Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Re: On the subject of Dante...

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

Wesley37 wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Then I come on here and various other places and hear all the complaining and hating on him. Eventually, I said to myself that I had to figure out what the big deal was. I went and watched some of the DmC content they've released so far. And after this research, I find myself in a situation where I feel there is a good chance I will buy the game. So, thank you new Dante haters.

Whoa.... the Classic Dante is actually getting people to buy this game.

LX_Theo wrote:

I had never played any Devil May Cry game. I didn't really ever have any interest in looking into it. I jnew it was a bigger Playstation franchise for a long time, but besides that, nothing.

That's the same for me. Never played it nor was interested it.... and that's because I never heard about it. I heard about it when I saw Classic Dante in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. When I got the game, I never played as Classic Dante nor in UMvC3 cause I didn't want to.

Now that I know about it, then I hear this DMC Collection. Wasn't interested in the character nor games. Then I hear this new DMC game. In which I'll get that game & was cool to hear that it was DMC's Dante in PS All-Stars & not Classic Dante. That's only because Classic Dante already appeared in a Crossover & now it was cool to see DMC's Dante in this Crossover than the other Dante.

Though I do know that Classic Dante had his games Playstation Exclusive. Till..... the HD Collection came & now the character was basically multiplatform in this time & not way back then. It pretty much solved everything at the end. Despite it could of been Classic Dante, I had to thank Capcom for wanting DMC's Dante instead.

Will you post the heihachi throwing dante gif again? I must see it again 

Message 11 of 38 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Nov 11, 2012

In my opinion, I actually like the "New Dante". What's up with these stupid childish names I'm hearing, "Donte","DINO", "New Dante" ? You fanboys need to GROW UP, he's still Dante, always has been Dante, and always will be Dante, just his appearance has been changed to make him look realistic. Is that what this is about , him not looking like a dumb hair-colored anime character? Old Dante was the reason why I never bought a DMC game because he looked weird, and I'll be buying Dmc 2013 when it comes out. You complaining fanboys know you're going to buy it anyway so get over it. Dante is here to stay.

"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Message 12 of 38 (127 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Nov 11, 2012

hushM0UTH12 wrote:

In my opinion, I actually like the "New Dante". What's up with these stupid childish names I'm hearing, "Donte","DINO", "New Dante" ? You fanboys need to GROW UP, he's still Dante, always has been Dante, and always will be Dante, just his appearance has been changed to make him look realistic. Is that what this is about , him not looking like a dumb hair-colored anime character? Old Dante was the reason why I never bought a DMC game because he looked weird, and I'll be buying Dmc 2013 when it comes out. You complaining fanboys know you're going to buy it anyway so get over it. Dante is here to stay.

If you actually knew anything about Devil May Cry you'd know more than his looks changed

His personality is completely different and His entire reason for fighting is different 

Message 13 of 38 (124 Views)
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Nov 11, 2012
DMC's Dante was never too interesting to me. It just seemed like an over the top anime style game. It honestly never caught my eye, even after playing as him in MvsC3. But the new Dante really has my attention. I don't know if it's the contemporary story, the new outfit/face/haircut, or the fact that he's been nothing but hated for the last 3 years (I have a tendency to root for the underdog), but I honestly like what DmC: Devil May Cry has to offer. I don't give a crap about the personal politics, who said what, whatever. If it looks cool, and the gameplay rocks, then I'm gonna try and get it.
Message 14 of 38 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 11, 2012

hushM0UTH12 wrote:

its not childish its  just a name, i just got used to calling him that, im dead serious its what i immeiatly think, now as for him still being dante hes not his personality is so different its not even funny, no fanboy crap, infact when you said you never bought an old DMC because of old dante, you make it okay for people that say they wont buy this game or DmC because of new dante, people will have different opinions no matter what, people love DINO i hate him but i have valid reasons, people hate sly, i love him, people hate sony i love them, infact my friends want the new DmC, but do i hate them now, no of course not, thats just retarded.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 15 of 38 (115 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 11, 2012
by the looks of things, capcom doesn't actually lose anything,
they lost the old fans, but gained new fans...
Play For Fun!
Message 16 of 38 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Why does it matter so much how a character looks? Ninja theory is trying to reinvent Dante, there's no problem with that. If it doesn't work out, then they won't do it next time. What is the difference between this and Raiden? Raiden underwent a change in MGS4, but there wasn't any problem with that.

I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing any valid reason to complain about change.
Message 17 of 38 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 11, 2012

achus93again wrote:

but how long will those new fans stick around, and when capcom really F up whose gona help them then, capcom lost fans of resident evil, DMC, megaman, marvel vs capcom, and other franchises that dont get fans

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 18 of 38 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 11, 2012

miamiheatowns wrote:
Why does it matter so much how a character looks? Ninja theory is trying to reinvent Dante, there's no problem with that. If it doesn't work out, then they won't do it next time. What is the difference between this and Raiden? Raiden underwent a change in MGS4, but there wasn't any problem with that.

I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing any valid reason to complain about change.

oh yeah, what's the story with raiden?

in his new game, is it before or after mgs4?

Play For Fun!
Message 19 of 38 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 11, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

achus93again wrote:

but how long will those new fans stick around, and when capcom really F up whose gona help them then, capcom lost fans of resident evil, DMC, megaman, marvel vs capcom, and other franchises that dont get fans

dunno,

honestly, i just don't care about those franchises of capcom that you just listed,

the only capcom franchise i care about is monster hunter, which hasn't seen an english languaged release, and dragons dogma...

Play For Fun!
Message 20 of 38 (75 Views)
0 Likes