Jan 28 2013
By: Carter131184 First Son 11 posts

Online Freeze

3 replies 104 views Edited Jan 28, 2013

I bought PASBR yesterday through the January sale in the EU. I already downloaded the latest update, but everytime I try to play online immediately after I've chosen my character the game freeze (where it says sarching for an opponent) and the controller won't respond. I had to hard reset the Ps3 the first time and the second time I managed to quit the game through the XBM.

I've read somewhere that the digital versions of the game suffer from this problem more frequently than the disc version; nonetheless is a complete shame that a problem like this still persist, considering that the online is an integral part of this game.

Is there anything that could be done to fix this problem or we just have to hopelessly wait for a patch from the developers?

I know that the problem seems to be the type of NAT connection that the ps3 (or PsVita) has with the router. I reset the router this morning and in fact it worked, but I've also read that this is only a temporary solution.

Anybody found a permanent fix to the problem?

Message 1 of 4 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Re: Online Freeze

Jan 28, 2013

Oddly this issue only happens with this game, when I connect an ethernet cable between my ps3 and router, on just a whim I unplugged the ethernet and connected wirelessly and the game's been working well ever since. Not sure if this helps solve your specific issue but it's how I got around my connection freezes when I first started playing. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18887 posts

Jan 28, 2013

I have seen a couple threads with this issue. Try deleting the game (update) data and redownloading all the updates and see if that helps.

Message 3 of 4 (96 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Unluckily I can't connect the Ps3 directly through the router because they're in two different rooms! I'll try to fiddle with my router settings and also to erase the game data, but it's a shame that a game so much built around online play has this kind of problems that are still not fixed 2/3 months after the release! Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 4 (85 Views)
0 Likes