Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: PS VITA playing against PS3 Players?!

Nov 20, 2012
This. I have both, and go back and forth when I can't just sit in front of my TV forever. It hasn't been a problem at all!
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Nov 20, 2012

i dont have a problem playing with playstation 3 player witht he vita i find it fair and balanced this also wasn't a secret they even had a press confrance where they showed two player on the ps3 playing with the vita

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2320 posts

Nov 20, 2012

chunky_shtew wrote:

Cross Play and Cross Matchmaking are completely different things. I watched about 6 hours of pre-release interviews, podcasts, videos, etc. and when they talked about cross play it was about playing with friends across systems - not the competative matchmaking system. They never mentioned it once, and since I do not own a PS3 I feel this is quite unfair. They should have vita vs vita, ps3 vs ps3, or at least on option to toggle this on or off for matchmaking :smileysad:

If you keep finding PS3 players then that means there aren't any Vita players around, if they did that then you wouldn't be able to play online.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Seems majority disagrees with me. You guys don't see an advantage to playing on a screen larger than 5 inches as well as playing on a dedicated controller with R2 and L2 buttons? Seriously? Have you even played on both systems to compare?

And as for my playing with majority of ps3 players suggesting that there are no vita players, that's just silly. Say 80% of players are PS3, 20% are vita. I would still find matches with that 20%. Not to mention that if I had an option to toggle which systems I was matched against, I could easily search for cross play if I couldn't find any vita vs vita matches.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2320 posts

Nov 20, 2012

chunky_shtew wrote:

Seems majority disagrees with me. You guys don't see an advantage to playing on a screen larger than 5 inches as well as playing on a dedicated controller with R2 and L2 buttons? Seriously? Have you even played on both systems to compare?

And as for my playing with majority of ps3 players suggesting that there are no vita players, that's just silly. Say 80% of players are PS3, 20% are vita. I would still find matches with that 20%. Not to mention that if I had an option to toggle which systems I was matched against, I could easily search for cross play if I couldn't find any vita vs vita matches.

Then your only choice is to get used to the Vita and get better with it, everyone else seems to be fine with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Trying to stop myself from laughing. This is such a non-issue. Playstation players have no distinct advantage over Vita players. If you feel so, you just aren't good enough. At the very least, you just aren't good enough using the Vita and should invest in a PS3 console or game if necessary.

I've played with both and personally feel the Vita is superior. The ONLY time the Vita could be said to be at a disadvantage is in picking up items, but even thats a bit of a stretch.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (177 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Not sure if that's true. The only way I found out was by asking the people I was playing against, I wouldn't have known I was playing against consoles otherwise. And the only person I've seen who said they were fine with it was a person who made his account today to post that he plays on both. That's pretty far off from 'everyone else seems to be fine with it'. :/

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I've played with both and personally feel the Vita is superior. The ONLY time the Vita could be said to be at a disadvantage is in picking up items, but even thats a bit of a stretch.

I'm curious to know why you feel the vita is superior? Also, besides grabbing of items, do you realize how cumbersome it is to taunt on the vita compared to the PS3?

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Oh, to start with I haven't taunted yet, so I can't really judge that. I am curious though, how do you taunt then?

From experience, I've felt that in having the Vita screen close to me I have greater concentration, and I feel I react faster with regards to dodging and pulling off the timing of supers. That said, there are a few factors which influence my feelings on the Vita over PS3 which may not weigh in for others:

1) I have always preferred handheld gaming so the Vita likely feels more natural for me personally.
2) The gameplay on the Vita felt quicker but this may have been because either the television I played the PS3 version on is not up to scratch and/or I haven't the best eyesight.

So, overall it probably comes down to personal preference and in your case the grip of a PS3 controller would make all the difference whereas for me the handheld setup feels better.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 21, 2012
i also remember during the 2nd main beta, a lot of people prefer using the vita...
Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (134 Views)
0 Likes