Fender Bender
2718 posts

Re: Omar talks about Crash Bandicoot

Oct 6, 2012

MGS4_80GB wrote:

stargateheaven wrote:
So why did when soemone asked him "any more characters?" omar replied "not that i can talk abour right now haha"

Because stupid people like you will believe anything.

lol k?

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 41 of 61 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
448 posts

Oct 6, 2012
If he said he can't talk about anymore characters at this time, he probably meant as in DLC. Yes, I didn't hear him flat out deconfirm anything, and yes that does seem weird, but I'm going to assume that 20 is the final on disc roster count Smiley Sad
PSASBR Cover - Updated with Kat and Emmett Renders & Rivalries photo PSASBRBanner-3_zps5dbc59b0.jpg
Message 42 of 61 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I heard him say, "There are no unlockables," and "the launch roster is twenty characters." I take this to mean that there will only be twenty characters on disc. Of course, I still love the roster and am getting this game, but I don't expect anymore reveals.

The thing that I was most interested in was Omar's discussion of the boss. "Yes we have an evil mastermind - I wouldn't call him evil - behind all of this."
Message 43 of 61 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

I understand that it takes 2 to tango, I understand that Superbot wanted Crash in now. What I don't understand is why the hell wouldn't Activision let Crash be in the **bleep** game (if he isn't in). They aren't doing anything to him and it'll only mean that they'd make more money off Crash..

Message 44 of 61 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Remember when asked about the roster, they said "more than you think."

I believe there is more. 20 characters wont cut it, and I'm sure they knew that.  Paul Gale apparently knows of at least 22. David Hayter lent his voice for the game. All this doesn't add up, so let's wait for Comic-con, because I think Omar is stalling.

Message 45 of 61 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Oct 6, 2012

My question is if there is no unlockbable characters, how come the Prima Official Guide for the game says it will help you unlock character.

"Alright, lets blow stuff up!" - Sly Cooper

My Mains: Sly Cooper & Sackboy
My Subs: Ratchet & Clank, Sir Daniel, & Parappa
Message 46 of 61 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I never heard Omar say that there were only 20 fighters in the final line up of this game--just the launch line up. 

I also never heard Omar say there would be no unlockable characters.

What I did hear was Omar say there no plans for DLC but if the fans demand it post-launch then SuperBot will start working on it. 

The whole Crash Bandicoot "it takes two to tango" wasn't necessarily pointed at just Crash, but to say that a few highly-demanded characters just didn't make it in but SuperBot knows they want him. He never specifically said it was Crash. 

When asked if there are no more characters in this game then Omar replies "Um...Not that I am going to be talking about here..[laughs]". 

There are more characters--and since they are not planning on DLC just yet this means they are on-disc. 

Message 47 of 61 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
625 posts

Oct 6, 2012
The 2 to tango was at Crash at one point in tje stream. Someone asked about Crash and Omar answered the same way he answered why other characters they wanted could not get in.

Did we watch the same livestream or were people's ears only waiting to listen for magic words and not care about anything else or reasoning Omar had?
Message 48 of 61 (171 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Oct 6, 2012

For anyone wanting to rewatch the interview.
Playststion All-stars Battle Royale EB Expo Interview.
Start at 55 minutes in, ends at 1:33:00

http://www.twitch.tv/gamespot/b/334590747

Message 49 of 61 (150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Chrono Cactaur

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Chrono why are u still here if u hate this game so much? If ur trolling ur pretty bad at it soooooo...stop trying to push ur beliefs on others or stop ur fail trolling (depending on what ur really doing) k? 

Message 50 of 61 (274 Views)
0 Likes