Highlighted
Dec 08 2012
By: Renegade_TX2000 Hekseville Citizen 377 posts

Onimusha: Samanosuke Akechi Moveset

[ Edited ]
4 replies 282 views Edited Dec 8, 2012

Average speed, around dante level.  Extremely quick with his kicks, and decent speed with sword but very hard to punish him on block.

Neutral Square:  attack from Onimusha 1

Down Square:  would be his side kick which would hit enemies only infront of him , where he could knock you to the ground in a stumble position not a tech chase scenario.

Forward Square: his sword stab and kicks enemy into the ground.

Up square: ??

Triangle moves would be him bringing out other weapons from onimusha 1 and onimusha 3.

His Counter would probably be the most unique out of all the other counters, pretty much how it worked in onimusha 1... Right before they attacked you, you had to attack back and if you missed the timing you would get hit for free. So using Samanosukes is how well you read your opponents speed of his attacks and messing up the timing equals free combo from your opponent just like the games.

Also he would have a 2ND counter just like in his game, if he blocked exactly when you attacked he would kill you instantly, but for this game that counter can be a "get off me move", which would knock you away, if he miss times it he just blocks instead.

Also his counter instantly came out and dodged your move in the process, slycooper/raiden counter is pretty much how it would look like.

His Down Circle,  "Gauntlet"  would allow him to suck up AP meter from anywhere on the screen if it was lying down on the ground.

Level 1 ???

Level 2 Wind Hurricane, Similar to Kratos level 2.

Level 3 Oni FORM!

His combos would be bad **bleep** in this game, example:

Square square, down triangle

Square, up triangle

Basically his triangle moves brings out the weapons he earned from his games and he could combine his attacks with his "magic weapons" just like he did in the games. Or he could just flat out use his "Magic weapons" by pressing triangle.

It's been quite awhile since i've played onimusha but if you guys could help add in the movesets it would be helpful =d.

His counters make sense though...

If you block just like you would in this game he would counter and smack you away.

His other counter which has to be timed would leave you in a crumple state for a free combo

One is high risk high reward, the other is low risk low reward since he can't "camp you" so him knocking you away is no big deal compared to the Crumpled state.

Message 1 of 5 (282 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1144 posts

Re: Onimusha: Samanosuke Akechi Moveset

Dec 8, 2012

lv 1 could be the special attack he does with the lighting sword, and Lv 2 could be that giant wind hurricane summoned by that double bladed wind sword. 

I'm so glad someone finally recognizes Samanosuke as a potenial character

Message 2 of 5 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Dec 8, 2012
yeah! his level 2 would be his Wind hurricane... It would be similar to Kratos level 2.
Message 3 of 5 (266 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1144 posts

Dec 8, 2012

exactly but a bit better. It can attract the other players and has somewhat of a larger radius than kratos' lv 2. superbot should take some pointers from blade warriors

Message 4 of 5 (258 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 18, 2014

i would think that his level one would differ from each sword. just like Emmet, depending on what gun he had, that was its special. Emmet can switch weapons but pressing UP+O for a rocket launcher,and DOWN+O for a shotgun and use them for basic combat. i have a similar idea for Samanosuke. just like how Emmet chooses his weapons, Samanosuke can switch from the lightning sword, fire broadsword, and to the wind (i forget what they called it) with the simple UP,DOWN, or FORWARD+O. For the level one, the thunder sword, the sword should conect with the target like in the game,have two quick strikes before the lightning strucks, killing the target the sword made contact with ,but also anyone who is above is killed because of the height of the lightning strike (like in the game), but also for it can be used as a AP drainer by RAPADLIY pressing SQUARE for additinal strikes (total of 6)(its just a thought). Next is the Fire Broadsword, just like in the game, the level one should just simply be Samanosuke lifting the the weapon over his head and send a fairly median ranged trail of fire and set multiple targets ablaze. Lastly the wind weapon, this should have Samanosuke spin his weapon, creating a wind vortex killing anyone caught in it. though i do think it should be presented differently, if not, it will look like a knock off of Kratos Level 2. so i would suggest instead of it being tall and skinny, the tornato should be about a median height, and be more wide so its able to get more range. well thats it. i hope people like my idea, and even though PSASBR are done with DLC, we can only hope for a second one. feel free to commentSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 5 (188 Views)
0 Likes