Oct 06 2012
By: YMIFlavored Monster Hunter 41 posts

Omar, thank you for answering my question, but... (SgtFunShinebear)

15 replies 376 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

However my full question wasn't asked and you seemed to be confused by what I was asking. I asked if there were settings to modify the infinite blocking system. The reason I asked is because at EVO the threshold seemed to be at around 75% meter gain, and it made for short and un-interesting combos I felt. I was happy to hear it was increased to 100%, but you also mentioned that you would gain 25% if you hit that threshold. I personally feel, that if you can gain 125% anyway, why not let us combo to 125%? Lowering that threshold only limits how creative we can be. I understand the concern over infinites, and the system is good in that regard, but you have to remember that it only restricts creativity.

And one more concern I have is that you've stated you want it to be hard to combo into supers, but is it impossible? You have a roll with invincibility frames during the first half, and it's universal from what I understand, so why would you want us to not combo into them, if they have a get out of jail free card when they're not in hit stun? 

I really hope to start pioneering a competitive scene for this game, so more info would be great, thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

Re: Omar, thank you for answering my question, but... (SgtFunShinebear)

Oct 6, 2012
Omar isn't on these forums my dude.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Shameless bump
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Oct 6, 2012

RealVision116 wrote:
Omar isn't on these forums my dude.

That's fine, I still asked questions that I would like answered, if they can be.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Well, the combo thing is fine at 100, if u barely pass 100, let's say 105, u automatically get 125 for the combo. And no, it would not be impossible to combo since if it was, then there would be no need for the system anyways.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Oct 6, 2012

miamiheatowns wrote:
Well, the combo thing is fine at 100, if u barely pass 100, let's say 105, u automatically get 125 for the combo. And no, it would not be impossible to combo since if it was, then there would be no need for the system anyways.

You sir, did not read the questions, or misinterpreted them.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Nah, I got lazy reading ur post and guessed the question.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Oct 6, 2012

YMIFlavored wrote:

However my full question wasn't asked and you seemed to be confused by what I was asking. I asked if there were settings to modify the infinite blocking system. The reason I asked is because at EVO the threshold seemed to be at around 75% meter gain, and it made for short and un-interesting combos I felt. I was happy to hear it was increased to 100%, but you also mentioned that you would gain 25% if you hit that threshold. I personally feel, that if you can gain 125% anyway, why not let us combo to 125%? Lowering that threshold only limits how creative we can be. I understand the concern over infinites, and the system is good in that regard, but you have to remember that it only restricts creativity.

And one more concern I have is that you've stated you want it to be hard to combo into supers, but is it impossible? You have a roll with invincibility frames during the first half, and it's universal from what I understand, so why would you want us to not combo into them, if they have a get out of jail free card when they're not in hit stun? 

I really hope to start pioneering a competitive scene for this game, so more info would be great, thank you.

the combo system isnt 100%, its 100 AP
for example, a strong attack generates about 20 AP, and a level one super is somewhere around the 100 AP mark

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Oct 6, 2012

miamiheatowns wrote:
Nah, I got lazy reading ur post and guessed the question.

At least you're honest.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Oct 6, 2012

TweetyPurd wrote:

YMIFlavored wrote:

the combo system isnt 100%, its 100 AP
for example, a strong attack generates about 20 AP, and a level one super is somewhere around the 100 AP mark

Thus the percentages, 100% of a meter. 200% would be 2 meters, etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (215 Views)
0 Likes