Re: Over powered characters...

Nov 24, 2012

Message 41 of 51 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
665 posts

Nov 24, 2012
I really hate how long sackboys level three lasts for putting aside all the spamming people do with him
Message 42 of 51 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Nov 24, 2012

im a black belt lvl 568 with sackboy, i know the in's and out's of him, the problem isnt that he is over pwered, its that, in a FFA i can sit there and hit tou with cake, while you guys are falling over eachother with attacks,, you just need to get close on sackboy, trust me when i say, there is one thing i hate as a sackboy player, its whene i am cmstantly attacked by a single player, whome knows my stratiegy,  all im sayn is, if you see sackboy spamming, getup there and stop him, dont complain.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario kills turtles..... kratos kills gods.

looking for some art to look at! look no further!
www.noahmorrow.deviantart.com/

Message 43 of 51 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 24, 2012
I know, most FFAs ppl avoid sackboy and wonder how he builds his AP so quick.
Message 44 of 51 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
552 posts

Nov 24, 2012
I always run into kratos's but i never fight ANY sackboys, and yeah kratos is really op.
Message 45 of 51 (138 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

nostalgia328 wrote:

Just because you find those characters as a problem doesn't mean they r OP.  You just need to get better.  They should set it up so you play ppl your own level though.  I rarely play any other black belts.  Kratos and sackboys AP gain are fine.  Only reason they raise so fast is because you guys get into nice little clumps so they can hit you all at the same time and you triple there AP per atk.  That's not cheap, you just need to strategize and stop hitting square hoping someone gets hit.

if that is true, that the answer is always "you just need to get better".... then why from what I hear, is most of the super smash bros characters, stages, and items, banned from any official stuff? ( and do not say this is not smash does not count, cause you said "you just need to get better"it is the same basic idea. And I am rank 50 in FFA so I think I do nedd to get a LITTLE better lol)

Photobucket
Message 46 of 51 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

@Apeman24

most stages are "banned" on Smash Bros because players just want final destination to fight on(no hazards).  Also characters from  Smash can be used to stall or you can use the stage to "cheat"  with certain chars.  It's got nothing to do with the character and tthe skills against another player.  Sorry I don't get your point @.@.

Message 47 of 51 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Sigh.......why nerf?  Why not just make the lamer characters better.  Nothing sucks more than practicing with a character for a long time and then having them nerfed to nothing.  Jax needs to be omproved maybe even an arguement for Sir Dan.  But nerfing characters are for people who just can't handle the particular character they want nerfed.  I HATE using Nathan Drake but countless times i have played against skilled enough players were they are able to kick **bleep** in a Free For All match against 3 Kratos's.  Practice makes perfect.  As soon as you start nerfing characters thatws when my little brother just cant pick up the controller and enjoy using his fav characters.  There is also some strategy to throwing characters.  As soon as that sackboy get a level 2 try throwing his **bleep** around and knocking AP out of him.  Button mashing is NOT the strategy here you need to be aware of the characters around you.  If 3 people let sackboy get his level 3 going thats their own **bleep** fault.  I'm more worried about his level 2.

Message 48 of 51 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2338 posts

Nov 24, 2012
I mainly play 2v2 with my boyfriend and the Sackboys we've ran into corner themselves into a wall with a shock pad, fan, and either cake/jelly. I use Nate/Dante and they don't have the best projectiles (since Nate's don't travel across the stage like Radec's) so it's a challenge to just go after him while I have the other person running around the stage chasing me as well.

I'm sorry but I just don't see the "skill" in a Sackboy putting his back against a wall and standing on a shockpad the entire 3 minutes till he gets a level 3.
Photobucket
Message 49 of 51 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

@DiamondDust816

Drake's grenades and his zipline can break sackboy's shock pad and you still have time to combo him.  Sackboy isn't a melee heavy character, you would own him if you were up close so he needs tools to "keep away".  All the other characters have ways of breaking his shock pad.  Also depending on the stage ou don't have to chase sackboy, just stay out of his reach and he will have to come to you(unless you are on parappa's dojo but the stage is small enough to keep him from attacking a lot).  His most valuable skill is the jelly cause it can hit multiple players and multiply his AP gain and that atk takes about 2 seconds per use(If you are on his *bleep* then he can't use it that often.  His cake attack builds up AP the same speed as Parappa's boombox which is far from unfair. 

Message 50 of 51 (77 Views)
0 Likes