Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: Online Pass Dilemma

Sep 16, 2012

for the ps3 if its all on one system you can play online, but for the vitas you will need the game for all 3 first of all, than an online pass for each.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 11 of 77 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 16, 2012

forest1903 wrote:

Why aren't we communicating to Sony that the online pass is not acceptable? I think this alone more than shows that the online pass is simply more trouble than it is worth.

because its a good idea to have it, as much as i love preowned games, companies lose money over that, online passes at least gets them some money from it. and you dont have to play online.

Message 12 of 77 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Sep 16, 2012

littlebigplanet vita has online pass too.....

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 13 of 77 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Sep 16, 2012
I just hope there won't be an online pass for this game, if so, then I can be glad to say that I'm more of a offline, 4P brawler instead.

Message 14 of 77 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 16, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

forest1903 wrote:

Why aren't we communicating to Sony that the online pass is not acceptable? I think this alone more than shows that the online pass is simply more trouble than it is worth.

because its a good idea to have it, as much as i love preowned games, companies lose money over that, online passes at least gets them some money from it. and you dont have to play online.

You've been brainwashed. "companies lose money" lol. stop being silly.

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 15 of 77 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2012

Wolfakz wrote:

Im thinking that there wont be an online pass. My reasoning for this is: no Vita games have online passes (that I know of). Because of its release on Vita, this almost guarantees no passes.

Wipeout 2048 does have an online pass.

On-topic: Unless you are considering buying the game used or using more than one account, an online pass shouldn't be an issue. In your case, maybe there will be an exception, since you are buying both versions (again, if you are buying both versions  new, this shouldn't be an issue). Idk what to tell you about your other family members though. They might not have to buy an online pass since will have one on your account.

Message 16 of 77 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 16, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

forest1903 wrote:

You've been brainwashed. "companies lose money" lol. stop being silly.

i havent been brainwashed. how dont they lose money? Think about it, if 100,000 people buy a game, but 900,000 people buy the game preowned, sure it sold a million copies, but you know what? They got the money from 100,000 copies. Online passes are great for the companies that work on games. Nobody is forcing you to play online, i prefer local co-op for any game anyways;o

Message 17 of 77 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Wolfakz wrote:

Im thinking that there wont be an online pass. My reasoning for this is: no Vita games have online passes (that I know of). Because of its release on Vita, this almost guarantees no passes.

1) Many games for the Vita have online passes. To name a few, WipEout 2048, Resistance: Burning Skies, Mortal Kombat, Everybody Golf, and many more

2) The online pass is FREE with the purchase of said game, you don't purchase the game AND the online pass

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 18 of 77 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Sep 16, 2012
Also, the online pass is a GOOD thing in this case. Helps SB from not losing money. I'm pretty sure All-Stars will have an online pass, which will link the Vita version to your account, therefore, you not being able to sell it.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 19 of 77 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

Wolfakz wrote:

1) Many games for the Vita have online passes. To name a few, WipEout 2048, Resistance: Burning Skies, Mortal Kombat, Everybody Golf, and many more

2) The online pass is FREE with the purchase of said game, you don't purchase the game AND the online pass

^ this, the online pass is for people that buy it preowned so that the developers can still make some money off of preowned games.

Message 20 of 77 (146 Views)
0 Likes