So as some are already aware, I am cancelling the previous tournament in favor of the chance I was offered to get PSA at a MLG event.. I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR HOWEVER THAT ALL-STARS ITSELF WILL NOT BE GETTING SPONSORED, AND THAT ONLY I AM ALLOWED TO RUN IT AT THIS GRASSROOTS EVENT AS SORT OF A SIDE EVENT. The event will on May 3rd and 4th in Houston Texas. PSA will be run with every smash game including project M, and I am allowed to have singles, doubles, and whatever else I'll need for Allstars. I will also be contacting SSM and SCEA about the event for potential advertising and additional funds/prizing.
Zuma Fun Center (South)
6767 Southwest Freeway
Houston, Tx 77074
Zuma Fun Center is a mix between Dave&Busters, FunPlex and Chuck E Cheese. You can eat pizza/hot dogs/burgers...ect, play arcade games such as ddr/marvel 2/time crisis...ect and even do some outdoor things like putt-putt, go-karts, bumper boats and batting cages. There are plenty of things to do if you ever get bored of playing the games.
Here is a quick video of the tournament area (not set-up yet) as well as the arcade/food area (starting at 2:13).
DAY 1: May 3rd (Saturday) be here at 10am
Brawl 1vs1 pools
Brawl Low Tier 1vs1 (G/H tier of v7)
Melee 1vs1 pools
PM 1vs1 pools
Ssb64 1vs1 pools
Begin PSA 2vs2
Begin PSA 1vs1
Begin Brawl 2vs2
Begin Brawl Low+Mid Tier 2vs2 (D/E/F/G/H tier of v7)
Begin Melee 2vs2
Begin PM 2vs2
Begin Ssb64 2vs2
DAY 2: May 4th (Sunday) be here at 10am
Finish Brawl 2vs2
Finish Brawl Low+Mid Tier 2vs2 (D/E/F/G/H tier of v7)
Finish Melee 2vs2
Finish PM 2vs2
Finish Ssb64 2vs2
Finish PSA 1vs1
Finish PSA 2vs2
Brawl 1vs1 Bracket
Melee 1vs1 Bracket
PM 1vs1 Bracket
Finish anything not done on day 1
All players must pay the Venue Fee if they wish to compete at MLG. You can pay for Venue here: http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobomlg All other fees (1vs1/2vs2....et) will be payable at the door on the day of the event.
NOTE: There is a 200 player cap in place. Purchasing your venue fee guarantees you a spot in the MLG event so please do not procrastinate.
Online Venue Fee= 30$ (40$ at the door)
PSA 2vs2=$20 ($10 per person)
Brawl 1vs1= 10$
Brawl Low Tier (v7 G/H tier) 1vs1= 5$
Brawl 2vs2= 20$ (10$ per person)
Brawl Mid+Low Tier (v7 D/E/F/G/H tier) 2vs2= 10$ (5$ per person)
PM 1vs1= 10$
PM 2vs2= 20$ (10$ per person)
Melee 2vs2= 20$ (10 per person)
Payout for all 1vs1 events
Payout for all 2vs2 events
1. Kill Limit mode: 3 Kills
2. Items Spawn Rate set to "None"
3. Map Hazards set to "Off"
4. No character bans as of yet
5. Please do not use any game breaking glitches. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e.., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that game for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Modified Rules for Doubles
Kill Limit mode: 6 Kills
Set Procedure for Singles and Doubles
1. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
2. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method.Person(s) 1 strikes one neutral, followed by Person(s) 2 striking another neutral, and the match will be played on the last neutral.
3. The first match is played.
4. The Team that won the previous match may announce two "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
5. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
6. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
7. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 for all proceeding matches.
- San Francisco- Rival Arena
- Practice Small 2
- Practice Medium 1
- Practice Medium 1
- San Francisco
SETUPS:The success of this tournament depends on how many setups are brought. If you want this tourney to run as smooth as possible please bring extra setups. If there are not enough setups there will be no casuals or money matches played during the tournament. So make sure to bring extra tvs (CRTS more wanted), ps3s wiis, and copies of the games. If you cannot bring a full setup, please try your best to bring at least something.
Option 1: Make posts in this or the Smashboards thread and some player will probably come to your aide and house you. Sync (713)201-8338 usually houses people when it is tourney time in Houston, so give him a call/text. He possibly may charge a $5 fee to house with him.
Option 2: Go to hotels.com and enter the address of the venue and it will give the location of every single hotel in a 20 mile radius from the venue. Do this one fast otherwise you risk having the hotel already filled.
Option 3: Make a post here, SWF, or Facebook to find out who is staying at what hotel close to the venue. Offer to help pay for the cost of the hotel stay and they would most likely allow you to stay with them. Everything becomes cheaper, so I highly reccommend this.
Option 4: Go to couchsurfing.org to find people who house others for free all around the U.S (In this case you want Houston). You will not know who the person is until you get there, but you can always call beforehand. Many Smash Bros players have stated that this was an exceptional experience and is almost perfectly safe. Stay wary just in case though.
Option 1: Again, ask anyone on this thread, Smashboards or Facebook if you can carpool with them. I can be certain that someone will be willing to give you a ride if you live close enough.
Option 2: Go to megabus.com to find buses that can drive you to the area. This is EXTREMELY cheap, only at the fare of $1! You have to pay for it online, and the quicker you pay for it, the longer it only stays at a $1 price. The buses are clean and the service is great, so I highly recommend this.
Option 3: There are some cheap airline places that can be found on Hotwire, Orbitz, or Priceline. There are also other places to check out, so if you want to fly over to Houston feel free to check this all out.
1. BYOC and USB Wire(Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and USB wire and be prepared for every tournament set. A USB wire (the one that normally charges your controller) is needed to connect your PS3 controller to a PS3. Please bring your own wire to save lots of time.
2. In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon their judgement, the situation will be resolved.
3. Players who use the PS3 controller or fight stick must turn it off when not playing. If the PS3 controller or fight stick is still synced up to a PS3, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
4. For the purposes of simplicity, please do not use a PlayStation Vita.
5. You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a PS3 controller), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match has started and the game needs to be paused to adjust controls, pause to change controls ONLY if the opponent is not comboing, and you have alerted your opponent that you must pause. Both players must agree with each other when to unpause the game.
6. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
7. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 10 minutes to show up before a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organizer sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.
Smashboards version of the thread- http://smashboards.com/threads/may-3-2014-whobo-ml
Facebook page for the event-https://www.facebook.com/events/278250605676938
allisbrawl page- http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466
Livestream link- Coming soon
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me on the forums or on skype @ TheMasterGinta. I will be willing to give out my phone number and facebook contact information to those in need. I will also be willing to let people house with me if you are already confirmed going for free. Xyro77 will fill you in on anything Smash Bros, MLG, or his WHOBO events (This is one and are usually smash tournaments where players from across the world go to compete/have fun in smash) so feel free to give him a call/text at (409)692-0697. If you want to help out with anything please feel free to spread the word everywhere you possibly can, show as much support for the event as possible, and anything else you can possibly think of.