Nov 21 2012
By: Losing_Charlie I Only Post Everything 930 posts

PLAYSTATION ALL STARS: RAIDEN ROYAL

14 replies 847 views Edited Nov 21, 2012

Almost every match i have been in, it always has a Raiden in it.

Is he that good?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 15 (847 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Re: PLAYSTATION ALL STARS: RAIDEN ROYAL

Nov 21, 2012
Mmmm... No, he is just suitable for begginers, thats all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 2 of 15 (834 Views)
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Nov 21, 2012
I'm cool with raiden. Its just kratos I hate.
Message 3 of 15 (753 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1954 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

Yes he is, easily the most over powered character in the game, essentially makes it impossible for anyone to move. Sadly this game rewards speed of your character and nothing more. God forbid if you play as Sir Daniel vs. Raiden.... Granted, Sir Dan is already severly weakened compared to others anyways, especially with a lvl. 1 special that can't even attack horrizontally.....

*Edit* it is also worth pointing out that Raiden is especially worse too because he has  glitch that makes his supers infinite.... 

Message 4 of 15 (730 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Nov 21, 2012

my problem with Raiden has more to do with his supers than his move set.  Kratos, Dante, and Raiden all have great movesets, and therefore are great fallback characters for those just starting out (and honestly, Dante isn't really in the same league).  But Raiden's ults are ridiculous.  His level one is a crazy spinny nova of doom, his level 2 is as strong as Kratos level 3, it just doesn't make him all tall and crap... so in addition to having an immensely powerful and easy to pick up moveset, he has overpowered supers as well.

I'm trying to get good with Sweet Tooth at the moment.  He's really tough to get skilled with, and though he has some great close-range moves, getting in to deal the damage is a real toughie.  Whenever I see people with Raiden, with a ranked rating of like 80-100, I always just shake my head... it's like "yeah, congratulations, now do it with a character who's not OP"

Message 5 of 15 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
459 posts

Nov 21, 2012

I feel like you are just not good with the slower characters yet, they might not be as fast but if you can get their combos down they deal a ton of damage

Message 6 of 15 (687 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1954 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

bond2e2 wrote:

I feel like you are just not good with the slower characters yet, they might not be as fast but if you can get their combos down they deal a ton of damage

And I feel like you've never played as Sir Dan online against anyone who isn't also slow. As you clearly don't realize he can't even move against two even modere speed enemies. Especially given his lvl one special can only fire verticall or diagnally at really short range, then his lvl. 2 is as slow as he is, and his lvl. 3 is literally as slow as him as you have to move and keep with them to kill. He is quite useless against any decent speed enemy. 

Message 7 of 15 (672 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Nov 21, 2012

^ You're wrong. Sir Dan is a bamf. His combos lead into his level 1, and his level 2 hits just so much of the board. And I have played him online, a lot, since I think he's great. I've never had trouble with a Raiden beyond the trouble that comes with any other character. You just have to learn how to play against him, just like literally everyone else. 

Message 8 of 15 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 21, 2012
I honestly think Raiden is really bad, I always destroy him.
Message 9 of 15 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1954 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

Zunja wrote:

^ You're wrong. Sir Dan is a bamf. His combos lead into his level 1, and his level 2 hits just so much of the board. And I have played him online, a lot, since I think he's great. I've never had trouble with a Raiden beyond the trouble that comes with any other character. You just have to learn how to play against him, just like literally everyone else. 

I have played him as well, online, a lot. He is actually the only character I play for the most part, on or offline, no matter how bad he can be at times simply because Medievil was awesome. Smiley Tongue

He is the most vulnerable character to speed spam, and if they knock him to a corner you'll be there for most the game. Raiden is typically over powered over all, however he is certainly not the only one who can travel accross the map almost intantly, which wouldn't be a problem if certain characters were made so slow, Dan being the slowest. His supers are slow and his first is the absolute worst, it has no range, no matter how you alighn the combo unless you wedge them into a corner or you get lucky and they jump over you, as Dans upper cut does NOT align with his lvl. 1 super 9/10 of the time, if even that.... There is NO reason his super shouldn't be able to go horrizontally, or should have such limited range... 

Message 10 of 15 (576 Views)
0 Likes