Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: On the subject of Dante...

Nov 11, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

oh yeah, what's the story with raiden?

in his new game, is it before or after mgs4?

I'll actually give the text dialogue that they have in the Metal Gear Revengeance demo I got right next to me, hold up.

"Four years have passed since the "Guns of the Patriots" and the collapse of the system that had been controlling world affairs from the shadows. Free from Patriot control, cyborg technology has proliferated and the world's major private military companies (PMC's) have splintered into countless smaller entites sparking new conflicts around the globe."

so, why is he a full cyborg again?

i thought he replaced them with some pseudo-human parts at the end of mgs4....

Play For Fun!
Message 31 of 38 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Hi.

His personality hasn't actually changed; in the original games he was much more of the generic hero of that time. He had that 'too cool for school' type of deal going on; basically it was a front for his much deeper problems, I.E his mom getting killed, and his brother against the very ideals their family were for, I.E not working for personal gain. The problem with the original games is that they never really exemplified this idea; DMC1 had it with its Sparda and Mundus link, but failed kinda miserably when it came to actually telling that. Just a small text dialogue at the very beginning of the game and it always pointing to "DANTE IS SPARDA'S SON. I HOPE YOU GUYS REALIZE DANTE IS SPARDA'S SON. HINT HINT DANTE IS' you get the idea.

What I'm trying to say is, they're both characters who act out against others to hide their internal misery of losing pretty much everything, with a sarcastic, mysanthropic demeanor (he acts like an arse). This is both shown in the way the Japanese do things; I.E acting like a 'too cool for school' gang member, and in the way the Western do things, I.E brood a lot, beat people up, and curse at people.

Also I'd like to point out that, in Ninja Theory's rendition, they're not going to throw a bunch of text saying Dante is Sparda's son. They're going to work it into the story. Of course the 'player' knows who Sparda is, we've played it before, but that's why its such an awesome reimagining; we now get to 'experience' it, with a character that's similar in many ways in terms of his personality, but physically different.

Except his personality did change

It went from being "too cool for school" to being an Emo Jerk Bag (Nicest thing I could come up with) 

The Dante from old devil may Crys he was a joker  He was light hearted and cocky but the new Dante is just trying to be bad and he isn't cocky at all he's just a jerk 

He went from fighting for his mother to not even knowing his mother

So Different personality

Different reason for fighting

HES ON GOOD TERMS WITH VERGIL!?!?!? (for now)

Even if the underline personality is simillar that doesn't make him Dante

and for the record I'll probably buy the new game my problem is we're stuck with a character whos never even been in a playstation game and when his game actually does come out it won't even have anything special about the ps3 version

Message 32 of 38 (104 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Well technically this Dante has been in a PlayStation game. It's this one.
Unless you mean before this one.
Message 33 of 38 (95 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Nov 11, 2012
got me there blade

Message 34 of 38 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 11, 2012
XD
Play For Fun!
Message 35 of 38 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 11, 2012

I'm fine with New Dante being in this because in the end he still plays like Dante would in this sort of game so it doesn't bother me, thing is though Dante is one of the most overused characters in MVC3 which I played to no end so his inclusion doesn't do anything for me I'm not even hyped for him and I've played his games I love DMC3 and 4 and I'm willing to pick up the reboot but seeing him in another fighting game after MVC3 just doesn't do anything for me and because of that I don't really care for his inclusion.

Message 36 of 38 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Agreed thatoneguy
MVC3 + UMVC3 which I purchased both, thought it was perfect having the old dante and should be left on a good ending, remember fighting games never really get old

Ps capcom has confirmed that this ain't a 'new' dante... Its set in a parrallel world to the 'old' dante, same universe there both set in so there's nothing dropping those 2 from meeting up am deffo picking up my copy of DMC 013
Message 37 of 38 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 11, 2012

I dunno, punching someone out and writing "F*@! you" on his bouncer sheet was pretty funny.

Different ways of doing things.

Oh and he's not on good terms with Vergil. Without wishing to spoil too much, Vergil's still gonna be a **bleep**.

Message 38 of 38 (53 Views)
0 Likes