Dec 02 2012
By: Tekn0tize Gaming Beast 2105 posts

PS Vita Help!!

14 replies 146 views Edited Dec 2, 2012

So I finally took the plunge and got a PS Vita (was 20% off on Amazon DE and included LittleBigPlanet).

I assume I'll get the LBP memory card but I also want to play PSASBR on Vita since it has Cross Buy. Since it's a download voucher do I need to buy a separate 4GB card for it or how does that work??

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 1 of 15 (146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Re: PS Vita Help!!

Dec 2, 2012
PSASBR is about 1.6GB so if you can fit LBP with some space you should be fine.
Message 2 of 15 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Guess I need to do my research.

Can I install it onto the LBP's memory card or does it have some internal memory or do I need to buy an extra memory card for all download+install games (i.e. those that don't in their own memory card)
------
Message 3 of 15 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Im assuming the Vita came with a memory card & a voucher to download LBP ? If so, then you should be able to fit PSABR & LBP Vita onto the 4gb card, although I'd recommend taking the plunge and getting a 16gb, just so you don't have to worry about space when downloading games (should be cheap on eBay).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 4 of 15 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 2, 2012
It comes with a 4 GB memory card and an LBP download voucher.

So yes, i think i'll get a 16 GB one cuz I fear more and more the cross buy will only include a downloadable voucher and not a physical memory card Smiley Sad oh well

thanks for the help. Now I need to decide the list of Vita games to get next.

So far, I have LBP and PSASBR. I will also surely get Rayman Origins, by far the best plat former on the Ps3 and it is sure to rock on the vita as well.

Not so sure about Gravity Rush though, I don't like to use games with motion controls etc. I prefer standard buttons + joystick games.
------
Message 5 of 15 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Dec 2, 2012
If that's why you're hesitant to get gravity rush, let me just ensure you can use the analog sticks instead of tilting the screenSmiley Happy that's what I do.
Message 6 of 15 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Get Playstation Plus NOW - it's on sale, 3 months for £7.99. You get Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Chronovault & Superslime Attack right now & Mortal Kombat Vita on the 13th. You also get cloud storage to upload your save date.
Message 7 of 15 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Assuming your using your UK account.
Message 8 of 15 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Yeah I have a UK account, thanks will take a look at the PS+ offer!

And yeah, I'm planning on getting Mortal Kombat for the Vita too, and hopefully take the Vita over to my brother when I visit him during vacations who's not played any MK game since MK3 & trilogy. Should be fun! Smiley Happy

I just hopy my Vita gets here before Jan 1st... it was completely sold out and the estimated dispatch time in Amazon is 2 to 5 weeks. I'm just praying it dispatches within 4 weeks
------
Message 9 of 15 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Oh wow, well I'd say purchase PS Plus from your PS3 (the deal expires soon), you can stack the deal as many times as you want e.g. buy the 3 month membership twice for £7.99 each and get 6 months for the price of £15.98 etc.

That way you can download the Vita titles on Plus via your PS3, and either download them onto your PS3 and transfer them to your Vita when it arrives through content manager, or simply access your download list on the Vitas store and download them. That way, by January, you should have :

-LBP Vita
-PSABR
-Uncharted GA
-Gravity Rush
-Mortal Kombat
-Chronovalt
-Superslime Attacks
+ two other PSN games I've forgotten the names too.

Ontop of that, you get Crysis 2, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Batman Arkham City & Vanquish for the PS3, a very good deal.
Message 10 of 15 (108 Views)
0 Likes