Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Re: PS VITA playing against PS3 Players?!

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

Why would you taunt when you can't even beat the players you're fighting?
That's the only reason a taunt button is in there.
Do you taunt when you lose? That doesn't make sense.

Message 21 of 22 (109 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Re: PS VITA playing against PS3 Players?!

Nov 21, 2012

It's not that I lose all the time. My record is 13-18-6-2 and I am close to having a purple belt. And that's including the 6 disconnects I had in my first day of playing... let me explain a few of the cons so you guys see where I am coming from:

- It's impossible to see sly cooper when he goes invis on the small vita screen. On PS3 I'm able to see his outline faintly and bits of smoke when he runs. It's also next to impossible to see small objects, for example Evil Cole's black mines, ratchet's telsa spikes (before they are connected), and the list goes on. 

- I sit near my router to get the best connection, but I still disconnect quite frequently which nets me a lot of losses. For example, I lost 23 levels on my green belt from 1 disconnect yesterday. If I had a PS3 I would just plug it in via ethernet and I wouldn't disconnect. Wireless internet is incomparable to that of wired. And don't say I should get a better router, I have one of the best out there. The wireless disconnects may also be the fault of the vita, so if I was just playing vita users competativley they would have that same, or similar, likelihood of disconnecting. Meaning that our stats and rankings would inherantily take that into consideration.

- Touching the screen to pick up an item is no doubt a disadvantage at high level play. It's like a playstation player having to press the 'start' button to pick up an item, for those who haven't played the vita version. This is the smallest of my concerns though and not really an issue for me where I am at competatively, the first 2 points are where I hold more contention

Message 22 of 22 (94 Views)
0 Likes