Highlighted
Sep 29 2012
By: DomOB315 First Son 18 posts

Opinions on All Stars and The Controversy

2 replies 145 views Edited Sep 29, 2012

THOUGHTS ON THE DEMO:

I've been dying to play All-Stars for a while and recently, I found that a Gamestop relatively close to me has the game in store. I went to play and the 4 characters available were the typical demo characters: Jak & Daxter, Big Daddy, Parappa, and Kratos. Now, I thought I would end up just preferring Big Daddy most but I heard Jak was a good starter character and so I picked him. I've watched a lot of videos and played a good deal of fighting games so I picked this up pretty quick and I absolutely LOVED Jak.

Now why am I making it a point to say this? Because along with Jak I loved the other 3 characters as well (although Kratos DOES seem a bit OP. He gains AP pretty quickly on top of the fact he can combo really well) I had fun with just these 4 and so with 5 times this amount I bet I'll have even more fun. The game actually looks way more colorful and gorgeous in person. Any doubts I had about the game are gone and I do still intend to buy

CHARACTER CONTROVERSY CONCERN:

I do have concerns though. I don't think Raiden deserves a spot over someone like Crash or Cloud. While I think they will be made into DLC, I'm dissappointed in SuperBot as they claimed they wouldn't begin DLC until AFTER the game was released. Perhaps they filled as much as they could on the disc? I'd like to assume it's that but if it was, honestly I could deal with Raiden as DLC and instead putting Crash or Cloud. 
The reason why I specifically point out Raiden is because I don't think he's done anything for the Playstation brand in specific (although, to be honest, he HAS done more than Big Daddy) 

IF YOU DIDN'T READ THE REST OF THIS, THAT'S FINE BUT READ THIS PLEASE:

I understand a lot of people are upset, but there are certain characters who I don't think deserve the anger, namely Toro. While a lot of people here in Western states may not understand why he's in, you have to get that to the Japanese (and others, I just know the Japanese love him) Toro is a very important character that is linked EXTREMELY closely to the PS3. I'd venture to say he is to PS3 and Master Cheif is to X-Box. That being said, I don't think he deserves the criticism. The rest of the  characters, frankly, make some sense to me aside from Big Daddy and Raiden. Tekken was one of my first Playstation games and Heihachi was such a notable guy. Dante (even in new DmC form which, IMO, looks fun) was huge on PS2. I have all the PS2 Devil May Cry games and I'm not really that upset it's new Dante. Seems like he plays excellently. I'll stop with justifications for characters there but basically, if these 20 characters are it than that's okay, but I do hope they add more or have some secrets we don't know about.

Message 1 of 3 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Re: Opinions on All Stars and The Controversy

Sep 29, 2012

I agree with everything you said... except about raiden thats the only part I disaggree with.   Now I recently became a MGS fan and I see where your going with the whole "unimportant to PS'  but he is sort of the rep for MGS atm and MGS is huge to PlayStation.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 2 of 3 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Re: Opinions on All Stars and The Controversy

Sep 29, 2012

You may just be more well knowledged on that than I am, aha.
I've been dying to play a Metal Gear game for a long time, but haven't had the chance to.
In fact, I just recently finished Bioshock. Hard to game with no money :I

Still, I suppose I see where you're coming from and he does have selling power but I think Snake would have just as reasonable if not a more viable choice. 

But comparisons to Smash would go crazy I suppose. Don't know how they'd make his style work too amongst the other shooters too.

I'm just still partially hoping that Cloud or some FF Rep, or Crash or (and this probably definitely won't happen) Sora get in the game without having to pay for DLC.

If that's what it comes to though then I'll probably purchase it. I just don't want them to go the Capcom route.

Message 3 of 3 (115 Views)
0 Likes