Wastelander
722 posts

Re: PAUL G FINALLY SPOKE... REMAINING CHARACTERS

Oct 10, 2012
I remember everyone laughing at a post I made months ago when I said the Chun-Li thing had some credibility. At least I get some vindication here.
Message 41 of 72 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Oct 10, 2012
Ive said this many times that SB is trying to trick everyone..Smiley Very Happy
 photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 42 of 72 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 10, 2012
We don't know yet though...
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 43 of 72 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Oct 10, 2012
They maybe unlockable, also... there are 4 stages left, Black rock Stadium, New Columbia, Invasion, and I forget the fourth...
Message 44 of 72 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Oct 10, 2012

joshTX wrote:
I remember everyone laughing at a post I made months ago when I said the Chun-Li thing had some credibility. At least I get some vindication here.

To be honest, I had a feeling she was considered for All-stars a long time ago. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 45 of 72 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Wasn't Paul Gales big thing that he didn't want to get his source in trouble. Apparently Superbot was giving out false information to root the person out. 

Doesn't putting the list of chars online go against trying to hide his friend. If they did give out false info it should be a lot easier to find the source now. I just don't get, unless Superbot only gave out the truth and these chars really are in, why he would do this if he was worried about his source.

Message 46 of 72 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Oct 10, 2012
^^^ yea somethings dont add up
Message 47 of 72 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

Okay I just thought of this theory and I think it makes a TON of sense!  Game companies these days have been losing money due to used game shops like GameStop and have resorted to including codes or extras in their new games to encourage people to buy new instead of used.  For example:

Mass Effect 2 came with the Cerberus Network DLC pack new, but used copies had to buy it for (I think) 15 bucks online.

Batman: Arkham City came with the Catwoman DLC pack new, but it was offered for a price online for those who bought it used.

Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition came with a free downloadable copy of the animated Batman: Year One movie.

I'm pretty sure the GoW Saga only comes with the PSP titles in a new copy, and the inFamous collection only comes with the FoB code in a new copy (I could be wrong on that one though).

Games like Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations instead come with a code to activate the multiplayer portion of the game that you instead would have had to buy separately if it was a used game.

So get this: Once SuperBot realized that their first beta got hacked and most of their characters were revealed, they got spooked.  There's already been evidence of the IP holders getting POed about the whole ordeal (see Raiden).  If they didn't want this mistake to happen again they would have been forced to remove the remaining characters from the new game builds, thus making them impossible to find.  This means these characters would have to be downloaded onto the disk at some point.  What if the remaining four characters (Old Snake, Cloud, Crash, and Wander) were added as a day-one downloadable code that came with free copies of the game, and would cost a price (say $15 or something) on PSN for those who bought PSASBR used.  This would verify all the confusion of "final launch roster" "final on-disk characters" and other conflicting information Omar and the SB team have been giving.

This also explains how Paul and his source have been seemingly been receiving mixed information lately.  And also the rumors of David Hayter voice acting, Cloud being mentioned by that German reporter, and the dodging questions about Crash.

Now, I'm not saying I absolutely believe Paul's source or his info, but I think that leaving these most-asked-for characters as free for new-buyers and premium for used-buyers would really get that cash flowing.  What do you guys think?

EDIT: I think I'm going to make this a new thread...

Message 48 of 72 (299 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Oct 11, 2012

That actually makes more sense than anything I've heard...

Message 49 of 72 (281 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Oct 11, 2012

musicfreaklam wrote:

Okay I just thought of this theory and I think it makes a TON of sense!  Game companies these days have been losing money due to used game shops like GameStop and have resorted to including codes or extras in their new games to encourage people to buy new instead of used.  For example:

Mass Effect 2 came with the Cerberus Network DLC pack new, but used copies had to buy it for (I think) 15 bucks online.

Batman: Arkham City came with the Catwoman DLC pack new, but it was offered for a price online for those who bought it used.

Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition came with a free downloadable copy of the animated Batman: Year One movie.

I'm pretty sure the GoW Saga only comes with the PSP titles in a new copy, and the inFamous collection only comes with the FoB code in a new copy (I could be wrong on that one though).

Games like Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations instead come with a code to activate the multiplayer portion of the game that you instead would have had to buy separately if it was a used game.

So get this: Once SuperBot realized that their first beta got hacked and most of their characters were revealed, they got spooked.  There's already been evidence of the IP holders getting POed about the whole ordeal (see Raiden).  If they didn't want this mistake to happen again they would have been forced to remove the remaining characters from the new game builds, thus making them impossible to find.  This means these characters would have to be downloaded onto the disk at some point.  What if the remaining four characters (Old Snake, Cloud, Crash, and Wander) were added as a day-one downloadable code that came with free copies of the game, and would cost a price (say $15 or something) on PSN for those who bought PSASBR used.  This would verify all the confusion of "final launch roster" "final on-disk characters" and other conflicting information Omar and the SB team have been giving.

This also explains how Paul and his source have been seemingly been receiving mixed information lately.  And also the rumors of David Hayter voice acting, Cloud being mentioned by that German reporter, and the dodging questions about Crash.

Now, I'm not saying I absolutely believe Paul's source or his info, but I think that leaving these most-asked-for characters as free for new-buyers and premium for used-buyers would really get that cash flowing.  What do you guys think?

EDIT: I think I'm going to make this a new thread...

It sort of makes sense... But would Activision / Square Enix really agree to such an arrangement? They've been relentlessly heckled over this. Superbot pretending the characters aren't in the game isn't helping those company's reputations at all. These companies have to sit back and take a public stoning, pretending their characters aren't in the final game, so a fledgling company like Superbot can adjust their marketing strategy and extirpate a rogue source? I don't know... I mean I know Superbot are backed by Sony but... eh.

That said, the best thing to do to if Activision and SE want to salve their reputation is to include their characters in the game, so maybe you're right. Otherwise the hate they're getting now won't let up.

Also I don't understand why Wander wouldn't be included, he's Sony's property...

Who knows though really?

Message 50 of 72 (222 Views)