an xbox exclusive first. big daddy is still an iconic character from the series and I remember him on playstation. I think its awesome he is in
Fission Mailed
Message 21 of 26 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Aug 4, 2012

thor131995 wrote:

being a fanboy is so pointless sony isnt giving you any money for only playing their games. and if daddy is referring to big daddy i dont see how its closer to PS when it was a xbox360 exclusive for over a year. assassins creed has always been multi plat so i dont see how thats closer to PS. and since xbox has MGS 2,3 peace walker i'd say and they are using the raiden from the new game coming out which is multi-plat so raiden is sorta kinda in the middle now. Dante is not closer to PS the HD collection containing DMC1,2,3 and DMC 4 was multi-plat and ince again they are using dante from the game tht is coming up which is multi-plat saying he is closer to PS is pointless. and why do people constantly try to **bleep** gears of war and halo those are 2 awesomegames and fable,shadow complex, crack down, fusion frenzy.  the list goes on with under ground xbox exclusive games that people dont know about because no one screams from the roof tops when something is exclusive for xbox. and xbox pushing COD thats supposed to be a bad thing? they push it because it makes money. microsoft aint the problem for pushing its the fans fault for constantly buying it.

Hey man...you're right about being a fanboy. It is pretty pointless. If everyone solely dedicated their fanship to one console enterprise it would eliminate the feel of competition. People really need to just get what is, in fact, the best for them. However, there are 3rd party titles that are more closely related to one console or another. When it comes to PS3...we usually get the support of the fighting game community...where as XBOX has more of the First Person Shooter community. You can usually tell by how the games play out who's buddied up with who. Like...new Mortal Kombat...we got Kratos as an exclusive...Xbox got nothing. Soulcalibur IV back in the day...the character associated with PS3 was Darth Vader while XBOX got associated with Yoda. (Yoda is cool too...but...come on...Darth effin' Vader.) Streetfighter x Tekken...we got Cole McGrath, Toro, and Kuro...Xbox got nothing. Metal Gear Solid has always been associated with Playstation even when other consoles get to share as well. MGS4 was exclusive to PS3. Devil May Cry has also been associated with Playstation. We're entering a world where almost everything is becoming multi-plat...but that doesn't strip the series of their past and their connections to certain companies. It's why it makes sense that Heihachi is in this game. Tekken was exclusive forever. Now it's Multi-plat...but that doesn't strip it of it's long history working with Sony as a company and it doesn't strip it of the association to Playstation in the minds of the gaming world. Final Fanasty is also in association with Sony. Yeah...the stray sometimes...but thank goodness...mainly when it starts turning to crap. I for one am glad that we can't count FF 13 as a playstation exclusive. However...the promising FF 13 VS. is in fact a PS3 exclusive...as Tetsuya Nomura himself has stated that he enjoys his relationship with Sony and would like to stay loyal to and respect that relationship. These types of bonds develop when the companies become close. When it comes to games like CoD, however, XBOX shines through...especially given when you see how they always have DLC for those games on lockdown for an entire month. XBOX is the FPS console. Shoot, (no pun intended) Master Chief is their mascot. They even went so far to name their two shoulder buttons left trigger and right trigger as opposed to just L and R. The one place that I might have to disagree with you on is Gears of War. I feel that cover based shooting is one of the main things that is mucking up the game indusry today. Not to mention...freakin' brown' boring cover based shooting with the most lingering freudian masculinity concepts centered around yet another overly barbaric and muscle built space marine for the 2010's. And...see...that's the real reason I think I respect XBOX the least out of the three. I don't hate it for being a game system...it's meant to play games...and that's what iit does. I just hate the mentality behind it...their concept of advertisment and who their aiming at. XBOX gets behind so much of the same, bland, FPS philosophy and attempts to appeal to the masses of casual gamers.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/84-Console-Rundown

Go to that review. That's from when the consoles were new...but it's still somewhat accurate to today's time. His complaint about PS3 having a lack of games isn't valid anymore...but there are still some good points. He gets into what they are all aiming at...which is honestly the biggest difference in the consoles. He's ripping on the PS3 as well...so I'm not being biased about this. I don't think the PS3 is God's gift to game kind...I just think that it...as a whole is a better deal than the XBOX. It gets back to the old school feel while still having some new. I also incredibly love Nintendo. Don't have a problem with them at all and I'm looking forward to buying the Wii U soon. :-) Also...you should watch all of Yahtzee's reviews. He's usually rather accurate. Be warned, though...he's pretty harsh on every game ever. :-/

Photobucket
Message 22 of 26 (63 Views)
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Aug 4, 2012

Sorry for the huge chunk of words. :-/ And once again...I'm not biased towards any one company. I think the concept of a console war is kind of ridiculous. I'm not gonna lie to myself and say that XBOX is as good as PS3, though. And nintendo just does what it does. Never feels like they're in competition with the other two. I love Nintendo almost as much as I love Playstation.

Photobucket
Message 23 of 26 (60 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1307 posts

Aug 4, 2012
Why cod is better on xbox than on ps3? 1 month early DLC? that't about it.
If Bioshock was 1 year exclusive to xbox, why was it add to PSASBR? i'm confused then.
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 24 of 26 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Aug 4, 2012

Revenger-cm wrote:
Why cod is better on xbox than on ps3? 1 month early DLC? that't about it.
If Bioshock was 1 year exclusive to xbox, why was it add to PSASBR? i'm confused then.

It isn't. It's just more associated with Xbox. There's nothing better about it on XBOX. Just most people think XBOX when they think CoD. Or...most of the interenet communities that I've seen. It's possibly due to the one month early DLC, though.

Bioshock's Big Daddy was added as the wild card guest fighter. No big reason had to be injected for that. However, I have begun to wonder recently if the Bioshock brand is buddying up more with Sony nowadays. They've shown a lot of love their way. I'm not certain about that...but Big Daddy might be an indicator.

Photobucket
Message 25 of 26 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Aug 4, 2012
Itd be all the many ps heroes vs masterchief Marcus fenix and a forza car. I don't think we can handle it
Message 26 of 26 (41 Views)
0 Likes