Sep 26 2012
By: phantomblake Splicer 86 posts

On a scale of 1 to 10...

95 replies 583 views Edited Sep 26, 2012

How good do you think each character will be? As a beta player i can tell you firsthand about 6, but im just giving my opinions on the rest:

Parappa: I give him an 8. He can be insanely powerful if you can be quick on your feet.

Fat Princess: Honestly? 4. I dont like her play style at all, and her moves just dont blend well IMO.

Kratos: 6.5. Everyone seems to think hes overpowered, and at first I did too. But when you start to get the hang of it, you realize how easy his moves are to avoid. Overall he is pretty powerful though.

Sweet Tooth: 5.5.  Hes pretty decent, but not great. You can do pretty well as him as a noob, but if you're fighting a skilled player, he can be pretty tough to be effective with. Hes alright.

Radec: 9, but only because hes so cheap. I am pretty good as radec, and win majority of matches as him, and use plenty of combos, but most rades will sit in 3 different spots and shoot as much as possible. His sniper needs a debuff, very overpowered and spammed as a result.

Sly: 7. Hes pretty good, pretty fast, and pretty powerful.

Nathan: 7.5 He seems like he'll be good, but not one of the most popular tourney characters.

Big Daddy: 8 Kind of excited for him, he looks heavy, but seems like he will be better than bowser as a heavy.

Heihachi: 9.5 Heihachi looks tough to use, but when applied properly looks to be one of the best characters.

Toro: 6 Seems okay, havent seen enough to make a good judgement though.

Jak and Dax: 8 Seem to be very balanced, and mid to long ranged, interesting to see how they will turn out.

Cole: 5 Dont like how he looks, could have been made very differently.

Spike: 7 I think he looks great, i expect him to be my A character as I like what ive seen of his playstyle.

Sackboy: 10 He looks fantastic. May be spammed, but applied properly he will be a tank. His special and supers look great.

Dante: 7.5 He seems good, very combo oriented, but looks like he needs more knockback, just a little buff.

Ratchet and Clank: I have no idea, anywhere between 4 and 8 though. They look unlike any character ive seen, hard to judge.

Evil Cole: 8 Seems slow, but really, REALLY powerful. Looking forward to seeing what hes like.

Raiden: 10 He will be in the top 3 of the tier list for sure. His moves look incredible, but not overpowered. Expecting him to be a character that wont be easy to master.

Nariko:5 Eh, she looks okay, but like a weaker, faster combination of Kratos and Raiden.

Sir Dan: 11 Sir Dan looks amazing. He can be long range, mid or, short as well as building great AP and having good knockback. 

Keep in mind these are just my opinions and let me know what you guys think!:smileytongue:

Photobucket
Winning. Pure. Winning.
Message 1 of 96 (583 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Re: On a scale of 1 to 10...

Sep 26, 2012

The characters are pretty balanced to me, and I would never rate characters I only seen instead of played, otherwise FP would have been a 1 but she is now my main.

Message 2 of 96 (564 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:

The characters are pretty balanced to me, and I would never rate characters I only seen instead of played, otherwise FP would have been a 1 but she is now my main.

yeah FP is such a good character, not even joking:smileyhappy:

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 3 of 96 (518 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Sep 26, 2012
I agree with your Parappa rate. Dude is a beast.
Message 4 of 96 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Sep 26, 2012
For me?
Kratos-7
Parappa-7.5
FP-6
Radec-8
Sweet tooth-5
Sly-8.5
Nathan drake-8
Big daddy-7
Toro-3
Heihachi-6.5
Cole-7
Jak-9
Dante-8
Spike-9
Ratchet-7
Sackboy-5
Evil cole-9
Raiden-9
Nariko-7
Sir Dan-8.5
Message 5 of 96 (503 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 26, 2012

i feel like this is a popularity contest. shouldve done this when it actually comes out.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 6 of 96 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Sep 26, 2012
i was going to do that too, this is just predictions
Photobucket
Winning. Pure. Winning.
Message 7 of 96 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6998 posts

Sep 26, 2012

I like everyones post here. I agree about Jak & Daxter being 8 and 9s to. He is my fav char, but I like your list of ratings for the chars so I agree. Wait ill bump up Cole to a 8.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 8 of 96 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Ehhhhhhh your ratings r okaiiiii...i haven't played the beta yet so u prob know whos the best out of the beta characters but rlli?? Sir dan getting an 11?..as much as i like the character (fav character in the game atm) he is by far the weakest character in the game.....EVEN seth and the superbot team say he neads some buffs....

Reasons why i think he is under powered:

1. He is WAYY too slow....Big daddy is slow too but he does his job alot better than sir dan...

2. Sir dan has WORST ultimates in the game! lvl 1 sux and i have never seen it land more than 2... lvl 2 is okaiii....but easy to dodge and isn't reliable looking...looks easy to dodge and finally lvl 3 SUX because if every1 just splits in different directions sir dan is screwed! Even evil cole has a move like that during his lvl 3 and it seems aloooot better!

Message 9 of 96 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6998 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Dewbore wrote:

Ehhhhhhh your ratings r okaiiiii...i haven't played the beta yet so u prob know whos the best out of the beta characters but rlli?? Sir dan getting an 11?..as much as i like the character (fav character in the game atm) he is by far the weakest character in the game.....EVEN seth and the superbot team say he neads some buffs....

Reasons why i think he is under powered:

1. He is WAYY too slow....Big daddy is slow too but he does his job alot better than sir dan...

2. Sir dan has WORST ultimates in the game! lvl 1 sux and i have never seen it land more than 2... lvl 2 is okaiii....but easy to dodge and isn't reliable looking...looks easy to dodge and finally lvl 3 SUX because if every1 just splits in different directions sir dan is screwed! Even evil cole has a move like that during his lvl 3 and it seems aloooot better!

O I didnt see him post 11 for that guy. Yea he doesnt deserve an 11. Id say 6.5

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 10 of 96 (414 Views)
0 Likes