Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Re: PAUL G FINALLY SPOKE... REMAINING CHARACTERS

Oct 11, 2012
Now...Superbot didn't tell Paul Gale not to leak the characters. I would assume they don't care if the fans know. Meaning they are probably fake, but saying that Paul was just lying this whole time feels like kind of a stretch. Now, I'm not going to say Superbot released false information. But it doesn't help them to have the information out there. If they were planned DLC, then why would they let it be leaked when they have the power to stop it? I guess what I am trying to say, is that it doesn't feel like it works in Superbot's favor that these characters aren't launch. Not to mention, they are saying that there is no DLC planned at this time. In other words...what the hell is Superbot planning, and how does Paul Gale fit in to that? I know a lot of people are going to say
"PAUL GALE IS A LIAR!!!"
But I haven't subscribed to that particular theory. I don't think anyone would give out that much information, or put themselves as out there as he has, without being certain the information isn't fabricated. So the question is, why let the information go? Even if they did release it to catch Gale's source, why would they leak false information that was so valuable. They pretty much gave the fans exactly what they wanted, but now it's fake. Why? And don't say it's a third party issue. Dart was a high demand character owned completely by Sony. If they knew people wanted him, why not include him? I don't know about you, but I think it's a lot more complicated than "Two to tango."

I posted this as a topic, but I started it before the topics blew up, and put it up too late. Regardless, it's just better to post on an existing thread.
Message 61 of 72 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Dont really know how to feel about this one. Cloud, Crash, Old Snake, Wander, Connor and Kat were in my final 6 for characters I wanted in the game that had a realistic chance. I dont think they are in though. I think Omar choose his words the way he did for a reason. They could very well be dlc later down the line, but on disk... i have to say no. They would have revealed Cloud and Old snake at TGS because that was their biggest market share for those characters. I think something happened with the negotiations, or paul was given false info.

Message 62 of 72 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Re: HE FINALLY SPOKE... REMAINING CHARACTERS

Oct 11, 2012

I dont really believe this but if these characters are DLC it will be stupid. Not everyone has internet and these characters should be on the cover to sell the game. Screw getting more money for DLC, they need people to actually buy the game first.

--------PlayStation All-Stars Arena-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, updates & fun!
Message 63 of 72 (263 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: HE FINALLY SPOKE... REMAINING CHARACTERS

Oct 11, 2012

Dammit... These characters would've basically made the final roster perfect.

Snake
Cloud
Crash
Spyro
Connor
Ryu/Chun-Li
Wander
Kat
Dart
Ico

I especially can't believe 1st party characters like Kat and Dart were cut Smiley Sad

Message 64 of 72 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Oct 11, 2012

musicfreaklam wrote:

Okay I just thought of this theory and I think it makes a TON of sense!  Game companies these days have been losing money due to used game shops like GameStop and have resorted to including codes or extras in their new games to encourage people to buy new instead of used.  For example:

Mass Effect 2 came with the Cerberus Network DLC pack new, but used copies had to buy it for (I think) 15 bucks online.

Batman: Arkham City came with the Catwoman DLC pack new, but it was offered for a price online for those who bought it used.

Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition came with a free downloadable copy of the animated Batman: Year One movie.

I'm pretty sure the GoW Saga only comes with the PSP titles in a new copy, and the inFamous collection only comes with the FoB code in a new copy (I could be wrong on that one though).

Games like Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations instead come with a code to activate the multiplayer portion of the game that you instead would have had to buy separately if it was a used game.

So get this: Once SuperBot realized that their first beta got hacked and most of their characters were revealed, they got spooked.  There's already been evidence of the IP holders getting POed about the whole ordeal (see Raiden).  If they didn't want this mistake to happen again they would have been forced to remove the remaining characters from the new game builds, thus making them impossible to find.  This means these characters would have to be downloaded onto the disk at some point.  What if the remaining four characters (Old Snake, Cloud, Crash, and Wander) were added as a day-one downloadable code that came with free copies of the game, and would cost a price (say $15 or something) on PSN for those who bought PSASBR used.  This would verify all the confusion of "final launch roster" "final on-disk characters" and other conflicting information Omar and the SB team have been giving.

This also explains how Paul and his source have been seemingly been receiving mixed information lately.  And also the rumors of David Hayter voice acting, Cloud being mentioned by that German reporter, and the dodging questions about Crash.

Now, I'm not saying I absolutely believe Paul's source or his info, but I think that leaving these most-asked-for characters as free for new-buyers and premium for used-buyers would really get that cash flowing.  What do you guys think?

EDIT: I think I'm going to make this a new thread...

Hey 

Yea thats some good logic but dont use the german report as evidence for cloud, he made a mistake and meant cole. His saying that we get a final fantasy character was solely based on the gamescom presentation and omar saying that they havent revealed a final fanstasy character yet.

Message 65 of 72 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Oct 11, 2012

In an interview released today, Omar was asked "Were there any characters or stages you explored but didn't make the final cut?"  And Omar replied with "Characters, no" and then went on to explain how stages like Hades have gone through multiple renditions and mash-ups.  Is this good news for PG's character list?

Message 66 of 72 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

Bad news - if no character was scrapped, it would mean all 10 characters from Paul's list would have made it in, and considering SuperBot hasn't begun work on DLC, those characters Paul Gale revealed would have had to have been on disc...which they aren't. So the PG leak finally debunked, lets put this to rest.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 67 of 72 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Oct 11, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Bad news - if no character was scrapped, it would mean all 10 characters from Paul's list would have made it in, and considering SuperBot hasn't begun work on DLC, those characters Paul Gale revealed would have had to been on disc...which they aren't. So the PG leak finally debunked, lets put this to rest finally.

Hmm.  Idk.  I just want to skip forward to Nov 20 and get all this speculation out of the way

Message 68 of 72 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 11, 2012
Amen to that, can't wait for it to launch so we can be done with all the speculation.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 69 of 72 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Oct 11, 2012
I'm starting to wonder if anyone from SB will release a statement about Gale. It's doubtful, but a possibility after release.

The game launches with the 20 expected characters, then 6 months later someone from SB does a random interview and says something like "Yeah we had this guy that made up a bunch of BS and got the fans all fired up, so people were **bleep** with our roster" or something to that effect.
Message 70 of 72 (79 Views)
0 Likes