Wastelander
682 posts

Re: Online Pass Dilemma

Sep 17, 2012
i really hate online passes. its not a problem on the ps3 since theres multiple log ins but for the vita thats a HUGE problem. basically LBP vita (or any other online sony game) is actually $50 because of the pass crap. i wish theyd get rid of that shizz.

COME ON, PRINNY FOR PASBR!!
Message 61 of 77 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2905 posts

Sep 17, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Anyway, back on topic. D-Squad, who's actually buying your copy of PSASBR? Are you guys splitting the bill or is one of you buying it? Because from what I understand you're buying one PS3 copy for the three of you to play from different PS3's, and you're all buying the Vita version? If you guys are simply sharing the price of PSASBR, then you guys can split the price of a third online pass (IIRC PSN allows two uses of DLC via Gameshare). That's $3 each, and isn't bad at all for allowing all three of you to play.

If you're all buying the Vita version, the solution may be simple: One of you pay $60 for the PS3 version, with the other two paying $40 for their own Vita versions (which they'd have to do regardless if they want to play on Vita). Then you have a PS3 and a Vita version yourself, and they each have the Vita version, all with online passes. Alternatively, one of you pay $40 of the PS3 version, and the other two pay $20 each (10 for their share of the PS3 game and 10 for the online pass). None of you are paying full price (well, you are for the Vita version), and then all of you have an online pass and partial ownership of the PS3 version.

Your situation seems oddly complex, but not very difficult to solve.

I'm the one paying for everything, which is why it's a problem for me. I know that I'm probably the only one with this problem, but it's still a problem for me. So basically I'm paying $100 for both and $20 so we can all play online on our own Vitas.

And my main concern is the fact that bringing this game to a friends house won't allow us to play online together unless I bring my PS3 or put my own account on my friend's PS3. FYI I have more than just one friend so putting my account on all the PS3s is definitely not a solution. Back then was nice when we could just bring our games and play, the online pass just complicates this scenario.

I understand why the online pass was implemented, I'm just saying it sucks for people who have the same situation as I do.

Message 62 of 77 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 17, 2012

UnleashedMonkey wrote:
i really hate online passes. its not a problem on the ps3 since theres multiple log ins but for the vita thats a HUGE problem. basically LBP vita (or any other online sony game) is actually $50 because of the pass crap. i wish theyd get rid of that shizz.

how??? if you buy it new it comes with it? ;o

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 63 of 77 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 17, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Anyway, back on topic. D-Squad, who's actually buying your copy of PSASBR? Are you guys splitting the bill or is one of you buying it? Because from what I understand you're buying one PS3 copy for the three of you to play from different PS3's, and you're all buying the Vita version? If you guys are simply sharing the price of PSASBR, then you guys can split the price of a third online pass (IIRC PSN allows two uses of DLC via Gameshare). That's $3 each, and isn't bad at all for allowing all three of you to play.

If you're all buying the Vita version, the solution may be simple: One of you pay $60 for the PS3 version, with the other two paying $40 for their own Vita versions (which they'd have to do regardless if they want to play on Vita). Then you have a PS3 and a Vita version yourself, and they each have the Vita version, all with online passes. Alternatively, one of you pay $40 of the PS3 version, and the other two pay $20 each (10 for their share of the PS3 game and 10 for the online pass). None of you are paying full price (well, you are for the Vita version), and then all of you have an online pass and partial ownership of the PS3 version.

Your situation seems oddly complex, but not very difficult to solve.

I'm the one paying for everything, which is why it's a problem for me. I know that I'm probably the only one with this problem, but it's still a problem for me. So basically I'm paying $100 for both and $20 so we can all play online on our own Vitas.

And my main concern is the fact that bringing this game to a friends house won't allow us to play online together unless I bring my PS3 or put my own account on my friend's PS3. FYI I have more than just one friend so putting my account on all the PS3s is definitely not a solution. Back then was nice when we could just bring our games and play, the online pass just complicates this scenario.

I understand why the online pass was implemented, I'm just saying it sucks for people who have the same situation as I do.

back then? o.0 how long have you been playing a game online with other people with your friend right next to you playing? i dont know of to many games like that personally

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 64 of 77 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 17, 2012
Wait, why are you paying $100? If you pay $60 for PS3, you get the Vita version free. Unless you happen to be one of those guys that wants a physical copy.

My real issue is that if they like the game, why wouldn't they just buy their own copy? That'd solve quite a few issues in itself. I'm just storming up a few thoughts in hope of helping, though, so I don't really know the scenario well enough.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 65 of 77 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Sep 17, 2012

All I know is, Superbot in an interview(I think... it might have been a twitter/facebook post) wants this game to be accessable for everyone. The best way is to not force an online pass, because it'll make playing online a breeze.

Message 66 of 77 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2905 posts

Sep 17, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Wait, why are you paying $100? If you pay $60 for PS3, you get the Vita version free. Unless you happen to be one of those guys that wants a physical copy.

My real issue is that if they like the game, why wouldn't they just buy their own copy? That'd solve quite a few issues in itself. I'm just storming up a few thoughts in hope of helping, though, so I don't really know the scenario well enough.

Yes I'm getting the physicaly copy as well so we can all the on our own Vitas.

And with the friend situation, most of my friends are casual gamers, they hardly ever buy games unless they're really popular.

Message 67 of 77 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 17, 2012
I have no idea what you are trying to say D-Squad..
Message 68 of 77 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Sep 17, 2012
"4.Do two users in the same household-but with different user profiles on their console-need to purchase a second Online Pass for both users to be able to play?

Yes, Online Passes can only be used for one user profile. Additional Online Passes must be purchased for each additional user."

https://help.ea.com/article/ea-online-pass-faq

Photobucket
Message 69 of 77 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 17, 2012
Don't think that's actually true. Same way you can "technically" share DLC and games between different users even if they didn't buy it.
Message 70 of 77 (75 Views)
0 Likes