Aug 31 2012
By: ResistanceMan236 I Only Post Everything 967 posts

Ostrava of Boletaria (Demons Souls) Move set!

[ Edited ]
13 replies 1895 views Edited Sep 1, 2012

I decided on Ostrava for the Demons souls representative because I think he has a lot of potential as a character. We (or at least I) don't know much about him, which lets me go a bit further with his moveset. If I was doing someone like Garl vinland, I would only be able to make him have his weapon and a few miracles that he uses. But with Ostrava, I can make him have more, he's basically the knight class, but with a more unique story and cooler sword and shield. This is the manlier version of ostrava, since in the game, he pretty much could not fight to save his life. In some parts of his move set I really hope I captured the essence of Demons souls, so without further adu, I give you Ostrava of Bolataria!

1064043-ostrava_large.jpg

Key

S = Square button

T = Triangle button

C = circle button

<l> or ^ or v = Direction of D-pad

(A) = Can be done in the air

(A O) = Can only be done in the air

(G O) = Can only be done on the ground

Alt. Costumes

Blue Phantom Ostrava

Black Phantom Ostrava

Soul form Ostrava

NOTE: These things will drastically change how Ostrava plays in PSBR!! 1.In demons souls, you couldn't jump. Ostrava will be able to jump in this game, only it will be a very small jump. Don't worry though, Im going to give him a move that will help him traverse the levels. 2. Any Ap Ostrava knocks out of players can only be picked up by HIM ONLY, and if its 2 vs. 2, HIS TEAMMATE can also pick up the Ap he knocks out. This is because im kind of making a link between souls and Ap. In DS if you killed a bad guy, you got souls. If someone was on your team, they got the souls to. 3. Following up on #2, in a 2 vs. 2 match, any Ap collected by Ostrava or his allie will be given to both teammates.

4. When Ostrava falls, and when ever he touchs someone while falling, he will cause a small knockback. Also when he lands, he will perform a small roll, which will also cause small knockback.

Square Button

S (A) / Slash. A simple slash, combo is same as it was in DS. Small-medium knockback, small-medium Ap gain.

S <l> (G O) / Rune sword Stab. A trot forward then a stab, same as in the game. Medium-large knockback, medium Ap gain.

S ^ (A) / Rune sword uppercut, hits in front, then above. Used for knocking opponents into the air and hitting airborne players. Medium knockback, medium-small Ap gain.

S v (A O) / Falling attack. I know this attack was only in Dark souls, but still. Large knockback, small-medium Ap gain.

Triangle Button

T (A) / Ignite. Short range fire explosion. Large knockback, medium-small Ap gain.

T <l> (A) / Soul arrow. I always thought of him more as a crossbow person though. If Crossbow: Medium knockback, Medium Ap gain. If Soul arrow: Small knockback, Small-medium Ap gain. I think soul arrow since his weapons do magic damage and the T button is magic.

T v (G O) / Firestorm. Kneels down with catalyst in hand, and fire erupts around him. Medium-large knockback, Large Ap gain, Can be interrupted while kneeling.

T ^ (G O) / Homing soul arrow. Summons the homing soul arrow swarm above his head. If more then one player is in range they will lock on and split accordingly. If only one is in range, they will all shoot at him, and so on and so forth with the amount of players in range. Medium-small knockback, Large Ap gain, can be interrupted while summoning.

Circle Button

C (A) / needle of enternal agony. No knockback, super small Ap gain. SPECIAL: knocks Ap out of players, like in the game how it took souls from the target.

C <l> (G O) / Scraping spear. Medium knockback, small Ap gain. SPECIAL: Destroys Ap of target on each hit. Long range attack.

C ^ (G O) / Storm king sword. Raises storm king into the air and shoots a storm beast thorn into the air. Medium-Large knockback, medium large-Ap gain.

C v (G O) / Insanity catalyst. Stabs the insanity catalyst into the ground and yellow cloth wraps around surrounding players feet. no knockback or Ap gain.

Special X button moves for mobility

I don't know if the jump button can be used in such a way but, hey, we can dream.

X ^ (A) / Ladder. Climbs up a ladder to reach higher heights.

X v (A O) / platform. Summons a platform to stand on. All players can use this platform, but they cannot fall or jump through it. Ostrava may use all of his moves while on this platform. Can only have two platforms at a time.

Supers

Level 1/ Riposte / I thought this one was perfect because, the super button is R2 right? Well in Demons souls, the Riposte button is also R2. Ostrava blocks with his shield, and when a player hits him, be it with a normal attack or a close range super, Ostrava will block, then stab whoever hit him. His stab goes through the player, so if anyone's behind him... Max kills: three.

Level 2/ Insanity catalyst / Ostrava uses the insanity catalyst and he gets that ridiculous yellow robe hat. He now has the spells fireball: shoots an exploding fireball, Soul ray: same as soul arrow, only it penetrates, and Poison cloud: makes a poisonous cloud that kills whoever enters (excluding Ostrava). Now he moves much slower and cannot control where he goes, only where he aims. Don't worry, its not another FPS. NOTE: Demons souls is a relentless game, it has no pause, it will not stop until it has killed you, so, Ostrava can kill people who have just re-spawned using his supers. Your little blinking shield cannot help you against this foe....

Level 3/ Welcome to Boletaria (Survival of the fittest, Demon horde, I have many names for this one) / This one I can't fully put into words. Right off the bat Im going to say Ostrava can die too, but it takes three hits to kill him. I think It should be that when Ostrava dies, the onslaught ends, because this is probably OP. Also when he dies, the infamous YOU DIED will be shown, hindering all of the players views. Players will not be able to kill Ostrava, only slow him down and try to make him get hit. This attack is basically all (or at least a good portion) of the demons doing certain attacks. First It will zoom in on Ostrava, who will look down in a crestfallen manner and say, "they are coming". Leechmounger coats the bottom of the stage with leeches. these will not kill you but will slow you down and suck Ap. Meanwhile the other demons will do their attacks. Phalanx will throw spears across the screen, Flamelurker will jump on, smash his fists and cause an explosion, jump off. Penetrator will do a dashing stab, if he gets a player, he will then fling them off his sword. Storm king will shoot off his bladed storm beasts diagonally. Dragon god will either smash or flame an entire side of the stage. Maiden Astrona summons a couple of Plague babies to terrorize the players, though the babies cannot jump and can be killed. And finally, since if one was skilled enough, he could keep Ostrava alive for a long time. Old king Allant appears in the middle, charges up his sword, and does that explosion attack killing all player except Ostrava. These could only be some of the demons attacks, and only some of the Demons. After Allant does his attack. The screen would be coated in the colorless fog and then the screen would go back to normal. Some ending saying for this super might be, "Father!" and "what has Boletaria become?"

Block: Uses his Rune shield.

Taunt: Either the "hurrah!" taunt or the "bow" taunt

Battle intro: Ostrava takes a defensive stance and says "I have defeated Demons ten times your size. What hope do you have against me?" or "You don't look soul starved, why do you fight me?"

Death sayings: "I'll be back..." or "(insert demons souls death sound here)"

Revive sayings: "back from the Nexus!" or " You cannot defeat me!"

Battle win: Ostrava's Anguit of souls glows and he sheaths his sword and says "You shall not stop me from reaching my father!"

Battle lose: Ostrava drops his sword and shield, falls to his knees, then falls over.

Score screen win: Ostrava has his sword sheathed and is holding in his hand a soul.

Score screen lose: In the background you can see Ostravas dissolving body, but the death screen of, YOU DIED will be in the way, like in the game.

Umbassa that was a lot of typing!! I may have missed some things in this move set, so if you see them, tell me. Soon im going to be making the Offical move set thread, so if you have a move set you'ed like posted, tell me! Hope you enjoyed it!

Photobucket
Message 1 of 14 (1,895 Views)
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Re: Ostrava of Boletaria (Demons Souls) Move set!

Aug 31, 2012

As a hardcore souls game fan, all I have to say is....

OSTRAVA SUCKS, HES A COWARD AND I HATE HAVING TO SAVE HIS @$$ ALL THE **bleep** TIME IN DEMON'S SOULS.

Solaire of Astora or False king Alant for All stars :manlol:

Message 2 of 14 (1,882 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Aug 31, 2012

khknight wrote:

OSTRAVA SUCKS, HES A COWARD AND I HATE HAVING TO SAVE HIS @$$ ALL THE **bleep** TIME IN DEMON'S SOULS.

I know! I said that this is the manlier version of Ostrava!

Photobucket
Message 3 of 14 (1,866 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Aug 31, 2012

ResistanceMan236 wrote:

khknight wrote:

I know! I said that this is the manlier version of Ostrava!

and If enough people feel that strongly about it, I might change it to... Biorr? Maybe Yurt cause he was cool. But those people dont represent Demons souls as much as Ostrava does.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 14 (1,854 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Aug 31, 2012

bump

Photobucket
Message 5 of 14 (1,839 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Aug 31, 2012

Good moveset! But if i were making PSASBR, I would add the "Chosen Undead." That would represent the player character and you could use a wide range of attacks from both games. Ostrava has cool armor, but he is kind of a pansy.

Message 6 of 14 (1,822 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Aug 31, 2012

barker09 wrote:

Good moveset! But if i were making PSASBR, I would add the "Chosen Undead." That would represent the player character and you could use a wide range of attacks from both games. Ostrava has cool armor, but he is kind of a pansy.

Thank you. I think we need more first party characters, and Demons souls was better then Dark souls in my opinion. Yess, Ostrava is a bit of a pansy, but he fights more then Parappa the Rapper and Fat princess. and besides, he's not completly worlthess, he can kill groups of about five soldiers.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 14 (1,807 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Aug 31, 2012

I would love for Demons Souls to be represented in this game.

Message 8 of 14 (1,796 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Sep 1, 2012

I would too. Its one of my favorite Ps3 games.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 14 (1,773 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
488 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

It needs to be ostrava plus he could have some alternate armors. DS armors look so badass! Maybe let you customize him and mix and match armor just like in DS.

j

;p

g

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum

Photobucket
Message 10 of 14 (1,765 Views)
0 Likes