Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Re: Omar, thank you for answering my question, but... (SgtFunShinebear)

Oct 6, 2012
Bump.
Message 11 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Oct 6, 2012
bumpin for knowledge.
Message 12 of 16 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 6, 2012

YMIFlavored wrote:

TweetyPurd wrote:

YMIFlavored wrote:

However my full question wasn't asked and you seemed to be confused by what I was asking. I asked if there were settings to modify the infinite blocking system. The reason I asked is because at EVO the threshold seemed to be at around 75% meter gain, and it made for short and un-interesting combos I felt. I was happy to hear it was increased to 100%, but you also mentioned that you would gain 25% if you hit that threshold. I personally feel, that if you can gain 125% anyway, why not let us combo to 125%? Lowering that threshold only limits how creative we can be. I understand the concern over infinites, and the system is good in that regard, but you have to remember that it only restricts creativity.

And one more concern I have is that you've stated you want it to be hard to combo into supers, but is it impossible? You have a roll with invincibility frames during the first half, and it's universal from what I understand, so why would you want us to not combo into them, if they have a get out of jail free card when they're not in hit stun? 

I really hope to start pioneering a competitive scene for this game, so more info would be great, thank you.

the combo system isnt 100%, its 100 AP
for example, a strong attack generates about 20 AP, and a level one super is somewhere around the 100 AP mark

Thus the percentages, 100% of a meter. 200% would be 2 meters, etc.

But you know a level 2 is not 2 level 1s.. right?

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 13 of 16 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Oct 6, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:

YMIFlavored wrote:

TweetyPurd wrote:

YMIFlavored wrote:

However my full question wasn't asked and you seemed to be confused by what I was asking. I asked if there were settings to modify the infinite blocking system. The reason I asked is because at EVO the threshold seemed to be at around 75% meter gain, and it made for short and un-interesting combos I felt. I was happy to hear it was increased to 100%, but you also mentioned that you would gain 25% if you hit that threshold. I personally feel, that if you can gain 125% anyway, why not let us combo to 125%? Lowering that threshold only limits how creative we can be. I understand the concern over infinites, and the system is good in that regard, but you have to remember that it only restricts creativity.

And one more concern I have is that you've stated you want it to be hard to combo into supers, but is it impossible? You have a roll with invincibility frames during the first half, and it's universal from what I understand, so why would you want us to not combo into them, if they have a get out of jail free card when they're not in hit stun? 

I really hope to start pioneering a competitive scene for this game, so more info would be great, thank you.

the combo system isnt 100%, its 100 AP
for example, a strong attack generates about 20 AP, and a level one super is somewhere around the 100 AP mark

Thus the percentages, 100% of a meter. 200% would be 2 meters, etc.

But you know a level 2 is not 2 level 1s.. right?

It.... costs the same amount of meter as two level ones so the math is correct... and yes i'm aware.

Message 14 of 16 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Your best bet is an answer from Strider_Doom which is Clockw0rk. He can most likely fill you in however, I'm not sure when he will answer. You can message him if anything.
Message 15 of 16 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Oct 6, 2012
How do I message him?
Message 16 of 16 (13 Views)
0 Likes