Nov 28 2012
By: Robsonmonkey Lombax Warrior 187 posts

Optional...and I Said OPTIONAL Health Mode as DLC Please Superbot

[ Edited ]
27 replies 323 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

Please , Please, Please can we get a health similar to The Outfoxies or like Super Smash Bros in the game as DLC please, as long as it's optional then people can't complain about it being included. I just feel sometimes the games, with friends and online, would be better if we could beat the crap out of each other and win without relying on Supers all the time. I mean there fun but for some they get a little boring after a while, least when you beat the crap out of your friends in SSB for example theres a few differnt ways to do it

I can't be the only person wanting some new modes like this....I'd rather have this then characters which, in my opinion, should of already been included in the game, crap third party characters and missing characters is another story, hopefully that will be fixed in the sequel...cough cough classic Dante instead of the new one no one likes and characters like Snake who should of been already in this from the start, Konami/Kojima have good relationships with Sony so there wasn't a problem there..ANYWAY sorry for going off topic...hopefully Superbot will read this and do this mode as DLC.

Oh and does anyone think it would be better if your "Minion" was a full character cheering you on in the back somewhere, interacting with the dynamic backgrounds instead of being a crappy little mini cartoon character.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (323 Views)
Sackboy
559 posts

Re: Optional...and I Said OPTIONAL Health Mode as DLC Please Superbot

Nov 28, 2012
Seconded.
It would really add another level of gameplay, as dodging and blocking would be even more important. Perhaps landing combo sets allows you to regain health.

(Characters who combo well restore less health, and have slightly lower base health... Characters who have to set this up/get into position will have more health.. or something.. idk)
o3o' if your reading this! You need to like kitties more!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 28 (312 Views)
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Kabikaz wrote:
Seconded.
It would really add another level of gameplay, as dodging and blocking would be even more important. Perhaps landing combo sets allows you to regain health.

(Characters who combo well restore less health, and have slightly lower base health... Characters who have to set this up/get into position will have more health.. or something.. idk)

Excatly, they could expand on the game and use it to experiment with things they would want to try in the sequel, it's better then doing a sequel, adding something in and then it's either broken or dosen't work very well.

Plus they could add more items like health packs and items which give you a power boost

I mean I'm playing the game and theres so many attacks which if you time it right blasts the character in the air or the other side of the screen, it was kind of Smash Bros like in my opinion, as the health goes down they are more vunrable to knock off the stage. When it depletes you can do a good combo and they will fly off the stage.

Supers could just be item based, like if you see a Bronze Playstation logo as an item it's LV1, Silver LV2 and Gold Lv3 etc....a Platnium would make you invincible for a short time

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 28 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
615 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Things like parappas boxy beats and toros sleep would need to be tweaked.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 28 (282 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Nov 28, 2012

more modes = more things to do = more fun (most of the time = a longer lasting community = more $ = happy sony = playstation allstars2 = happy fans = more money for sony. And the cycle continues.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 28 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Am I the only one who thought the 8-player CTF thing was a good idea? Make a huge sidescrolling map with a flag per base. It'd be like a sidescrolling Fat Princess.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (272 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I don't know how they will balance it but it sounds fun.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 28 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

shadow9531 wrote:
Things like parappas boxy beats and toros sleep would need to be tweaked.

Oh god yeah they would need to be tweaked but when adding new modes in games like this things need to be tweaked and over looked again to find a good balance for that mode type.

I mean these guys are developers when developing DLC it's obvious they would have to spend time balancing it, it's not impossible to do but I'm not saying it will be easy

Any health based mode would suit me

Percentage, Health Bar, Colours (Blue Glue Good - Red Dead) etc

As long as your combos are rewarded like you could knock them off the stage the more damage you do to them....I mean they could do that or once you health is depleted your dead...end of.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 28 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Nov 28, 2012
There should also be a "Fusion" mode that would combine the two concepts so players would still be encouraged to get in the fight.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 28 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
559 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Well, it could have two bars.

If you build up a super, you can heal yourself for way more then comboing.

but super build is greatly slowed.

unno. we'd have to math out the individual characters.

o3o' if your reading this! You need to like kitties more!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 28 (241 Views)
0 Likes