Reply
Jan 27 2013
By: Jinx88 First Son 23 posts
Offline

Overpowered characters

32 replies 461 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

I know lots of people have complained about this,but there are too many overpowered characters in the game like kratos, raiden, drake, radec and dante. Seriously when i play online i always play against those characters, i never see a fat princess or sweeth tooth etc. I like to play as jak, ratchet and good cole. the most annoying character to play against is raiden i mean it takes so long to get out of his combo (triangle, triangle,triangle) and almost every move he makes can be a confirmed kill, i know this won't stop people from playing with 'them'but i have to say you're ruining the game for everybody else.

Message 1 of 33 (461 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/19/2012
Offline
29 posts
 

Re: Overpowered characters

Jan 27, 2013
Not radec. I prefer using Sir dan, he is that bad
Message 2 of 33 (451 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Overpowered characters

Jan 27, 2013

Radec is not overpowered. People figured out how to deal with him following the beta.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 3 of 33 (449 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/24/2013
Online
103 posts
 

Re: Overpowered characters

Jan 27, 2013

I hate to say this because irritates me as well, but you'll just have to find a way around it, or use somebody with long range to xounter them. I'll admit that Raiden is incredibly broken, but I highly doubt they'll ever change that stuff. You just gotta roll with the punches, mate.

Message 4 of 33 (443 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/24/2013
Online
103 posts
 

Re: Overpowered characters

Jan 27, 2013

LunarWingLuna wrote:

I hate to say this because irritates me as well, but you'll just have to find a way around it, or use somebody with long range to xounter them. I'll admit that Raiden is incredibly broken, but I highly doubt they'll ever change that stuff. You just gotta roll with the punches, mate.


I hate to say this because those characters irritate me as well, but you'll just have to find a way around it, or use somebody with long range to counter them. I'll admit that Raiden is incredibly broken, but I highly doubt they'll ever change that stuff. Kratos also attacks far too quickly and it's hard to get around his mindless, simplistic onslaught, but that's probably how Kratos really is in his game. I've never played God of War, and I never will, but I'm assuming he really plays like that to some degree, but I'll admit that they should slow him down a bit and they should decrease Raidens number of kill confirms. Raiden can already toss his level 1 super out there randomly and get easy kills which is more than what some characters can say because the range is ridiculous. Like, he doesn't need all of those hit confirms. Make those **bleep** holes work for it I say.

 

At the end of the day though, you've just gotta role with the punches. (I replied to my own post because I didn't want to delete it. I figured enough people saw that it would be stupid to edit, but I had more to say.)

Message 5 of 33 (433 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
1823 posts
 

Re: Overpowered characters

Jan 27, 2013

LunarWingLuna wrote:
Kratos also attacks far too quickly and it's hard to get around his mindless, simplistic onslaught, but that's probably how Kratos really is in his game. I've never played God of War, and I never will, but I'm assuming he really plays like that to some degree, but I'll admit that they should slow him down a bit

He's actually quite a bit slower in GoW than he is in All-Stars.

______________________________________________________________________________


I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:


Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg


Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.


Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 6 of 33 (420 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/18/2012
Offline
350 posts
 

Re: Overpowered characters

Jan 27, 2013

Jinx88 wrote:

I know lots of people have complained about this,but there are too many overpowered characters in the game like kratos, raiden, drake, radec and dante. Seriously when i play online i always play against those characters, i never see a fat princess or sweeth tooth etc. I like to play as jak, ratchet and good cole. the most annoying character to play against is raiden i mean it takes so long to get out of his combo (triangle, triangle,triangle) and almost every move he makes can be a confirmed kill, i know this won't stop people from playing with 'them'but i have to say you're ruining the game for everybody else.


Can you be more specific of how are they OP? I believe Fat P is more OP then any of the mentioned character. trust me you wouldnt want to see her more then raiden. Raiden is very predictable. in air he dashes or short hop he dashes just block then punish him or block and grab... i have no idea how dante,radec,drake, are OP... maybe kratos a little.. i believe his nutral sq is too fast if he spams it in yur face yu cant roll or hit or grab just hold block. but his front sq is not bad at all... you say yu play as jak, ratchet, and good cole. how is your playstyle. go far away and shoot? Maybe is the way yur playing..

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Message 7 of 33 (409 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 08/23/2012
Offline
23 posts
 

Re: Overpowered characters

Jan 27, 2013

Radec is overpowered, i mean yes there are characters that can handle him but i mean if you're playing on a big map like sly cooper's level, it takes a while to get to the other side and radec can keep spamming with his sniper while you're getting towards him.

Message 8 of 33 (408 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/24/2013
Online
103 posts
 

Re: Overpowered characters

Jan 27, 2013

Negimafan wrote:

He's actually quite a bit slower in GoW than he is in All-Stars.


You totally just reinforced the fact that he SHOULD be slower. Honestly, that pisses me off. Why would they make him so fast if he isn't that quick in reality? I'm incredibly unamused by that newfound knowledge. Thank you for that tidbit. Now I actually have an excuse to be upset with his character.

Message 9 of 33 (407 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/20/2012
Offline
408 posts
 

Re: Overpowered characters

Jan 27, 2013

Radec is overpowered when you have two or more in a group. It is usually game over when facing against two Radecs on a team.

Message 10 of 33 (401 Views)
Reply
0 Likes