Wastelander
690 posts

Re: PAUL G FINALLY SPOKE... REMAINING CHARACTERS

Oct 11, 2012

musicfreaklam wrote:

Okay I just thought of this theory and I think it makes a TON of sense!  Game companies these days have been losing money due to used game shops like GameStop and have resorted to including codes or extras in their new games to encourage people to buy new instead of used.  For example:

Mass Effect 2 came with the Cerberus Network DLC pack new, but used copies had to buy it for (I think) 15 bucks online.

Batman: Arkham City came with the Catwoman DLC pack new, but it was offered for a price online for those who bought it used.

Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition came with a free downloadable copy of the animated Batman: Year One movie.

I'm pretty sure the GoW Saga only comes with the PSP titles in a new copy, and the inFamous collection only comes with the FoB code in a new copy (I could be wrong on that one though).

Games like Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations instead come with a code to activate the multiplayer portion of the game that you instead would have had to buy separately if it was a used game.

So get this: Once SuperBot realized that their first beta got hacked and most of their characters were revealed, they got spooked.  There's already been evidence of the IP holders getting POed about the whole ordeal (see Raiden).  If they didn't want this mistake to happen again they would have been forced to remove the remaining characters from the new game builds, thus making them impossible to find.  This means these characters would have to be downloaded onto the disk at some point.  What if the remaining four characters (Old Snake, Cloud, Crash, and Wander) were added as a day-one downloadable code that came with free copies of the game, and would cost a price (say $15 or something) on PSN for those who bought PSASBR used.  This would verify all the confusion of "final launch roster" "final on-disk characters" and other conflicting information Omar and the SB team have been giving.

This also explains how Paul and his source have been seemingly been receiving mixed information lately.  And also the rumors of David Hayter voice acting, Cloud being mentioned by that German reporter, and the dodging questions about Crash.

Now, I'm not saying I absolutely believe Paul's source or his info, but I think that leaving these most-asked-for characters as free for new-buyers and premium for used-buyers would really get that cash flowing.  What do you guys think?

EDIT: I think I'm going to make this a new thread...

I already have a thread for this idea i made a while back, it makes a ton of sense, or at least something like it, like a weekly free character or something.

Message 51 of 72 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Oct 11, 2012

As much as i want to believe, Omars' response to the "Crash question" leaves virtually no room for hope. If they obtained the rights why would he and Chan Park emphasise how much they want Crash, how he isn't owned by Sony, that "it takes two to tango" and how they're "very interested in making it happen"?

The only thing that gives me a tiny bit of hope is, as someone said before, Omar seems to imply more characters after the crash statement and after discussing future dlc - "...but there's no more characters planned down the track or..?"

"Erm... None that I'll be talking about right now". (laughter)

Personally I'm not expecting anything, but I'm still hoping... Barely. <Smiley Sad

Message 52 of 72 (349 Views)
Sackboy
489 posts

Oct 11, 2012

I've thought about that too. If they're in, and I hope they're in, I sure hope that's the case. 

I just really hope that  it wasn't Superbot/Sony seeing the mass appeal of these characters, then the general concensous the fans want DLC, then got big dollar signs in there eyes at this opportunity to pull the most wanted characters out and sell them back to everyone later for an additional cost Day 1 DLC. 

A fair amount of purchases hang on the conclusion of each of those characters; yet nobody will purchase a game for content you have to pay an additional price for. That's just bad business. 

Still, hope they're in as apart of the Playstation Online Pass.

Message 53 of 72 (348 Views)
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Paul Gale... Can he be trusted?

Message 54 of 72 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Oct 11, 2012
YES oh my god kat and cloud!
Message 55 of 72 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

TastyBrains wrote:

Paul Gale... Can he be trusted?

Nobody knows...  

Message 56 of 72 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Oct 11, 2012
Meh I wasn't to excited for this...the thing about Kat caught my interest but either way this is probably gonna generate sells I hope
Message 57 of 72 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 11, 2012

ok, seriously?

no resistance rep?

they have an item, and like two stages,

but no rep?

crap...

Play For Fun!
Message 58 of 72 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Oct 11, 2012

achus93again wrote:

ok, seriously?

no resistance rep?

but no rep?

crap...

They have TWO items and two stages!

Haha, but yeah, I wish the Chimera was in--seeing how whacky and diverse his armory is and how recognizable he'd be onscreen. 

Message 59 of 72 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 11, 2012

DIONEDA wrote:

achus93again wrote:

ok, seriously?

no resistance rep?

but no rep?

crap...

They have TWO items and two stages!

Haha, but yeah, I wish the Chimera was in--seeing how whacky and diverse his armory is and how recognizable he'd be onscreen. 

two items?

geeze, man now i'm sad for resistance...

Play For Fun!
Message 60 of 72 (198 Views)
0 Likes