Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 18 2012
By: Heisenberg_35_56 Hekseville Citizen 342 posts

PS1 Character Speculation

15 replies 441 views Edited Sep 18, 2012

For all who've seen the recent Seth Killian interview it is quite obvious he almost lets slip a new character that harkens back to the PS1 generation. What PS1 character could he be talking about from popular demand it will either be Crash, Cloud, Spyro, or Snake but do you think it will be more of a second tier character like Gex or Croc etc. Was he talking about a character at all or maybe an level mash-up or easter egg. Share your thoughts?

If anyone has the link to the video please link it so people who have not seen it.

If theres another thread like this just tell me, this seems like a pretty big reveal and it seems worthy of its own thread.

PSN: tha_jammer

ABE and CHIMERA FOR PSASBR
Message 1 of 16 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Re: PS1 Character Speculation

Sep 18, 2012

It's Crash, Cloud, or Snake.

I seriously doubt Spyro is in.

Gex and Croc have an even lower chance... Like 0.000001% probably.

That's just what I think, anyway.

Message 2 of 16 (419 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Heisenberg_35_56 wrote:

For all who've seen the recent Seth Killian interview it is quite obvious he almost lets slip a new character that harkens back to the PS1 generation. What PS1 character could he be talking about from popular demand it will either be Crash, Cloud, Spyro, or Snake but do you think it will be more of a second tier character like Gex or Croc etc. Was he talking about a character at all or maybe an level mash-up or easter egg. Share your thoughts?

If anyone has the link to the video please link it so people who have not seen it.

If theres another thread like this just tell me, this seems like a pretty big reveal and it seems worthy of its own thread.

Gex and Croc won't be able to represent the psone era, as croc is dead. Psone characters that people been wanting more is Crash, Spyro, Cloud, and Dart, the Gex phase at this forum died long ago.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 3 of 16 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Sep 18, 2012
I would most likely be Cloud since Crash, Snake, and Spyro are just from the PS1.
Message 4 of 16 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Sep 18, 2012

MattGamer540 wrote:
I would most likely be Cloud since Crash, Snake, and Spyro are just from the PS1.

Yet they consider Sweet Tooth a PSOne rep and Kratos a PS2 rep.

I'm pretty sure when they talk about console "reps" they're referring to where they started, not where they were most iconic, and even if that were the case, Crash and Spyro would still fit the bill because they were most iconic in the PSOne days. 

So, yeah.

Message 5 of 16 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Sep 18, 2012
I still just can't see Snake in this game. I feel like Raiden is what we get from Konami and that's it. Snake may appear as a cameo in his story cutscenes or something. I hope I'm wrong.

If we get 24, I'm gonna be optimistic and say Kat, Cloud, Crash, and....either a Chimera or Ryu Hayabusa I guess. Don't know who to pick for a fourth.

Kat and Cloud for TGS, since they are Japanese originated characters, and Crash and whoever for the final reveal before release. Crash will blow the hype through the roof and will also be revealed at the same time Sony kicks off an ad campaign to push this thing, hoping his reveal will spur a wave of preorders.
Message 6 of 16 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 18, 2012

MattGamer540 wrote:

L O L what? Snake, Crash, Spyro and Cloud have all been on games outside of the Ps1. Snake was on the Ps2 (MGS2) and Ps3 (MGS4) as well as on the portable systems with AC!D. Spyro has had games on the Ps2 and Ps3 while Crash was on the Ps2. And Cloud? He's made an appearance on the Ps2 and the PsP.

Message 7 of 16 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Sep 18, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

MattGamer540 wrote:

L O L what? Snake, Crash, Spyro and Cloud have all been on games outside of the Ps1. Snake was on the Ps2 (MGS2) and Ps3 (MGS4) as well as on the portable systems with AC!D. Spyro has had games on the Ps2 and Ps3 while Crash was on the Ps2. And Cloud? He's made an appearance on the Ps2 and the PsP.

I think it's safe to assume he meant aren't instead of are.

Message 8 of 16 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Cloud, Crash, Spyro, and Snake. Square, Konami, and Activision especially want some green so they better hand their characters for this game.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 9 of 16 (302 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 18, 2012

T-Rex from PSX tech demo
T-rex

Or Polygon Man
Polygon man

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 10 of 16 (292 Views)
0 Likes